Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 01:23   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I declare all North Indians to be beachily challenged. Hygienic, but beachily challenged.
Since Himalayas are so far away, I declare all mumbaites to be Vertically challenged
Old 23rd June 2008, 05:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
what about the North Indians who stay in South India say Chennai
couldn't help but post, isn't that an oxymoron?

By the way, keeping aside company car and other things, I don't think eating in one's car and messing is as bad an idea as is being portrayed. It's as good as messing in your own house.

I know people who like to keep their house spanking clean. on the other hand, I like to keep my house somewhere between 50 and 70% clean. I don't get finicky if my son throws a handful of thermacol scrap around. perishables, yes, they need to be cleaned immediately. I am surprised how some of you deny anybody eating privileges in your car. Come on, it's just your car. To keep it clean, will you prefer others standing outside and eating? or spending one hour outside eating so you car can stay clean? on long drives.
Old 23rd June 2008, 07:01   #33
Team-BHP Support

Obviously that manager of your company has no love or passion for automobile. I like Condor's idea of sending him the bill. Better even, deduct the amount from his June salary.

But what I really like to hear is the the talk between you and him though.
Old 23rd June 2008, 07:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Obviously that manager of your company has no love or passion for automobile.
forget about the passion, it's basic courtesy to not expose somebody to one's leftovers.
Old 23rd June 2008, 08:44   #35
BHPian

Shocking !!

I am playing Devils Advocate here !!!

Its not clear as to who is the owner of the car ? I assume its the Manager.

Look at the bright side, he left the earbud in the car. Thats much better than 75% of the people who after using a ear bud in the car simply toss it out of the window and pollute the surroundings.

Of course he could have stored it in a more hygienic manner.

But what you are doing is not good either, It was not ethical to click pics of his untidiness and post them on a public portal. How would you like it if someone walks into your house on a day when its topsy turvy, click pics and post them on a public portal ?

All this is assuming he is the owner of the car, and it was not your car that he borrowed.
Old 23rd June 2008, 09:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
Its not clear as to who is the owner of the car ? I assume its the Manager. .
Is it? Then I would also refrain from commenting. Love thy neighbour, not their car.

Quote:
Look at the bright side, he left the earbud in the car.
Hope it doesn't find its way to TBHP Marketplace
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Not everyone in this world is hygiene aware or wanting.

I dont want to imagine how the car will smell from inside.

OT: This car can be used as a torture cell, lock someone inside with the windows rolled up and dont let him/her come out
Old 23rd June 2008, 12:49   #38
BHPian

To discuss a different aspect of maintaining a car if you have young kids : When you take the family out in the car, many a times it is quite difficult to keep the kids away from junk food and in a tight schedule the eating takes place in the car. The cleaning up process is quite a tedious one in such cases. Only vacuum cleaning can remove the damage done. In my car sticky food like pastries and icecreams are totally banned !!

Last edited by emkay456 : 23rd June 2008 at 13:03.
Old 23rd June 2008, 13:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am playing Devils Advocate here !!!

Its not clear as to who is the owner of the car ? I assume its the Manager.

But what you are doing is not good either, It was not ethical to click pics of his untidiness and post them on a public portal. How would you like it if someone walks into your house on a day when its topsy turvy, click pics and post them on a public portal ?

All this is assuming he is the owner of the car, and it was not your car that he borrowed.
Filmore, quoted below from NC's opening post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
These are pictures taken inside a 3 month old Maruti Suzuki Estilo. It has been handed over to a manager and this is how he maintains it.
Old 23rd June 2008, 13:11   #40
Senior - BHPian

I have another perspective to it. My car is always clean, but if some one saw my car after the non stop Pune-Bhopal trip it had loads of McDonald's Burger's tissues(I dont throw them on road & prefer throwing in dustbin at home) a couple of water bottles & all the toll bills all over at the front place, I got it cleaned the next day but if some one clicked a snap at this time it would looked horrible.

So while I agree that the Zen is in bad shape tell me something, if some one goes for a picnic & have people who wants to eat while in car & the owner doesn't mind thinking that he would get it cleaned later. But the week begins & he doesn't get time to get it cleaned no matter how he wants to.

Like NC said he took the car a week ago to Beach. may be he didn't get time to get it cleaned. Not that there are people who don't maintain their car's interiors I would like to give him some benefit of doubt here.
Old 23rd June 2008, 13:18   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

@Fillmore, I would have considered what you have said, but the said asset is company property. It needs to be taken care of, and used in a responsible manner.

@Techno - one can accept that state for the day of travel. If this was the state of the car after a week, it possibly would have been so even after a month.

And one can always use a couple of trash bags to dump trash in. Even a plastic bag that you get with any purchases you would have done - food, snacks etc bought during the journey.

OT: this is the reason I discourage people from eating in vehicles. If required, pull over, give every one a chance to stretch while they also eat.
Old 23rd June 2008, 13:31   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yes anything more than a week is bad, why a week? well like i said at times you just dont get time during work week & trust me its really difficult to get Sand completely out of a car by your own.

@condor: Yeah all my trash was actually in form of plastic bags & there were quite a few of them
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:06   #43
Senior - BHPian

Well well this guy seriously is not interested in vehicles. How can he do this??? Guess he didnt have rats chewing his wires to get an idea what can happen. Usually it is people who use others property who end up caring less for it. This is usually what i have observed. I really feel you should let him know your least satisfied how he has maintained his vehicle over the time rather than sending a bill
Old 23rd June 2008, 22:53   #44
BHPian

Shocking !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Filmore, quoted below from NC's opening post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
normally_crazy[/b]]
These are pictures taken inside a 3 month old Maruti Suzuki Estilo. It has been handed over to a manager and this is how he maintains it.

Did read this point. Reason I asked the question was , if you look at most software companies when you get a company car its as good as your own car. Nobody cares what you do with the car. This is because though the car would be registered in the company's name,You would be paying its EMI out of your salary. When you quit you automatically pay back the outstanding differential and transfer the car to your name.
If you choose not to do so, then you stand to lose all the months EMI that you paid towards the car.
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:07   #45

The glove box is empty. Where are the insurance and car papers then ???
I think at least a copy should be kept in the car.

Most Viewed