76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2015, 07:50   #3031
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
But if we look at %, the fall was much sharper - 10% down and the trading was halted. Today was just 5.5% comparatively.

The 2008 episode still send shivers down my spine and I bled really bad. This time, however, all I see is opportunities. Even, my current portfolio, is not bad (though its not a handsome amount).
2008 was big big set back in all respects and good learning opportunity too . I started working in 2006 and we bunch of friends started trading in 2007. That was time when all the stocks were going up IT & Real Estate were cream. We were enjoying the little extra cash to have fun. Then ReliancePower IPO news came, and we started gathering serious funds to buy lots. Man, it was over subscribed like n times and we got peanuts. And suddenly in few days markets crashed like no tomorrow. We bled and bled and thus hard lessons learnt in much harder way.
Old 25th August 2015, 11:36   #3032
Senior - BHPian

The downward slide continues on day 2. Sensex is down by 330 points as I type this.
Old 25th August 2015, 13:39   #3033
BHPian

Why is Kitex falling so sharply compared to others?

Exit or add some to average out?
Old 25th August 2015, 18:58   #3034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
. ...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
But if we look at %, the fall was much sharper - 10% down and the trading was halted. Today was just 5.5% comparatively.

The 2008 episode still send shivers down my spine and I bled really bad. This time, however, all I see is opportunities. Even, my current portfolio, is not bad (though its not a handsome amount).
I think I got it wrong. Not sure there was a 10% drop in 2008, but it did happen before 2008 once. I didn't have any investments in share market then, but saw a colleague losing his entire savings (in futures & options).

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 25th August 2015 at 19:00.
Old 25th August 2015, 22:24   #3035
BHPian

VindyWheels - any idea about Kitex from long term perspective. (1 - 2 yrs).
Can we invest now as it has fallen rapidly or better to wait some days to see the market trend
Old 26th August 2015, 00:09   #3036
BHPian

Hi everybody.
Here is a link to the Economic Times about falls.
In absolute terms yesterday was the worst but in %age terms it is different.
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/A...25082015001071

And a link from the Times of India
http://epaperbeta.timesofindia.com/G...1008&eid=31804
Regards
Old 27th August 2015, 17:46   #3037
BHPian

Nikhil,

I was not happy with dilly-dallying on the merger front. Now they are thinking of listing the pvt company too and the US entity is 50% owned by the pvt company. I have no doubt about the strength of their business and future growth prospects. I want clarity on this. I had exited at 800-850 levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
VindyWheels - any idea about Kitex from long term perspective. (1 - 2 yrs).
Can we invest now as it has fallen rapidly or better to wait some days to see the market trend
Old 27th August 2015, 18:27   #3038
BHPian

Any reviews on Capitalminds.in of Deepak Shenoy, How are the services, is it worth subscribing for momentum stocks.
Old 31st August 2015, 15:45   #3039
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone looked at Syngene International? Please share your views.
Annual report shows
http://www.syngeneintl.com/Media/Def..._2014-2015.pdf

What does this indicate?
Net cash flow from/ (used in) operating activities: 185 (down from 2995) Million Rs.
Old 2nd September 2015, 07:17   #3040
Senior - BHPian

"Ramblings of an Accidental Investor"
by Luis Miranda

(abstract)
The only galloping prices that people questioned in recent times were the valuations of e-commerce businesses. It is interesting how investor interests drive business models. There was a time when companies added ‘Tech’ to their names and investors chased them. Then they added “Infra” to their names and investors jumped over one another to get a piece of the action. Now they add an e-commerce piece to their business model and investors start talking to them. What a ridiculous situation when (continued)

Read more: http://forbesindia.com/blog/accident...#ixzz3kXdPM0rH
Old 3rd September 2015, 00:40   #3041
BHPian

Hi everybody
Is Tata Motors a good buy for the very long term?
Tata Motors or Tata Motors DVR. Which one?
Motors closing price 324 and DVR 220. This is slightly less than 70%
I am not interested in any voting rights or attending general meetings.
What about the dividend play?
Please respond
Thanks and regards
Old 4th September 2015, 12:59   #3042
BHPian

oh! the BSE sensex has lost close to whopping 5000 points already in 2015 from its all time peak of 30024 touched in Jan 2015.

Am having investment worth a few lacs , but already I am running into a loss of 20% on the aggregate portfolio. A bit scared now and really not any hopes going forward , the way China, Global markets, Our INDIA reforms ( lot of hopes an year back, but unfortunately hardly any execution / hope of execution) , rupee depreciation all are acting UNFAVORABLY for India.

What do you guys suggest ? Exit now by booking the loss or hold on to the portfolio , see more virtual losses and pray that , one day this will go up and portfolio will give good returns.

Even what i feel is, in long run ( 3-5 years) from 2015 start, we will see a negative return only, although the so called cnbc/ other experts are going gaga over very good long term returns. I feel otherwise ...hope I am proved wrong this time.

very difficult to see the crashes coming in huge falls every alternate day.
Old 4th September 2015, 14:05   #3043
Senior - BHPian

Had a horrible experience with SBI Cap securities with their online trading platform. The trading platform was down with technical issue from 9 am in the morning till 1 pm in the afternoon. Even after that when I transferred the amount from savings account to trading account, it did appear to me but not to the back end people coz of which I was not able to place the order. Was intending to buy SBI and Tata Steel. Add to that the incompetent customer care executives who just kept parroting the same lines again and again.

This was the first time that I was suing the SBI Smart trading and it turned out to be an uneventful one. The trading account was there with me for the past year or so (stuffed down my throat by the SBI branch guys) and it did not work when I wanted the most. Murphy's law applied here too.

Mods - If there is a separate thread discussing the trading service providers, kindly move to the relevant.
Old 4th September 2015, 14:31   #3044
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
What do you guys suggest ? Exit now by booking the loss or hold on to the portfolio , see more virtual losses and pray that , one day this will go up and portfolio will give good returns.
Dear Amazing,
I hope you are an 'investor' not 'speculator'. If you are the former, just sit tight. But if you are the latter sell out. Once you sell out just read ' The Intelligent Investor ' by Benjamin Graham twice before re entering stock market. Sometimes in life the only thing you need to do is do 'NOTHING'.
Regards,
The Rationalist.
Old 7th September 2015, 15:41   #3045
J.Ravi

Added more of these blue chips to my portfolio, utilizing the Sensex crash:

ICICI Bank 50 @ 249.04

SBI 50 @ 221.15

Last edited by J.Ravi : 7th September 2015 at 15:46.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks