76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2017, 12:11   #3676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

Now I feel jealous of you I started tracking Maruti few months back when it was at 4500 odd levels and (in my own limited wisdom) somehow it felt expensive. Well it went to 5000+ levels and then it felt expensive. It still went to 6000+ levels and then it definitely felt expensive. Well, it still went above 7000 level! It is one heck of a run. Missed it.
Tell me about it. But I did enter when it was in 3600 levels. However, I invested less since I didn't have spare cash at that time. From then it has been a joy ride. However recently I have been booking profit in Maruti since every time it reaches new highs, it falls by a hundred or two or more. Hence I have seized this opportunity and re enter at lower levels, thus making a decent 2k or so within a short span of time.

That said, my grany had invested in Maruti when it was in a few hundred rupeea a decade back. Imagine her returns So are my parents. They have entered Maruti quite long back.

Now I am on the lookout for some good ones to invest for the long run. Not getting consistent feedback about any. Hence investing in fractions of multiple companies.
Old 13th June 2017, 11:48   #3677

Guys any view on this micro cap stock called "PINCON SPIRIT". Thinking of investing in this one. any views/outlook will be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 13th June 2017, 14:46   #3678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshitizag View Post
Guys any view on this micro cap stock called "PINCON SPIRIT". Thinking of investing in this one. any views/outlook will be helpful.

Thanks.
Just some advice about investing in Micro Caps: They are very risky and you can end up losing most if not all your money.

So its advisable to only invest a sum you are willing to lose completely unless you know the company or promoters really well.
Old 13th June 2017, 15:09   #3679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Not sure what your motivation would be (is it trading and hoping to make some quick bucks or investing for long as you think they could be a multi-baggar?)

If you are thinking of investing, well, beware of the red flags. They have very high debt (DE >2). Interesting thing to note is that they have negative revenues from operations for last three years. So to meet the working capital requirements they are taking loans (you can see borrowings increasing every year). This means as a business they do not make enough money to run the business and are taking more and more loans. This is a serious debt trap! This is what consumed the likes of RCOM, Unitech, Suzlon etc and destroyed humongous amounts of shareholders wealth.

Personally I'd avoid.
Old 13th June 2017, 15:57   #3680
Senior - BHPian

What is happening with Wipro? It was trading in the mid-500s last week, and today boom it is at around 260-265 range... And weirdly, stock analysis shows a 52 week high of 288. Something really odd here, and this is pulling my portfolio down by a huge margin.
Old 13th June 2017, 16:04   #3681
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys any view on this micro cap stock called "PINCON SPIRIT". Thinking of investing in this one. any views/outlook will be helpful. Thanks.
As many have pointed out, Pincon is a risky investment best, mostly because of its high debt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
What is happening with Wipro? It was trading in the mid-500s last week, and today boom it is at around 260-265 range... And weirdly, stock analysis shows a 52 week high of 288. Something really odd here, and this is pulling my portfolio down by a huge margin.
1:1 bonus. The number of shares you hold will double. The bonus shares will be credited to your demat account soon.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/59120699.cms
Old 13th June 2017, 16:06   #3682
BHPian

Wipro has gone ex bonus today (1:1). So, number of shares you hold has doubled and price of each share has accordingly halved. In your portfolio manager, you can add a buy transaction for same number of shares as you hold with zero cost.
Old 13th June 2017, 22:53   #3683

Thanks a lot for your insights was really helpful.
Old 14th June 2017, 08:04   #3684
BHPian

Anyone opting for the Tejas IPO?
Old 14th June 2017, 09:10   #3685
BHPian

I am thinking about subscribing to Tejas, I suppose the prospect for optical fiber network products should be bright given the low penetration of such type of network and the push for digital India. However, they are dependent on a few customers out of which telcos like Airtel are looking at huge debt burdens. Tejas current PE which is close to 30 is also pretty high.
Old 14th June 2017, 12:00   #3686
BHPian

5 IPO's coming this month.
Tejas Networks
Eris Lifesciences
CDSL
AU Financers
GTPL Hathway
Old 14th June 2017, 13:47   #3687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
1:1 bonus. The number of shares you hold will double. The bonus shares will be credited to your demat account soon.
I didn't know that the stock's price is reduced after a company issues bonus. I thought that happens only when the stock is split.

Does the price reduction happen after bonus issue too?

-Bhargav
Old 14th June 2017, 14:17   #3688
BHPian

Yes. It will become half in case of 1:1 bonus. Basically market share capital will remain same but number of shares will double.
Old 14th June 2017, 17:30   #3689
BHPian

i had invested in Madras Aluminium , it is listed as NT .I have around 10k invested , how do i recover the monies since i am unable to sell.
Old 14th June 2017, 18:41   #3690
Mtv
BHPian

What kind of impact can the implementation of GST on July 1st have on the market?

Considering that most stocks are trading at their peak in these past few days, can we expect a correction?

My associates recommend booking profit now and re-entering post 1st July if and when stock prices come down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks