Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2008, 13:55   #1
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Need Advise - Planning for a Thailand/China Trip

I am planning a Thailand/China trip through Raj Travels.
Any opinions about Raj Travels? How is their service? How good are the hotels they book etc?
Old 21st June 2008, 16:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

They are quite good & reasonable.

A lot of Gujarati & Marathi newly weds would be there in your trip as they are the biggest clients of Raj Travel's.

So if you are going on your honeymoon, it is fine, but if you are travelling with friends, then it might be a bit boring ( sometimes interesting )

Another thing is - please check about N.Veg & Veg food and let them know your choice of Cuisine. They usually do Veg Cuisines as an Indian Chef travels along the entire tour.
Old 21st June 2008, 16:53   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Just my opinion, please do not be offended, but travelling with a bunch of people from your own country and with a cook making the same food you would eat in your own country and seeing places pre-decided by someone else for a fixed period of time, isn't much of a journey.

Please do think about it. I understand that it can be a little intimidating to attempt a first time travel, but that's what the internet and even Team-BHP are here for. Just follow someone's travelogue and enjoy!

Of course it is your money, your holiday and your decision.
Old 21st June 2008, 17:12   #4
BHPian

Last year had been to Thailand Malaysia & Singapore with Raj Travels the service & accomodation provided was good and regarding food there were no Chefs or Maharaj or Cook's along with us,breakfast is provided at the Hotel where you stay so that will be a local fare(good if you are a non-veg for veggies they provided the usual bread butter jam and few other Indian Dishes),Lunch & Dinner is provided at some Indian restaurant's which are present in the respective country(not sure of China though).

Me and my Family used to skip dinner provided by them & go hunting for different places so that we could try out the local delicasies.
Old 21st June 2008, 17:43   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
They are quite good & reasonable.

A lot of Gujarati & Marathi newly weds would be there in your trip as they are the biggest clients of Raj Travel's.

So if you are going on your honeymoon, it is fine, but if you are travelling with friends, then it might be a bit boring ( sometimes interesting )

Another thing is - please check about N.Veg & Veg food and let them know your choice of Cuisine. They usually do Veg Cuisines as an Indian Chef travels along the entire tour.
I am not going on one of their groups trips. I have a very specific itenary which they don't have. So what they would be doing for me is Visas, tickets, hotel bookings, bus bookings, car bookings etc. So I will not be accompanying any group as such.
However, overall the feedback on Raj seems to be positive here - so I think I'll go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Just my opinion, please do not be offended, but travelling with a bunch of people from your own country and with a cook making the same food you would eat in your own country and seeing places pre-decided by someone else for a fixed period of time, isn't much of a journey.

Please do think about it. I understand that it can be a little intimidating to attempt a first time travel, but that's what the internet and even Team-BHP are here for. Just follow someone's travelogue and enjoy!

Of course it is your money, your holiday and your decision.
I am not going to have cooks in my trip - the only thing provided is breakfast by the hotel. However, I am really not interested in sampling local cuisine :-) I am more than satisfied with Indian food. I have lived & travelled abroad for extended periods of time - I prefer Indian food to almost any other kind of food, both veg & n.veg. Even as far as foreign food goes, I prefer the attempted Indian version of foreign cuisine to the authentic alternative.

I am going through Raj mainly so that I don't have the time or energy to do hotel bookings, car bookings in advance on my own. And I don't want to take the risk of going without advance bookings & potentially ruining what is going to be a rather short holiday.

Also, since I am mainly going to visit *Patel Points* in the countries, a pre-decided trip would most probably suit me pretty well.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd June 2008 at 05:06.
Old 15th October 2008, 09:00   #6
BANNED

Finally booked the tickets & hotels through SOTC for Bangkok & Bali.
However, didn't book any tour packages through them.

How easy it to get cabs & bus tours after reaching there?

Can it be booked on the spot - any idea where to go to book these?
Old 15th October 2008, 09:52   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Finally booked the tickets & hotels through SOTC for Bangkok & Bali.
However, didn't book any tour packages through them.

How easy it to get cabs & bus tours after reaching there?

Can it be booked on the spot - any idea where to go to book these?
Congrats!!

Here's a tip, NEVER ever sign up for the FIRST tour/taxi you find. There is always someone down the line who will better the deal for you

Since Im always backpacking it allows for me to walk about a little more than when Iv to lug around baggage. In Suvarnabhumi (BKK) what I do is clear customs and then change levels and exit at the Departure lounge. Here you find taxi's that have just dropped people off and have to leave the airport. Even here they will probably start at double price so keep your cool.

Bus tours you will find heaps of agencies spread all across. Do a bit of research and sign up.

Will you land at Densapar in Bali ?

PM me if you need details.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks