Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Shocking !

These are pictures taken inside a 3 month old Maruti Suzuki Estilo. It has been handed over to a manager and this is how he maintains it.

I guess he had taken his family to Juhu beach (he is from the north) atleast a week before I took his car for a spin. As soon as I sat inside I was

Have a look at the pictures

Inside the glove box
Shocking !-img_0010.jpg

Between the front seats
Shocking !-img_0011.jpg

Floor behind the front seats
Shocking !-img_0012.jpg

Shocking !-img_0013.jpg

Just under the drivers seat
Name:  IMG_0016.JPG
Views: 867
Size:  394.0 KB

I can never have the insides even 1/10th of this. Why do people do this ?
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

Just one word YUCK! That's why I don't allow people to eat in the car. When there's no choice but to eat inside I make sure I vacuum clean it immediately. Can't stand a speck of dust in the car.
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:23   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Suggest have the interior cleaned and the bill sent to him. Should drive home the point of using things properly.
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:25   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is terrible & yuk!!!. I can never tolerate this in my car. Personally, even if my wife / kids throw choclate wrappers inside the car, I will shout at them. Why people do it? It is not his car and is owned by company and these people does not mind doing anything as the company will bear the cost of cleaning and repairs (if any). Only thing I can think of right now is the manager and his family/friends who have done this. IMO, you need to give him a stern warning about this and not to foot any of the bills he is presenting on behalf of vehicle. If this is his attitude, don't know how he keeping his table and sourroundings clean.

Last edited by snaronikar : 22nd June 2008 at 17:30.
Old 22nd June 2008, 17:27   #5
BHPian

Gautam, you need to look at some of the vehicles featured in Pimp My Ride. One station wagon which belonged to a nurse, even have used diapers inside it. This Estilo compared to those vehicles is still clean.

But one thing is for sure, this manager is misusing conveniences provided to him. Reminds me of the Matrix Sim Card advertisement. Company ka maal, dariya mein daal!

Last edited by SumitB : 22nd June 2008 at 17:28.
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:03   #6
BHPian

That is real mess. The best thing to do is to send it to a good professional cleaners, and the bill sent to accounts dept with a copy to the manager.

It is irresponsible to maintain a vehicle in this manner.
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

If I were you n_c I would have given him my piece of mind. BTW whats this guy gotto do with you.Does he work for you ? If YES then you know what you should be doing .
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

The stuff on the shift console looks particularly inviting.
Dried chili sauce?
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yuck !!! Disgusting. I am so particular about the car that I get it cleaned every day.

Gautam - Do what you have to.
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:29   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
These are pictures taken inside a 3 month old Maruti Suzuki Estilo. It has been handed over to a manager and this is how he maintains it.

I guess he had taken his family to Juhu beach (he is from the north) atleast a week before I took his car for a spin. As soon as I sat inside I was

?
Certainly not a good way to maintain a car. Bit i feel your mention of "he is from the North " is highly unwarranted. Im not from the North either, but hygiene standards have got nothing with north south east west. Are you a moderator??
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:37   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Certainly not a good way to maintain a car. Bit i feel your mention of "he is from the North " is highly unwarranted. Im not from the North either, but hygiene standards have got nothing with north south east west. Are you a moderator??
lol. jaysmokesleaves, I think what N_C meant was that the person is from the north where there are no beaches.

So he took his family to see the beach but by the looks of it decided to carry the beach with him in the car afterwards.

What does north and south have to do with hygiene standards? I must say that's some imaginative thinking.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd June 2008 at 18:38.
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:44   #12
BHPian

Yuck is the word, poor sense of hygiene, the guy needs a piece of mind and bill of all the clean up to open his eyes..

and btw it definitely has nothing to do with being from north.
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:48   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
i feel your mention of "he is from the North " is highly unwarranted. Im not from the North either, but hygiene standards have got nothing with north south east west. Are you a moderator??
It is well noted that people from the north like to visit beaches as they have none in the north. It's quite a normal phenomemon. I do not think he was referring to north Indian hygiene standards, its quite silly that you reacted this way.

And yes he is a moderator and a darned fair one too.

Quote:
I must say that's some imaginative thinking.
Ah but see his name - he smokes leaves. It all makes sense now.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 22nd June 2008 at 18:51.
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:51   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Digusting is the only word that comes to my mind. I would never keep a single item in the backseat if it is not required and my car is cleaned 'daily" as i cannot stand yuckiness in any form.

Btw, i have given a clear mandate to the guy who cleans my car that he has to wash the tyres everyday as i want them to shine and look black at all times.
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:52   #15
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, he is a Moderator and a good one at that. You need to see in what context he meant that the guy was from the north. The "north" connection is with reference to "Juhu Beach" and not hygiene or anything.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks