0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 396 32.25%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:57   #226
Senior - BHPian

I see 15000 as the support - if that is broken - i cannot imagine.

the circuit kicks in at 2400 points down

Last edited by normally_crazy : 22nd January 2008 at 11:58.
Old 22nd January 2008, 11:57   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Conspiracy Theory - anyone ? And from what I heard from an insider friend of mine, it sure seems like one.
Spot on Gautam. Its actually a tale of two siblings isn't it - one of whom will not let the other get the tag of the world's "richest" man post a particular recent IPO...............
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:10   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Spot on Gautam. Its actually a tale of two siblings isn't it - one of whom will not let the other get the tag of the world's "richest" man post a particular recent IPO...............
How can one company influence the share values of all companies?
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:12   #229
BHPian

The spine of every current and prospective investor is being shattered right now.

I shudder to think what impact all this will have on the Dow and Nasdaq when they open tomorrow morning!
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:26   #230
Senior - BHPian

If this is a conspiracy, and the big fight between 2 brothers, the big brother has the influence (and money) to make the sensex keep falling down and laughing all the way. Once the IPO is listed (of course lesser premium than what the younger brother is expecting), then this will go back to its normal levels. Well, this is my theory.
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:32   #231
BHPian

I fail to understand the euphoria of our dear members for the "so called fight between two brothers". Come on men, wake up and smell coffee!

This is some real churning business, not some courtyard play!
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:34   #232
BHPian

Info : Circuit Breakers

{This is a direct take off from NSE website for Team-BHP members' knowledge.}

Index-based Market-wide Circuit Breakers

The index-based market-wide circuit breaker system applies at 3 stages of the index movement, either way viz. at 10%, 15% and 20%. These circuit breakers when triggered, bring about a coordinated trading halt in all equity and equity derivative markets nationwide. The market-wide circuit breakers are triggered by movement of either the BSE Sensex or the NSE S&P CNX Nifty, whichever is breached earlier.
  • In case of a 10% movement of either of these indices, there would be a one-hour market halt if the movement takes place before 1:00 p.m. In case the movement takes place at or after 1:00 p.m. but before 2:30 p.m. there would be trading halt for ½ hour. In case movement takes place at or after 2:30 p.m. there will be no trading halt at the 10% level and market shall continue trading.
  • In case of a 15% movement of either index, there shall be a two-hour halt if the movement takes place before 1 p.m. If the 15% trigger is reached on or after 1:00p.m. but before 2:00 p.m., there shall be a one-hour halt. If the 15% trigger is reached on or after 2:00 p.m. the trading shall halt for remainder of the day.
  • In case of a 20% movement of the index, trading shall be halted for the remainder of the day.
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:39   #233
BHPian

Thanks Buddy; Looks like I knew just the half of it. But think what could possibly happen next time.

Besides that, the people I spoke to, said that it is mainly because of future margins sinking and shares going into open interest due to investors' inability to keep the futures positions alive. Since nobody is buying it, they are sinking and sinking further.

If someone knows what is going in Futures segment, please enlighten the poor souls.

PS : I play cash, never been in futures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
FII short selling is going to be allowed from Feb 1, 2008. so as of now they can not do it.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:23   #234
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to HALAL STREET

Welcome to the world of Reliance Industries !!

The Market's just out of control.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:31   #235
Team-BHP Support

I don't think reliance industries can make such a mayhem
FIIs are pulling out of market strongly, booking profits wherever they can.
The good news may be the market has seen the bottom, and it will be period of caution for around 2-3 months.
After than everybody will forget it all, and again you will have sensex soaring 22000.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:32   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I don't think reliance industries can make such a mayhem
Tanveer, trust me, he (as in the elder brother) can. Let the Power IPO come in & get out of the way & then you'll see the markets rising again
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:39   #237
Senior - BHPian

I doubt whether Big A will waste money on just bringing his bro down a couple of notches. They are both in the business of making money, not squandering it for petty gains.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:40   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Tanveer, trust me, he (as in the elder brother) can. Let the Power IPO come in & get out of the way & then you'll see the markets rising again
If the Power IPO comes and goes, and the markets are back at 22k, wont Anil's wealth again soar with the share price of R Power? Do you think he will sell his stake in these 2 months?

PS: Power On. Markets Off.
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:43   #239
BHPian

It has started recovering!
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:44   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I doubt whether Big A will waste money on just bringing his bro down a couple of notches. They are both in the business of making money, not squandering it for petty gains.
Seems like you've forgotten the family war which had to be mediated by the mother - that wasn't too long ago. Its not about wasting money - its all about Ego & Power (no pun on the IPO lol); and to the Big A, this kind of money is peanuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
If the Power IPO comes and goes, and the markets are back at 22k, wont Anil's wealth again soar with the share price of R Power? Do you think he will sell his stake in these 2 months?
Its not about Anil selling his stake! Haven't you read Anil bragging about how it would open at Rs 1,000? Well, with the market having crashed, it won't & who knows if it will open below the price band at which the public have invested?

Last edited by suman : 22nd January 2008 at 14:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks