Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2019, 16:43   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Question regarding EU / UK tourist visa for Package tour by Operator

My mother (senior citizen / family pensioner) is planning for a 15 day tour of EU+ London. The operator is asking for a lot of documents regarding financials. At this time I have collected enough documents to show about 6x the travel cost, apart from the base travel+ acco fees (already paid to operator).

Questions:
1. Should this be enough ?
2. Should we show property documents that are in my mom's name
3. What is your experience in this case (UK / EU Visa interview) - esp for Rejections

Last edited by condor : 7th March 2019 at 16:44.
Old 12th March 2019, 20:21   #392
Senior - BHPian

German Business Visa Question:

I have visited Germany on short term work visa in Nov-Dec 2018 and gave my bio-metric during visa process. I need to travel again to Germany on business visa in couple of weeks. Do I need to give my bio-metric again or sending all required documents enough?
Old 13th March 2019, 00:46   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Do I need to give my bio-metric again or sending all required documents enough?
Not required to visit for biometrics again, just send in the documents.
Old 19th March 2019, 15:32   #394
Senior - BHPian

German National Visa queries

My company is planning to send me on deputation for 13.5 months to Germany. I just started filling forms for applying visa (including family: wife + son). Visa appointment is on the same day for all of us.

Help needed:
1) Wife and son need to apply for family reunion visa and fill the same national visa form, right?
2) Is there a specific format and requirement for getting wife's birth certificate? She has matriculation certificate which has birth date.
3) My son's birth certificate is available (both in Kannada and English) - Hope nothing else is required.
4) We have marriage certificate (in English) + photographs. My name is added in her passport, and her name in mine. Our names are added in my son's passport (minor) as well. Anything else is required as proof of marriage?
5) Appointment is taken for submitting the documents at Consulate. Do we need to take VFS appointment as well?
6) Check list for spouse visa does not mention visa fee - This is to be paid (DD), right?
7) What is this document verification fee?

Any tips for smoother processing?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Latheesh : 19th March 2019 at 15:34.
Old 21st March 2019, 01:19   #395
BHPian

Just a heads up to folks visiting Urmi Axis building at Worli Mumbai to the VFS center for Visa work.

My brother was asked to visit VFS at Urmi Axis building, Worli, Mumbai for his Schengen Visa.
I accompanied him and was pleasantly surprised to find that the Urmi Axis building compound has enough parking for private vehicles at a cost of Rs 180 for the entire time including GST for 4 wheelers. I think it is Rs 60 for 2 wheelers.
The period of parking does not matter. Rs 180 is a flat rate.
We were here by 0745 and my brother was taken into the building in the first slot and by 0930 hrs he was out.
This is the only time he will have to provide his biometrics and iris scan for Schengen Visa.
From next time, the office he works at will be able to make his visa using the dropbox facility.
Enough of street food options available opposite Famous Studios which is at the entrance to the lane leading to the building.

This post is for information only.
Old 21st March 2019, 08:07   #396
Distinguished - BHPian

The agency booking my mother's trip (package tour) has been lackadaisical. Now they are saying there are no slots available @ Bangalore (for UK visa).

Does anyone have information on how the visa appointment process works ? When I check VFS global, they seem to have a walk-in option also. Should we try this ?
Old 21st March 2019, 14:00   #397
BHPian

Guys,

Need some advice on US B2 Visa for my wife and kids. We were thinking of visiting New York while I go there on Business trip in summer vacations but I just checked the wait for Chennai, its 45 days Is there a way to get it expedited?

Second thing, appreciate any tips or pointers for applying. I have a B1 since 2006 (Got it renewed in 2016) and I've traveled multiple times. I think there is nothing like dependent visa for B1 but will my status help in securing it for the family?

Please advise

-Ijeet
Old 24th March 2019, 18:24   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
German National Visa queries

My company is planning to send me on deputation for 13.5 months to Germany. I just started filling forms for applying visa (including family: wife + son). Visa appointment is on the same day for all of us.

Help needed:
1) Wife and son need to apply for family reunion visa and fill the same national visa form, right?
Quote:
Right
2) Is there a specific format and requirement for getting wife's birth certificate? She has matriculation certificate which has birth date.
Quote:
In most cases they ask for a birth certificate, depending on the visa officer, sometimes they might agree with other proofs, but matriculation certificate is 50-50
3) My son's birth certificate is available (both in Kannada and English) - Hope nothing else is required.
Quote:
As long as your documents are in English, no problem, if anything is in a regional language, a translation to English or German is needed.
4) We have marriage certificate (in English) + photographs. My name is added in her passport, and her name in mine. Our names are added in my son's passport (minor) as well. Anything else is required as proof of marriage?
Quote:
If they deem necessary, they will ask for marriage verification. This is done by an independent agency appointed by the German consulate. Depending on case to case it can cost you INR 25-45K, you will only need to pay the amount, rest they will do.
5) Appointment is taken for submitting the documents at Consulate. Do we need to take VFS appointment as well?
Quote:
No, not needed
6) Check list for spouse visa does not mention visa fee - This is to be paid (DD), right?
Quote:
Yes, Visa fees should be mentioned on their website, DD is needed.
7) What is this document verification fee?
Quote:
Depends on case to case, can range anywhere between 25000-45000 INR.
Any tips for smoother processing?

