Team-BHP - HONDA CITY-Got fed up?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   HONDA CITY-Got fed up? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/4137-honda-city-got-fed-up.html)

Iam getting tired in my hunt for Honda City. I spent nearly a month time to analyze what is happening in the used car market. Luckily I did not strike any deal during this learning process.

It was quite 4-5 months before I started to hunt for the car. I came across a few fantastic deals that has come from Honda Authorized sales showroom & direct owners. But those deals were either grabbed from my hands by offering better prices or it was sold to their know persons ( they would have did this before letting out in market. Just to find out the price they do this)

There is no other go than talking to the used car dealers to find out whether there is something to fish. There are two types of people in this used car business.

1. Brokers
2. Consultants

Brokers are thorn in the flesh. These idiots will tell you something over phone & when you drop in there to see the car, it would be entirely different. For example: One of my specification is the car should have done less than 40K in odometer. They will say the car has done 28k with complete service record. You will travel around 25 kilometre to take a look. You will shocked to see that car would have done 82k. When you shout at them, they say that we had misunderstood the milegae done.

If they have a geninue car, they will quote like anything.

But how does they do their business?

There are people who does not have any knowledge on the used car business, who walks in within their family & finalize the car within their family, before they get hunted by this used car dealers. If they grasp that you have knowledge to some extent on this business, they does not mind chasing you out as they do not want to waste their time with you. In other words they do not want to sell your car with lesser margin. In my experience almost 90% vendors are like this.

Consultants are far far better comparted to this used car brokers. These consultants does not have office & they deal through direct customers also. They will put us to the customers and take 1% commission from us. They will not try to pull you in, if they do not have a vehicle that matches your requirement.

But one thing that is for sure is "LOW MILEAGE HONDA CITY" is in demand at Chennai. If there is one, we need to pay fancy price to buy the car. Just imagine a 2003 model 1.3 exi done around 25k mileage will be quoted at 5.75 L range by the used car dealer. But they buy the car from the owner for 4.75 lakhs. BELIEVE ME.

After a few unsucessful attempts, I will say myself, throw this HONDA out from your mind and go for other cars. But after my mind settle down, I come out more strongly in my hunt for HONDA. Believe I will get one at my expected price.

why hassle spend extra buc or go to some other place and get a cheapo!!!

this prob is growing day by day in hyderabad
know most of the hunters of these cars dealers,
when ever i come to know abt a good deal,and go to check it out ,i bump into these guys

ex:a 1999 green esteem ax bought for 1.75(my offer was 1.9l,but by the time i took the cash and went car was sold to that guy)
the next day a known car broker guy calls" anna,i got a nice esteem ax for u" asking price 2.75
told him final 2.15, next day he convets it to manual,offers me the autobox for 10k, sells the car for 2.60.

ex2: a 2002 grey sonata gold was bought for 5.3l ,current asking is 7l

and i can go on and on and on....

open a sunday classified and u will see mostly broker ad's

looks like there is an potential for an "honest used car dealer ship" any one here interested?

Quote:

Originally Posted by aadix
looks like there is an potential for an "honest used car dealer ship" any one here interested?

Exactly said
clap: clap:

If buyers were taken to a comfortable zone & the deal kept transparent, there is a lot of potential in getting succeeded in this business. Of course, the margin would be reasonable & the volume of business compensates this.

One funny thing is that all of them claim that they are the only company working on a 1% commission charges on sale. You ask them whether you can make the payment to the customer directly (to the one in which the RC is registered), they will come up with stories like IT problem

Iam not against on making them profits in the deals, it needs to be somewhat ethical, which is lagging. They misguide the buyers.