Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:43   #1

Dish TV set to roll out services in Sports Utility Vehicles

Quote:
Dish TV set to roll out services in Sports Utility Vehicles

Kicking off a fierce battle in the direct-to-home (DTH) sector, leading DTH player Dish TV is ready to roll out their services in Sports utility vehicles (SUVs) in India. The company is learnt to be in talks with car manufacturers such as Tata Motors, Honda and Ford Motors to services in their new SUVs. These car manufacturers have done trials Dish TV’s services. This additional facility is priced about $1,500 per vehicle in India.

Dish TV has already provided services in special trains of Indian Railways and Kingfisher Airlines. The hardware, which is sourced from Companies in Israel and Germany, costs about $1500. Jawahar Goel, managing director, Dish TV, told FE , “Car manufacturers have shown interest in the services. Though the trials have been done successfully, we are yet to start it commercially as the agreement is yet to be signed.”

The company, which added 2,85,000 new subscribers during the fourth quarter with a total 1.04 million in FY 2008, has a 59% market share in India. Goel said, “Apart from the hardware cost of $1500, consumers have to shell out the charges for the packages they select.” According to him, about 15 Mercedes cars in India have been using the DTH service from Dish TV.
http://epaper.financialexpress.com/A...009_004&mode=1
Old 24th June 2008, 10:08   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

guess what - I think that Tata Sky is better than Dish TV - there are several people who have dumped the Dish TV in favour of Tata Sky too.
Thus, my thought is that if Dish TV cant even do a proper job delivering good signals to a stationary place like one's home, then how can they be expected to perform while delivering signals to moving vehicles?
I havent seen their service on the trains so I may be talking out of turn - but the doubt remains.
Do share more

thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks