76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2016, 14:01   #3136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
@audioholic - hope you are still holding on to the shares and enjoying good returns on the same. No idea about how it would fare going forward but at the moment aviation sector seems to be very upbeat. Indigo has been doing very well. Yesterday they launched 24 odd new flights IIRC. Not sure if this is the Indigo effect or jet fuel price or what but Jet Airways has also increased quite a bit in recent times.
Held onto the shares In fact if it holds onto 80-82 I will consider buying another 100 or 200 to catch the next wave. I am expecting it to cross Rs. 100 in the longrun. Will only sell it if the crude prices play havoc or similar. Until then, aviation stocks seem to look promising.
Old 9th January 2016, 12:18   #3137
BHPian

Hi Friends, need one info. I recently opened a 3-in-1 account with ICICIDirect. While opening the account I had to sign a Power of Attorney along with 2 stamp papers, one worth Rs/- 50 and another 100 towards ICICIDirect. I was hesitant to sign it, but knowing that to do online trades I have to provide PoA, I signed it. But I didn't keep a copy of it. May I know if this is the norm while opening an account with ICICIDirect? What are the ways the broker can misuse it? And what are the precautions I can take to avoid it? I searched ICICIDirect for a copy of the PoA form, but couldn't locate it. Do any of you can point me to a URL to download that form?
Old 10th January 2016, 07:35   #3138
BHPian

Hi, don't worry too much about the POA, it is required for all companies I think, not just ICICI direct.

Without your consent they won't place any trades. If you are using online platform only to buy and sell yourself, then it is even better, there is no confusion at all and their involvement is not there. I would suggest you do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi Friends, need one info. I recently opened a 3-in-1 account with ICICIDirect. While opening the account I had to sign a Power of Attorney along with 2 stamp papers, one worth Rs/- 50 and another 100 towards ICICIDirect. I was hesitant to sign it, but knowing that to do online trades I have to provide PoA, I signed it. But I didn't keep a copy of it. May I know if this is the norm while opening an account with ICICIDirect? What are the ways the broker can misuse it? And what are the precautions I can take to avoid it? I searched ICICIDirect for a copy of the PoA form, but couldn't locate it. Do any of you can point me to a URL to download that form?
Old 10th January 2016, 11:05   #3139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
I searched ICICIDirect for a copy of the PoA form, but couldn't locate it. Do any of you can point me to a URL to download that form?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi, don't worry too much about the POA, it is required for all companies I think, not just ICICI direct.
Well, I went straight to
Customer Service > My Account > and,..then under My Profile> My Account Opening form I could see 5 links to docs out of which 4th was the PoA.
Hope this helps (fyi - For me it is scan of 3 pager, & its a 13 year old account)
Old 10th January 2016, 12:21   #3140
BHPian

Everyone is seeing the great fall in market and quite naturally worried. Seeing the macro factors and geo political scenario, it is going to be very volatile and turbulent ahead. To earn consistently in any type of market with least risk,I suggest Nifty option writing,in far month contract. Since,in option writing there is possibility of unlimited risk,hedge it with current month buy contract of the same strike price. Try this out and make money ! First practice in NSE Patshala, with virtual money. You can trade in real time market. Its free to register. After practice,open online trading account with any discount brokerage and trade with real money. Good luck !
Old 11th January 2016, 15:55   #3141
J.Ravi

Bought 50 OIL @ 379 today; ordered in the morning that got executed in the afternoon.

Old 12th January 2016, 14:23   #3142
BHPian

Hi,

Nice interview of Bharat Shah

http://www.outlookbusiness.com/marke...ing-value-2186

"So, the intellect to understand businesses, the skill to value it, the discipline to purchase at a meaningful price and the wisdom to stay on course are the critical aspects of investing."
VindyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 15:27   #3143
J.Ravi

Bought 100 Karnataka Bank @ 108.

Old 12th January 2016, 15:37   #3144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Nice interview of Bharat Shah

http://www.outlookbusiness.com/marke...ing-value-2186

"So, the intellect to understand businesses, the skill to value it, the discipline to purchase at a meaningful price and the wisdom to stay on course are the critical aspects of investing."
That was nice.
I also liked this one:
"Overall, 2016 will be a year to be conservative and risk-averse. The time for bravery will come and to take the advantage of that, for now, we have to remain solvent. "
Old 12th January 2016, 17:00   #3145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Bought 50 OIL @ 379 today; ordered in the morning that got executed in the afternoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Bought 100 Karnataka Bank @ 108.
J.Ravi,

Wanted to know what does your study says about these companies? Please brief us with your understanding and long term outlook of these companies so that we can benefit.
Old 12th January 2016, 17:36   #3146
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Wanted to know what does your study says about these companies?
Long-term outlook of these two companies is good with good capital growth. Both have excellent dividend history. One is a government enterprise, while the other is a well-adminsitered private sector bank. The present dividend yield of OIL is 5.34% and that of Karnataka Bank is 4.62%, according to Money Control. They are less volatile, thereby reducing the risk. So, whenever there is a dip in the market, I buy these shares purely for long-term investment. Even if the maket does not recover, I can enjoy the regular tax-free good dividend!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 12th January 2016 at 17:55.

Old 13th January 2016, 11:55   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, isn't it better to invest in companies which use commodities to make products that are in demand?

See how Mold-tek packaging went up from 170 to 320 in a short time as profits soared. Cupid Ltd is another small cap gem which is riding low latex cost like the tire companies. There should be many more.

Now Torrent power is benefiting from low gas prices.

Disclosure - I own Torrent power and Cupid (bought recently at 170 and 270 respectively)
I have been tracking Cupid after reading your post. Its down 9% today. What do you think ? Is it time to enter. Or Have I missed the bus?
Old 13th January 2016, 12:52   #3148
BHPian

Hi, not sure...everything small is cracking today.

Cupid, I had bought at 270 and would not buy at current price as margin of safety is less as per me. If it corrects to 300, would be quite interesting. Have a look at Pharma stocks like Jubilant Lifescience and Neuland Labs. Take solutions also look good after the corrections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I have been tracking Cupid after reading your post. Its down 9% today. What do you think ? Is it time to enter. Or Have I missed the bus?
Old 13th January 2016, 18:12   #3149
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post
Well, I went straight to
Customer Service > My Account > and,..then under My Profile> My Account Opening form I could see 5 links to docs out of which 4th was the PoA.
Hope this helps (fyi - For me it is scan of 3 pager, & its a 13 year old account)
Thanks guys, I am yet to get the online access. Will check it once I get the access.
Old 13th January 2016, 18:31   #3150
BHPian

Not very sure if there is another thread about this, quick search didn't point to any.

Would like to seek suggestions upon which demat/trading account to go for.
How does the low cost ones like Zerodha work out?

Most Viewed