Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2005, 09:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Hey Guys,
I have a doubt!!

Say we are importing a second hand ride.. How will they calculate the import duties?!! Is it based on the price we paid to get that there??
No dude the customs does not give a damn abt what price u have paid. They have a book according to which they get the yr of manufacture of the vehicle from the chassis no and then they give u depreciation on the value of the price of the bike when it was new per quarter. After the depreciated value is reached the duty is calculated on that.
Old 25th February 2005, 09:42   #17
BHPian

Why i asked this was because my brother-in-law in Ireland bought a car from a a professor at his university as they professor was leaving to Korea.. And guess what he paid for the blue black, 95 model, Toyota carina?!! 100 euros.. I was like no way, u would have missed some zeros.. It is a steal!! Man, so I was just wondering, no matter how many hundreds of % of import duties we have to pay, its not going to be big... hehheeee.. how stupid of me!!!

_Thanks for the clarification_
Old 25th February 2005, 15:50   #18
ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by S600BENZ
No dude the customs does not give a damn abt what price u have paid. They have a book according to which they get the yr of manufacture of the vehicle from the chassis no and then they give u depreciation on the value of the price of the bike when it was new per quarter. After the depreciated value is reached the duty is calculated on that.
The only good thing about this book is that I dont think it has any provisions for tuned/modded bikes... so if you are importing a bike which has had a lot of engine work, aftermarket pipes, etc done on it, you might be able to take advantange of the official's ignorance.
Old 13th February 2009, 19:16   #19
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th February 2009 at 11:29.
owaiskm is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th February 2009, 19:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Brother, you just opened a 4 year old thread!
Old 13th February 2009, 22:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by owaiskm View Post
Dude does ur friend deal in second hand SBK's ? If yes let me know then......
Please check classifieds section dude and you had to wake up a thread that was so old??? Did you see the models of the bikes there??

What kinda ride are you looking at? at what kinda price?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks