26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 549 44.74%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.38%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1227. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2017, 21:19   #3586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

OK. I was poking around on the icicidirect website and my onlinesbi savings bank account and I found that I could link my demat account from icici to onlinesbi. So It now gives an option to apply for IPOs from onlinesbi.

Is this correct?

Is there any advantage to apply for the same IPO from both icicidirect and onlinesbi ? Will the chances of allocation be higher in this way?
Old 5th May 2017, 22:14   #3587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Is there any advantage to apply for the same IPO from both icicidirect and onlinesbi ? Will the chances of allocation be higher in this way?
I assume that since both accounts belong to you, they must be having the same PAN number. In that case all your IPO applications would be rejected. So do not apply for more than one application.

Basically the Registrar makes sure that there is only a single application per PAN, if there are more then all applications would be rejected.
Old 7th May 2017, 22:23   #3588
BHPian

For people who did not watch the live coverage of Berkshire Hathway AGM, here is the live blog by Wall Street Journal. Makes for an interesting reading.

Link
Old 8th May 2017, 13:50   #3589
J.Ravi

Applied for 1,000 shares of HUDCO IPO through Axis Bank ASBA under RII category; keeping my fingers crossed until 18 May 2017.

Old 9th May 2017, 10:00   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Applied for 1,000 shares of HUDCO IPO through Axis Bank ASBA under RII category; keeping my fingers crossed until 18 May 2017.
Hi Ravi, Generally it is better to apply just for one lot. In case of HUDCO, it is already oversubscribed(http://www.chittorgarh.com/ipo/hudco-ipo/645/), so if you get 200 shares you should consider yourself lucky.
Old 9th May 2017, 11:12   #3591
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
Generally it is better to apply just for one lot.
Nothing to lose. The amount is only blocked in my account until the date of allotment. Yeah, I will be happy to get atleast 200 shares allotted, if I am lucky! Of course, my children have also applied separately through their bank accounts.

Old 9th May 2017, 11:18   #3592
BHPian

Hi bhpians ! I'm a beginner in the stock market arena and would like to know which major bank provides the best trading platform, in terms of cost as well as convenience . I've heard that only some of them run in the Apple ecosystem and I use only Apple products.
I require all the help I can get. Please do share your experiences.
Thank you.😊
Old 9th May 2017, 11:47   #3593
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
Hi bhpians ! I'm a beginner in the stock market arena and would like to know which major bank provides the best trading platform, in terms of cost as well as convenience .
Which bank do you have your salary account with? Check with them, depending on your account status (preferred?), you might get some benefits.

Quote:
I've heard that only some of them run in the Apple ecosystem and I use only Apple products.

What, what?! Who told you this?

I use HDFC Sec and do my transactions on both MacOS and Windows. A colleague uses ICICI Direct on Windows.
Old 9th May 2017, 12:13   #3594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi bhpians ! I'm a beginner in the stock market arena and would like to know which major bank provides the best trading platform, in terms of cost as well as convenience . I've heard that only some of them run in the Apple ecosystem and I use only Apple products.
I require all the help I can get. Please do share your experiences.
Thank you.��
My salary account is with HDFC and I also registered for a Demat account with them. I was initially told that there were some freebies if I opened a Demat account with the CASA Account. But I did not do it then, and later contacted them for the same. Since I was not sure of the initial offer, I just settled for one of their schemes and paid IIRC 2k for the opening and maintenance. I was told that until a turnover of 15L every year, there is no brokerage levied and beyond that there would be some amount. However, I havent drilled deep into the fine print. Since my current turnover has not crossed that limit, they are not charging any brokerage so far. Only STT and other charges are levied.

Coming to the access part, I use HDFC securities on my Iphone and its built pretty well. Though user interface takes time to get used to, it is very straight forward and quick. I do day to day trading activities there since the link between that account and my bank account is seamless and doesnt require you to move cash to the trading account to trade.

EDIT: Looks like S Chand IPO didnt follow the trend and listed at a damp 1.8% premium compared to D Mart and Shankara. Had applied but didn't get any shares allotted. Not sad though

Last edited by audioholic : 9th May 2017 at 12:25.
Old 9th May 2017, 16:17   #3595
BHPian

Anyone invested in Lupin ?
The stock has been steadily going down to touch a new 52W low every week
What are the recommendations ? Sail against the wind and hold or exit ?
Old 9th May 2017, 18:49   #3596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Anyone invested in Lupin ?
The stock has been steadily going down to touch a new 52W low every week
What are the recommendations ? Sail against the wind and hold or exit ?
You will find a lot of Pharma & IT stocks near their 2 week low. Both sectors are under pressure since some time.

We already know IT is under pressure from all around and I come across news of lay offs in major IT firms almost every week now.

Pharma on the other hand are struggling with the new FDA norms.

Personally, as compared to IT, Pharma does look like having a better future right now. There are many good stocks at quite low valuations. Divis Lab is another example I can quote.
But remember, if & when the market will correct, these same stocks can be had at even lower levels. So it is best to allocate only a part of what you want to invest right now and the use the remaining to buy in case they do come down in correction.
Old 10th May 2017, 11:03   #3597
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,
I invested in Deccan Chronicle Holdings and it was not trading on exchanges for quite a while. Now, from May 12, it will be delisted from the exchanges.
Please suggest if there is some way to salvage some amount of my investment?
Old 10th May 2017, 15:28   #3598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Hi Bhpians,
I invested in Deccan Chronicle Holdings and it was not trading on exchanges for quite a while. Now, from May 12, it will be delisted from the exchanges.
Please suggest if there is some way to salvage some amount of my investment?
Only way is to decide on a rock bottom price which you want to recover and place the order on the exchange for the remaining 3 days, and pray that someone will come and buy.

Since you mentioned it is not trading since quite some time, chances are you will not get any buyer for it. In that case the only option left for you is, after it gets delisted, to tender shares to the company. I have no idea what the procedure is to do this, but I am sure it is not worth the effort put in.
I myself have a penny stock de-listed since 10 years now. I have not explored this option further.
Old 10th May 2017, 16:52   #3599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi bhpians ! I'm a beginner in the stock market arena and would like to know which major bank provides the best trading platform, in terms of cost as well as convenience...
There is no reason why you should "bank" on demat from any banks. Sharekhan & Zerodha are good independent platforms which are credible and cost effective.

Your account (whichever bank it is), can be linked to these accounts and the money transfer (to & fro) is decently fast (since I have a Zerodha account). ICICI is another demat I have, but it's expensive that I stopped trading on it completely.
Old 10th May 2017, 23:15   #3600
Team-BHP Support

Ferrari Vs Tesla

Do you play the stock market-teslavsferrari-1.png

Most Viewed