Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2005, 19:17   #31
Senior - BHPian

OFF/HALF HAND IAM GETTING INTO THIS TOPIC.

Kodai is a far far better place than Ooty. Ooty is losing it's sheen. May be down the line, kodai too will end up in the same. Regular visitors could have visualized the damages done to the nature by commercializing the same.
Old 9th March 2005, 16:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Am back!

Hey guys
The trip was awesome.
We took the Salem - Dindigul route both ways however. The roads are quite good. Made the 470 kms in about 8 hrs time. Will do the ooty - kodai route when i have more time on my hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURPRISE
OFF/HALF HAND IAM GETTING INTO THIS TOPIC.

Kodai is a far far better place than Ooty. Ooty is losing it's sheen. May be down the line, kodai too will end up in the same. Regular visitors could have visualized the damages done to the nature by commercializing the same.

Yeah Surprise, Kodai is better than ooty but even kodai is going the ooty way now. I guess Munnar is the only decent hill station left in these parts of the country.

Anyways, thanks a lot for all ur inputs.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 9th March 2005, 16:30   #33
BHPian

There is also thekkady.
A retd army officer from cochin is conducting trek and forest camp there. You get to walk deep into the forest and get to camp some where near a stream. And in the night u get to watch all wild animals coming to the stream. Unfortunately when I was there during monsoon and it rained like hell that night and spoiled the plan.
Now slowly other parts of kerala like waynad is getting popular i guess.
Near ooty, you have places like kothagiri, not a big tourist destination, but a nice quite laid back town.
Heard rumor that JJ owns 100 of acres of tea estate here...
Old 5th November 2009, 23:22   #34
jeetyadav

Hello ! i am planning a Bangalore to kodaikanl road trip in a week. need road info

i am planning to go to kodaikanal via dindigul from bangalore. does someone have any idea hows the road condition on this stretch these days? also would like to know hows the road to kodai from there...
thanks !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks