Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2008, 08:16   #31
BANNED

so friends time is coming near tommorrow is my interview . plz pray for me . have to start in early morning at around 5 am to reach delhi in time .
Old 26th June 2008, 11:25   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Trust me m2s,

It has happened to some other people i know as well.
The US visa interviewers will never give you a direct reason as to why they refused your visa - they will just give you their standard speech and then you will be asked to leave - no questions will be answered.
You have some racist idiots too who give you a reason like this
"I know your type. your husband has gone to the US for working, he is not going to come back, he will become illegal. You will go and have a baby there and never come back. Get out!"
I don't remember the other details(it was two years back). I had gone to the US on a business Visa.
for some strange reason the person sitting there stamped my 1-94 for 22 weeks.
I don't know why. I never even asked for 22 weeks, just 12.
With my I-94 copy my wife goes so what she can join me for a couple of months and there is a rejection, with the visa officer(A horrendous woman) screaming things like "your type. you people blah blah".
Next time we again went for a Visa together, hardly any questions, and interview over in 2 minutes, and Visa approved.

All this happened when so many people from our company regularly travel on business Visa and come back well before I-94 expiry.

So when you want US visa, anything can happen.
Old 26th June 2008, 12:40   #33
BHPian

<-- this is what i'm doing reading your post, both tsk and Rehaan

All I can say is, let's debate over this when we get to meet, if at all and when that happens. I'll make you understand this on a different note, especially you Rehaan.
Right now, let's pray for our fellow bhpian that he gets his Austrian visa and the grin. Else,

Cheers!
M2S
FYI - even if you had both the passports on that day Rehaan, you would have still not been granted visa- Reason: They had already filled up the number of visa's to be granted for the same day.
My point - In addition to careful planning, take the appointment for the day where you have least number of interviews

Last edited by married2speed : 26th June 2008 at 12:50.
Old 26th June 2008, 13:40   #34
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to our good friend Harry - all the best mate. It is definitely going to be a cake walk.

Cheers!
Old 26th June 2008, 15:05   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Coming back to our good friend Harry - all the best mate. It is definitely going to be a cake walk.

Cheers!
thanx dear friend hope i complete mission successfully
Old 26th June 2008, 16:19   #36
BHPian

I also heard many horror stories about US visa. Don't know whether it is true or rumor, but at one time in past they had a rule that every tenth applicant will be refused visa

One of my elderly aunts (75+ years) US visa was refused (she wanted to visit her son, who had green card). The reason cited something like "since her son was in US for 10 years, and she didn't visit him during that long period, it seems suspicious that she wants to visit him now".

Usually European embassies are better.
Old 26th June 2008, 16:41   #37
BANNED

US Embassy doesn't give any specific reason for rejection. They have only 2 reasons:
1. On this day, based on your documents & interview, we can't grant you Visa. Please try after 6 months.
2. Please furnish more documents to support your claim - schedule your appointment again.

Note: If you really want Business Visa and don't want rejection, you can go through IACC - Welcome to Indo American Chamber of Commerce. Your chances are better.

Last edited by diabloo : 26th June 2008 at 16:47.
Old 27th June 2008, 13:17   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
...."I know your type. your husband has gone to the US for working, he is not going to come back, he will become illegal. You will go and have a baby there and never come back. Get out!"...
Thats a bit extreme and unprofessional to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
...for some strange reason the person sitting there stamped my 1-94 for 22 weeks.
I don't know why. I never even asked for 22 weeks, just 12....
TSK, they just stamp the I-94 with whatever their stamp is currently set to. If the guy before you had requested to stay for 30 week, they might have dialed the stamp up and you would have also got 30 weeks.
As long as you are getting more than what you ask for it is ok - and no need for them to keep adjusting the stamp for each case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by married2speed View Post
FYI - even if you had both the passports on that day Rehaan, you would have still not been granted visa- Reason: They had already filled up the number of visa's to be granted for the same day.
I agree with your reasoning of quotas, but all i'm saying is that naturally other things do also play a part in getting you rejected/accepted (if the quotas for the day are still not filled).

Quote:
All I can say is, let's debate over this when we get to meet, if at all and when that happens. I'll make you understand this on a different note, especially you Rehaan.
Okay cool.

cya
R
Old 27th June 2008, 15:32   #39
BANNED

finally interview is over now returning home . they told me that they will send passport to vfs from where i can collect it . what are the chance friends any guesses will the visa be granted or not????
Old 27th June 2008, 15:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

you have got it.
If they rejected you then they return the passport immidiately.

Now they are just going to do security check on you and give you the stamp.

Good luck.
Old 27th June 2008, 15:37   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
you have got it.
If they rejected you then they return the passport immidiately.

Now they are just going to do security check on you and give you the stamp.

Good luck.
may your words come true friend thanx for encouraging . i also liked to thank all my friends who encouraged me for interview and i was confident.
Old 27th June 2008, 15:45   #42
BHPian

what were the questions they asked?
Old 27th June 2008, 15:49   #43
BANNED

Quote:
what were the questions they asked?
they asked about my institute . managing director name and his number . reason for going and to whom i am going
Old 27th June 2008, 16:00   #44
Team-BHP Support

You have got the Visa,. In case of denial you get back your passport immediately.
Old 27th June 2008, 17:38   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2223 View Post
finally interview is over now returning home . they told me that they will send passport to vfs from where i can collect it . what are the chance friends any guesses will the visa be granted or not????
You got the visa.

If there was a denial, they would just return back the passport and ask you to come back after a period.

Congrats!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks