0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 396 32.25%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 12:25   #586
Senior - BHPian

What I heard just now is since ICICI has reached 900 levels its good opportunity to buy now, target price they say more than 1300 in near term.

Good picks for investments suzlon, gmr infra, ranbaxy, few auto shares. Lot of shares are cheap now reached good levels as per their valuation. now market is showing actual values i mean this is how it should be because it had gone up too much last year.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 7th March 2008, 14:45   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
What I heard just now is since ICICI has reached 900 levels its good opportunity to buy now, target price they say more than 1300 in near term.

Good picks for investments suzlon, gmr infra, ranbaxy, few auto shares. Lot of shares are cheap now reached good levels as per their valuation. now market is showing actual values i mean this is how it should be because it had gone up too much last year.
I would advice against trying to catch a falling knife. I have cut my hands very badly while doing that. The market is searching for a bottom and nobody knows where it is.

If you already have these scrips, stay invested, otherwise stay far. Just my two cents.

\N
Old 7th March 2008, 15:12   #588
Senior - BHPian

If you are really a long term investor (i repeat long term - > 2 yrs) then this would be the time to organise your portfolio. Again. dont dump all money at one stretch, keep SIPing for a while on stocks. because, as you know, no one know where the market bottom is.....
Old 7th March 2008, 15:20   #589
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible ICICI to reach 800 or even lower ?
Old 7th March 2008, 16:03   #590
BHPian

We do not know the bottoms yet...hence, we do not know what ICICIs bottoms are too!!
Old 7th March 2008, 16:28   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I would advice against trying to catch a falling knife. I have cut my hands very badly while doing that. The market is searching for a bottom and nobody knows where it is.

If you already have these scrips, stay invested, otherwise stay far. Just my two cents.

\N
. I'am already bleeding after buying most of these stocks in jan-08's fall. Never mind. I will stay invested. How much longer I do not know . But I have to get back all the money I have invested in these firms.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:50   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
.....But I have to get back all the money I have invested in these firms.
That is a modest target you have set for yourself!
At the moment, seems like nobody has a clue on what to expect!
Old 7th March 2008, 17:30   #593
BHPian

Please do not get into the market at this stage. Its a blood bath happening there. Wait for some signs of stability.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:36   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Please do not get into the market at this stage. Its a blood bath happening there. Wait for some signs of stability.
If you have set aside 100 Rs for investing in stocks, I would suggest put 25 to 30 % of it in market now.

If the market falls further, put another 20-25 % and average out your investment.

And if the market shows signs of stabilizing, you can always take a call on investing the full amount that is balance with you.

The key is stay invested for long and not putting all your eggs in one basket.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:39   #595
Senior - BHPian

This is not the right time to invest. Just wait and watch!!

What hurts me is the fact that we get a flu if United States sneezes. All the valuations go for a toss. We have a long way to go until we have strength to be resilient to external forces.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:50   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
This is not the right time to invest. Just wait and watch!!

What hurts me is the fact that we get a flu if United States sneezes. All the valuations go for a toss. We have a long way to go until we have strength to be resilient to external forces.
Well, actually the US is already having a flu. So we should be in ICU now And yes, "patience wins"!

Last edited by appuchan : 7th March 2008 at 17:51.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:52   #597
Senior - BHPian

BUY -- Buy stocks that are strong in its fundamentals & also show volumes in trade. As no one knows bottom of market, so instead of timing the market it's better to keep buying stocks in SIP format i.e. keep buying in small quantities.
Old 7th March 2008, 18:00   #598
BHPian

You would never know the bottom and peak of share market so best is wait for a big fall as it is happening now,invest in 3-4 different shares of different sectors and forget it for atleast a year.Then depending upon whether you need money or not this period can be extended to next 3-4 yrs when it will again fall.

BTW for long term players this is pro'ly the best time to invest.Prices of few stocks are really good,almost 50% of their peak.Market may take few months to stabilize and then you will see upward tend.

And not a bad time to invest in MFs too as these are around 20% less than their peak in Jan08.
Old 7th March 2008, 19:49   #599
BANNED

This is the time when the market will differentiate between the men and boys.

It is those make profits in a falling market (no, not by being a bear or making short sales) who are the real investors.
Old 7th March 2008, 20:18   #600
Senior - BHPian

Rumors of an up coming Black Monday were in the offing in the market today. Be cautious.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks