26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2015, 13:57   #2986
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

^^ If you trade using ICICI direct, there is a consolidated P&L statement for both short term and long term capital gains that you can use as an attachment in your IT return. Uses FIFO approach and indexed costs so I guess that's in line with what is required.
Old 5th August 2015, 14:53   #2987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murillo View Post
Dear members,
Does your broker give you something like a consolidated report of transactions with a grand total of net profit/loss at the end of the financial year, and which you just attach for your tax submission?
I have a trading account with ICICI securities. They provide a report which gives a report on short term capital gains made during the year for both stocks and mutual funds. Not sure which other trading platforms provide this.
Old 5th August 2015, 19:37   #2988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I use moneycontrol.com's portfolio builder for this. As you keep selling stocks, it automatically saves the details in the capital gains section. At the end of the year I transfer this list to excel from the website and I have all the details ready. Of course, you have to manually input every purchase & sale transaction on the website but I find this method far less cumbersome & more importantly, less confusing then having to sit at the end of the year and make a list from every contract note.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
^^ If you trade using ICICI direct, there is a consolidated P&L statement for both short term and long term capital gains that you can use as an attachment in your IT return. Uses FIFO approach and indexed costs so I guess that's in line with what is required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I have a trading account with ICICI securities. They provide a report which gives a report on short term capital gains made during the year for both stocks and mutual funds. Not sure which other trading platforms provide this.
Thanks for the information. Your inputs will be useful for those who trade in stock as well as hold a regular job to plan their end-of-the-year accounting strategy for the tax man.
Old 6th August 2015, 14:05   #2989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I have an account with ICICI direct. How to generate this report online? Thanks
Old 6th August 2015, 14:28   #2990
Distinguished - BHPian

While on the topic of returns, I assume, we need not declare any earnings if we have not sold anything in the current financial year (only added positions)? Is this correct?
Old 6th August 2015, 14:43   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I have an account with ICICI direct. How to generate this report online? Thanks
Go to the 'Tax' tab. Then below that you have the options for 'Equity Capital Gain' and 'MF Capital Gain'. The screenshot for the same is attached for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Do you play the stock market-icici-direct-tax-details.jpg  

Old 6th August 2015, 17:42   #2992
BHPian

Hi,

For those who are not happy with the reports from their broker or have multiple trading accounts you can try MProfit software. It is free for retail investors. I just started using a few days back. You can import the transaction statements. I mailed to my broker for transaction statement from date of inception till date and uploaded the same. You can also create an account for your spouse separately and then see a "group view" combining both. You can see XIRR for scrips and portfolio. I found this quite useful, there is no need to enter each transaction manually.

Quote:
I use moneycontrol.com's portfolio builder for this. As you keep selling stocks, it automatically saves the details in the capital gains section. At the end of the year I transfer this list to excel from the website and I have all the details ready. Of course, you have to manually input every purchase & sale transaction on the website but I find this method far less cumbersome & more importantly, less confusing then having to sit at the end of the year and make a list from every contract note.
Old 6th August 2015, 20:21   #2993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
While on the topic of returns, I assume, we need not declare any earnings if we have not sold anything in the current financial year (only added positions)? Is this correct?
Yes. You don't have to declare any earnings as there is no sale and no resultant profit/loss in the current assessment year, i.e., for the last financial year.
Old 6th August 2015, 23:44   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Amit
Hi.
I am guilty of doing the accounting exercise at the end of the year.
One question about the security part.
You are loading the details of your entire portfolio on moneycontrol, which is openly accessible to everybody. Am aware that it is protected by password but how safe is it?
Regards
Old 7th August 2015, 13:55   #2995
Senior - BHPian

I am currently using valueresearch.com's Portfolio feature.
This can be used for MF and Stocks both.
The interface is not as good as I would like, but it allows me to put minimal information in to their system (no folio information for example).
It shows me market value of each share/ MF and the total as well with the daily up and down figures.

I don't think it shows capital gains, but for that, I would log on to FundsIndia for my stocks and direct mutual fund house's website for the gain statement for each fund.
Old 7th August 2015, 17:54   #2996
Distinguished - BHPian

Views on Power Mech issue opened today?
Old 7th August 2015, 18:16   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Views on Power Mech issue opened today?
The Motilal Oswal is divesting their stakes in this stock. They are the prime vendors for most of the power companies. You can check out the management interview videos on TV18.
Old 10th August 2015, 09:59   #2998
BHPian

Excellent results from Avanti! 79% PAT growth.

I had attended the AGM on Saturday at Vaizag. They have a dominant position in their business and looks like the high growth will continue for next 2 years. I had invested at Rs 220 and sold off at 600. The compelling argument for selling was shrimp diseases, global shrimp price decline, cyclone in coastal AP... Realized the big mistake and bought heavily at 1500 a few months back after in-depth research. The good thing about high growth stocks is that valuations do not go up despite stock price going up allowing you to average up.

Even at today's price of Rs 2960 its not expensive if you are convinced that they can earn Rs 300+ EPS in FY17. This year they have potential to earn Rs 220.

Cheers

Vindy
Old 10th August 2015, 18:26   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vindy,

What is your view about mergers/ acquisitions to the stock price of both the companies?

Say, for example, if Kotak acquires Yes bank. Would it benefit share holders of Yes Bank or would it be more beneficial to Kotak share holders?

The price per share of acquiring company is lower than that of the other company.
Old 11th August 2015, 00:03   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Excellent results from Avanti! 79% PAT growth.

I had attended the AGM on Saturday at Vaizag. They have a dominant position in their business and looks like the high growth will continue for next 2 years. I had invested at Rs 220 and sold off at 600. The compelling argument for selling was shrimp diseases, global shrimp price decline, cyclone in coastal AP... Realized the big mistake and bought heavily at 1500 a few months back after in-depth research. The good thing about high growth stocks is that valuations do not go up despite stock price going up allowing you to average up.

Even at today's price of Rs 2960 its not expensive if you are convinced that they can earn Rs 300+ EPS in FY17. This year they have potential to earn Rs 220.

Cheers

Vindy
Vindy
Hi
Thought of you when I saw Avanti at the upper circuit
Somebody else, name starting with the alphabet V, on moneycontrol posted about this years EPS of rs 220. Was it you?
Incidentally I have a vague recollection of a shrimp exporter in the doldrums because Japan had found their quality below par. This was years and years back. Was it Avanti?
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks