Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2008, 18:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Sam, nice one, just curious; how do ou collect it,if its a she/he

sfilinto, get a dress for your dog from B&T. Shorts should do.
Old 15th June 2008, 20:02   #17
BHPian

I dont get it, is dog pee harmful for the tyre? Cant we wash it off with normal water?
Old 15th June 2008, 20:39   #18
Team-BHP Support

Sam

Does DieEine appreciate "hundjus" being kept in the fridge. I remember some folks who had big problems with their fiats rims and hub caps due to their alsation

Last edited by ajmat : 15th June 2008 at 20:40.
Old 15th June 2008, 20:57   #19
BHPian

Dogs are basically territorial animals, and they pee to mark their territory. Street smart mongrels prefer cars mark their domain all over town while they have a nice time dong whatever they do.
Old 15th June 2008, 21:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

You are the limit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Dog pee is actually great moisturizer for tyres.
@Swift: you are bigger limit > than Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift8847 View Post
Hey! No offense. But are you serious about this?

Last edited by gd1418 : 15th June 2008 at 21:42.
Old 15th June 2008, 21:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I collect dog pee in 500ml bisleri bottles and spray it on my tyres at my convenience. In the fridge the stuff can last about a week without expiring.

I guess we got to be really careful in case we decide to raze Sam's refrigerator someday.

by the way...how do u collect dog pee...would be an interesting event to witness

Regards,
amohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2008, 21:54   #22
Senior - BHPian

Sam, this surely is hilarious. I will not comment on what you have said.

As for the idea, you can wash the car tyres on daily. It will not take more of your time.
Old 15th June 2008, 22:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Many fences in the West are electrified. An animal, cow, horse, touching the fence can get a jolt. It teaches them to stay away from the fence line. Pee is salt water, a great conductor. I have seen several dogs cock their leg on a fence post and get the shock of their lives in a place on their bodies only a man could fully appreciate.

So, my solution? Electrify your alloys. You will know if you are successful. The dog will make an unmistakable noise.
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2008, 22:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
by the way...how do u collect dog pee...would be an interesting event to witness
I think he goes to veternary shop and gets it.
Old 15th June 2008, 23:03   #25
BHPian

We used to have a dog till a couple of years ago. My dad would walk it in the mornings , I would do the same in the evenings.

I ensured that the dog wouldnt pee on any of the cars tyres along the way but it had to lift its leg at something - so I would let it use a tree most of the time. But occasionally while walking next to a car...it would spontaneously do its stuff even before I could take notice.

And one day, when my dad was walking the dog, he met a friend and started talking - poor dog was very much in a hurry so it did its stuff on the tyre of the nearest vehicle - a bashed up truck- lorry - parked near the shoulder of the road.

The cleaner told the driver what happened and the driver came down to have a chat with my dad , it seems.

The driver said - " Saar... Saar ..." in an increasing pitch and my dad noticed what had happened and said sorry and started going his way ... but the driver said - " saar ..saar pls come here saar".

My dad thought the guy was angry and told him he didn't know that the dog had pissed there and he ensures it doesn't do that on tyres...but the fella insisted and asked my dad to bring the dog near the truck . My dad was shocked at what followed -

He said .. I have been on the road for 15 years now and every morning one or the other dog has come and peed on the tyre..invariably....till today ...I was about to leave without the customary pee on my tyre till your dog pissed ...so please...dont worry ...let him pee all he wants ...

Last edited by Samurai : 16th June 2008 at 00:11. Reason: Please read our forum rules, don't overdo smileys
Old 15th June 2008, 23:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
I think he goes to veternary shop and gets it.
I think he milks them by hand. Easier than cows, only one udder.
DirtyDan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2008, 23:19   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

(I hate to be serious here, and it's pretty difficult... but:

Will who-ever has tried pourinf diesel on their tires to discourage dogs, cats or humas from pissing on them please get out there right now with a bucket of detergent and scrub it off!

It's oil! Just what you don't want anywhere near a tire!.

Right, sorry about that. Now I'm off to raid Sam's fridge!)
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2008, 23:46   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Dog pee is actually great moisturizer for tyres. In hot seasons rubber tends to get dry and hard, leading to cracks and damages.
Dog pee keeps the rubber supple and flexible. Also keeps insects and other creatures away.
It also keeps away annoying rats from gnawing on your tyres.

When I go out of town, I drain the tank, disconnect the battery and make sure that all 4 tyres are nicely covered with this wonderful liquid.
Unfortunately we have no dogs in our apartment complex so I collect dog pee in 500ml bisleri bottles and spray it on my tyres at my convenience. In the fridge the stuff can last about a week without expiring.

This is one reason why my Goodyear F1's are still soft and nice after 5 years of usage, much to iRaghava's surprise.

Don't we love sundays?? So much time at our hands....

You must be kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
Chilli Powder . Buddy what are you trying to do? Anyways unless the dog decides to lick the chilly powder / you manage to target the ahem.... critical area with the same it might not be effective . Be careful not to enrage the dog..

There is stuff much worse than dog pee on our streets..
The dogs always smell the area before peeing. idea was to discourage then when they get the smell the chilli powder.
actually this has had some effect, but it lasts for only about a day until i throw some more chilli powder in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkonfig View Post
I dont get it, is dog pee harmful for the tyre? Cant we wash it off with normal water?
It causes your rims to rust much faster.

Last edited by Zappo : 16th June 2008 at 01:07. Reason: What is this? Please do not make so many back to back posts. Use the multiquote button to respond to everyone in one go.
Old 16th June 2008, 00:07   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Even though doggy peepee has its benefits, one should respect the fact that there might be people who don't love it. If a solution must be found I think chili powder is a great idea!
Take some and rub it in your eyes and on your private parts.

No, it will not prevent the dog from peeing on your tyres, but I suspect you will have been successfully diverted by then and will care a lot less about the phenomenon.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 16th June 2008 at 00:09.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2008, 00:55   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even though doggy peepee has its benefits, one should respect the fact that there might be people who don't love it. If a solution must be found I think chili powder is a great idea!
Take some and rub it in your eyes and on your private parts.

No, it will not prevent the dog from peeing on your tyres, but I suspect you will have been successfully diverted by then and will care a lot less about the phenomenon.
Finally you made sense!

Only way out is to wash and dry the rims (if they are steel) on a daily basis, alloys will not corrode so weekly wash in aok. Another point for alloys and sam

Most Viewed