51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.38%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1227. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 18:13   #481
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
All the mathematical models points to this for me.

Mind explaining the methodology!!! 10,000 is where the sensex was a long, long, time back. I am not saying that a 50% roll back is not possible; just, asking you to share your methodology with us.
Old 14th February 2008, 22:25   #482
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
I believe I am already reaching my target of 10000 on Sensex this year. Original Target was for next year. Keeping most of the funds in cash for the right oppurtunity. All the mathematical models points to this for me.
Hmm...so are you saying sensex is headed towards 10000 this year? Thats an interesting and contrasting observation to all the experts who say that sensex will hit 22k sometime this year.

Will like you to elaborate further, unless you prefer not to share your analysis.
Old 14th February 2008, 22:30   #483
BHPian

I would be all ears for lambuhere to share his mathematical models.
Old 17th February 2008, 16:41   #484
Senior - BHPian

Rel Power announced a bonus???
Old 17th February 2008, 16:56   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Rel Power announced a bonus???
Yes its true. Just saw a newsflash. This is issued to all the investors and promotors will not get any shares. Hope I had some shares when the markets were down.

Guys, if I buy some shares t'morrow, will I be eligible for bonus shares?
Old 17th February 2008, 17:02   #486
Senior - BHPian

So basically Rel Power is reducing the price of their share (IPO) ?
Old 17th February 2008, 20:55   #487
BANNED

What the givl??? I first thought this a joke. But see -

DNA - Money - Anil Ambani group calls foul: demand SEBI probe in IPO blues - Daily News & Analysis
Reliance Power plans bonus share issue

There is another company which issued bonus shares just after an IPO - I think it was Havell's - but I am not sure of the circumstances. Will somebody who knows history of Havell's please throw some light on that?

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 17th February 2008 at 20:56.
Old 18th February 2008, 12:15   #488
BHPian

The Reliance Power Dilemma

Hi Guys,

I bought 140 shares of Relaince Power at 358. Now after this announcement of bonus share the price is hovering at 415-417 mark.

Should I book profits at this stage or should I wait for the bonus share?

Will the bonus share be applicable to all ivestors or only for those who got the shares in IPO?

\N
Old 18th February 2008, 12:25   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Hi Guys,

I bought 140 shares of Relaince Power at 358. Now after this announcement of bonus share the price is hovering at 415-417 mark.

Should I book profits at this stage or should I wait for the bonus share?

Will the bonus share be applicable to all ivestors or only for those who got the shares in IPO?

\N
Hi ntomer,

Logic dictates that ADAG offer bonus shares to IPO subscribers only. But there is no clarity on it thus far.

I would suggest you sell off 50% of the shares and hope that ADAG gives a bonus to all with a cut-off date on the purchase. That would the best case scenario for you.

And you can always buy more on further dips.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:08   #490
BHPian

I am sorry to jump the gun but can we open a thread just for reliace shares, be it ADAG or MAG. There is absolutely no other discussion since stock markets have started plummeting and everyone is mentioning this one family all over the posts.

There is life beyond Reliance and it's high time to do so. For that matter, Jindal, Sterlite & Tata groups have also been rising and falling. But not as much as Reliance. But since we are so obsessed with it, we don't even want to look towards it.

Also there are some really good IPOs coming out like Rural Electrification Board (I haven't read about that much but this is a Gov. Enterprise. Again, don't invest without reading prospectus and being satisfied. Find out the Crisil rating as well).

There is also OIL coming out with an IPO around 10th March and that one is a gem of an IPO. Around 190 rs, you can't get an oil company like that (again a gov. enterprise, run by IOC & another like ONGC / Gail). Go figure.
Old 18th February 2008, 13:11   #491
BHPian

Hi...they say bonus would only be applicable to IPO allotees & not the people who bought it over from the secondary market. They say that it would be something like 1 share for every 3 held.

I have a question: What happens to the share value post bonus issuance??? if it goes down, then the ones picked up from the secondary market too would go down. How does the ones who picked up later get protected??? OR do we book profits now?
Old 18th February 2008, 14:26   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Hi...they say bonus would only be applicable to IPO allotees & not the people who bought it over from the secondary market. They say that it would be something like 1 share for every 3 held.

I have a question: What happens to the share value post bonus issuance??? if it goes down, then the ones picked up from the secondary market too would go down. How does the ones who picked up later get protected??? OR do we book profits now?

Book Profits and Come out. After bonus, the market price is bound to come down because of more supply.
Old 18th February 2008, 15:56   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post

The answer to your question is here and here
Old 18th February 2008, 17:03   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
The answer to your question is here and here

Acc. to above link in bold

Quote:
Q: What happens to people who sold off immediately after listing, how are they addressed in this move? What is your assessment of how many people or how many shares actually got switched out? Will these people benefit from this move at all?

A: This morning, I don’t expect anyone to come and sell shares. I am presuming that an existing shareholder, those who got allotment or probably purchased shares maybe last week at Rs 360-370, may probably exit out at Rs 410-420. I am referring specifically here to the original allottees. Those who have already sold last week will not stand to gain anything, because there are no provisions in respect to retrospective book closure. February 24 should be the record date. At the earliest, in 23-24 days they should be calling an extraordinarily general meeting once they pass the resolution. After 14 days they should announce the book closure or record date. All these events may not happen on or before March 31. At the earliest, the book closure or record date would be anywhere close to April 1 or thereafter.

Only those shareholders, who are members of the company on the record date, would be entitled for bonus shares. Those who have sold their shares will not stand to gain.
Does that mean those who will have their share on 24thFeb will be alloted extra shares?
So should someone like me, who wants to hold on for about 4-5yrs,buy few shares now so that i stand to gain a lot in future?

Also I am planing to invest about 25-40K in MF so plz recommend some good ELSS plan.This will be the 1st time i am investing in any MF.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 18th February 2008 at 17:14.
Old 18th February 2008, 17:13   #495
BHPian

Frankly, I was also a bit confused reading that para.

What I feel is that the original allotees who have not sold their shares and whose names are on the company record as on 24th February stand to benefit from the bonus issue.

I hope the picture would be clear in a day or two.

Most Viewed