Quote:
Submit your documents according to the checklist provided by them, in the same order. If the documentation from your side is complete, unnecessary delays will be avoided.
Thanks in advance!
Not sure if I'm late, please refer my answers in Bold.

Spike

Last edited by SPIKE ARRESTOR : 24th March 2019 at 18:30. Reason: formatting
Old 25th March 2019, 10:26   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Not sure if I'm late, please refer my answers in Bold.

Spike
Thanks a lot. Our appointment is in April.
Old 25th March 2019, 10:37   #400
BANNED

I think they are still snooty on Schengen. They should also be brought to heel. Is the MEA listening. Now US, Canada etc are quite easy.
Old 26th March 2019, 13:33   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Guys,

Need some advice on US B2 Visa for my wife and kids. We were thinking of visiting New York while I go there on Business trip in summer vacations but I just checked the wait for Chennai, its 45 days Is there a way to get it expedited?

Second thing, appreciate any tips or pointers for applying. I have a B1 since 2006 (Got it renewed in 2016) and I've traveled multiple times. I think there is nothing like dependent visa for B1 but will my status help in securing it for the family?

Please advise

-Ijeet
Hi,

You need to try different consulate in India. I have heard that Kolkata has less waiting period but traveling from your hometown is extra cost.
Also when you reserve the biometric slot, the next slot to give interview may or may not be the very next day. You need to consider these factors.

Regarding visa, it depends upon the consulate officer taking interview.
Old 28th March 2019, 22:45   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
Hi,
You need to try different consulate in India. I have heard that Kolkata has less waiting period but traveling from your hometown is extra cost.

My colleague was trying to book an appoinment today and Delhi, Mumbai, Hyd all have equally long waiting periods. Didn't look at Kolkata though. Finally he ended up picking Hyd for mid May.
Old 10th April 2019, 17:25   #403
BHPian

Hi, a quick query if anyone can help.

Trying to apply for a UK visitor visa for my wife from Pune. She already has one that is expiring so just repeating the same process again as last time. However, the VFS process seems to have changed now, with the option of uploading the supporting docs yourself digitally before visiting the VFS centre for biometrics, rather than using the document scanning service at VFS:

https://tourismbreakingnews.com/new-...new-interface/

Quote:
Shift to an integrated online system previously, Indian visa applicants applied for a visa via two separate websites – Gov.UK and VFS Global. As part of the new customer journey, customers can access information about, or opt for, all visa services at the outset of their visa application journey. Customers now have the option to digitally upload documentation prior to visiting the Visa Application Centre using their smartphone, tablet or other camera/computing device. Customers who opt for the self-upload option can visit the centre with just their passport – meaning less need to carry original documents with them. A scanning service will still be offered by VFS Global, for a fee of 500 INR, however this will be free to customers for a short period.
However am not able to work out where to do this on the VFS website after creating an account and booking an appointment. The only options I have are to select the premium services, of which I only chose SMS services. This costs Rs.200 but interestingly Document Scanning Assistance has also been listed on the payment receipt for Rs.0 so it seems the 'short period' mentioned above is still going on. But no options anywhere to upload docs myself.

Has anyone applied for a visa using this new method? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old 20th April 2019, 16:51   #404
Senior - BHPian

Need a help!

We filled DD form for paying German visa fee. HDFC issued Manager's cheque instead of DD. They said they issue Managers cheque if requested city and payable city is same. Is it OK?
Old 20th April 2019, 19:20   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The agency booking my mother's trip (package tour) has been lackadaisical. Now they are saying there are no slots available @ Bangalore (for UK visa).

Does anyone have information on how the visa appointment process works ? When I check VFS global, they seem to have a walk-in option also. Should we try this ?
Did you get the appointment? Never had appointment issues for Visitor's visa (generally long term ones are always full and business ones are always available). Contact the VFS call centre (IIRC they have dedicated numbers for specific countries) - they sometimes advice/ allow to book an appointment under different category.

Regarding financial documents, the consulate is only interested in confirmed travel & lodging details plus a proof of steady income/ financial holdings, hence a 6 month bank statement depicting the latter are sufficient. 2 year ITR, if available, helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Hi, a quick query if anyone can help.
Has anyone applied for a visa using this new method? Any pointers would be much appreciated.
The VFS' website does't always work as intended & the various options often do not work. Contact their UK Visa helpline, they are very helpful & have the latest info.

Last edited by mn2363 : 20th April 2019 at 19:25. Reason: Adding details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks