Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 22:31   #481
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Need advice on US B1 visa via Germany

My sister was studying in Germany till a few months back and is now working there. She very recently got her work visa, sometime within the last 30 days. She has been invited to attend a conference on Women in Cyber Security in US and is trying to apply for a business visa (B1).

She needs to provide the US immigration department details on why they should provide her a business visa along with some valid proof that she is not at risk of absconding once she reaches the US. For that, she has a letter from the organizers of the conference, another one from her organization in Germany and now she requires a similar proof her home country, i.e., India. For this, the easiest option for her is to show that there is some ancestral property that she either already holds or she is next in line to get that property.

Our issue is that the property paper are in Punjabi. If we provide her an affidavit that says that she will acquire the is next in line to get that property (which will be in English), along with a copy of the original property papers (which will be in Punjabi), will that be enough or should we get the original property papers translated to English from an official translator.

I am presently in Bangalore and it will be my dad who will have to go around and these things done for her. Also, to make sure that her visa doesn't get rejected, I am looking to help on the following:

1. Is the affidavit, along with the property papers in Punjabi enough?
2. Or is it better to get them translated to English. If yes, then is this something that can be done at the notary or do we need to first search for a translator who is authorised for such documents?
3. Or is there another option that we have not explored yet, which will be less risky and hassle-free?

Any inputs on this will be helpful
Old 19th January 2022, 06:32   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsriki View Post
[b]
1. Is the affidavit, along with the property papers in Punjabi enough?
2. Or is it better to get them translated to English. If yes, then is this something that can be done at the notary or do we need to first search for a translator who is authorised for such documents?
3. Or is there another option that we have not explored yet, which will be less risky and hassle-free?

Any inputs on this will be helpful
Not sure of the specific requirements related to these documents, but back in early 2020 when my colleague applied for US visa B1/B2, they accepted the application but asked her to furnish translated versions of some of the submitted documents (from Ukrainian).
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 08:15   #483
BHPian

Did they specifically ask for property documents or it is your assumption only ? Generally the Agents or Visa Consultants charge hefty fees in claiming to prepare "File" containing your Financial and Properly Documents. The Consulate clearly states that all this is "Not Required". All you have to do is to convince the Consular Section is of "Enough Reason to Return" from USA. In their terms "Every Visa seeker is an illegal immigrant unless he proves it otherwise".
Do not prepare big dossier of documents and appear for Interview beaming with confidence. She has every good reason to obtain her Visa.

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 19th January 2022 at 08:16.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 15:04   #484
BHPian

I need an advice for Canadian travel visa rejection i received 3 days back.

History:
In 2018, i had the opportunity to travel to USA to attend an training session on an product from GE in Houston, Texas. Unfortunately, my then employer messed up with arrival city in Letter of Intent (Atlanta), and arrival city in DS-160 (Houston). Me and my colleague both had their application rejected together.
I mentioned this in my application for Canada.

I did travel to France, Italy and Spain in 2019. And i showed the entry and exit stamp of it in my travel history.

Application:

For my application i submitted the following documents:
1. NOC from HR (stating my visit and duration)
2. 6 Month bank statement with closing balance of 6.5 Lacs
3. Past 3 Month payslip
4. Notarised invitation letter from our family friend in Canada who migrated their in early 2000s and is an Canadian citizen (it stated, his relation to us, Annual income -180,000 CAD, designation as senior director of an firm, Residence Address and my stay at his residence)
5. Past travel history
6. NOC from my father stating my employment in family business and also a summary of the firm (470+ employees and >75 Cr turnover)
7. Detailed SOP, which contained day wise itenary as well as details of my friend who was travelling with me to Canada (Separate application), our stay during the trip etc.

I had the visa rejected for the following reasons:
1. Based on my family ties in Canada and home country
2. Purpose of my visit
3. Personal Assets and Financial Status

I'm confused, i know that i am in flagged age group (26 year old, Single, Male, Engineer), but still my documentation should've been enough to make up for it.
Old 13th February 2022, 16:56   #485
BHPian

Filling the Visa application, there is a standard question "Has your Visa application ever been declined previously ?"
In response to this, your reply should have been "No" unless specifically asked "by any other country".
An affirmative reply makes them feel more comfortable in Rejecting the Visa application as they do not want to waste time in going into depth of the cause and risk another potentially illegal immigrant.
Amrik Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 18:01   #486
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
I need an advice for Canadian travel visa rejection i received 3 days back.

I had the visa rejected for the following reasons:
1. Based on my family ties in Canada and home country
2. Purpose of my visit
3. Personal Assets and Financial Status
As mentioned by fellow member, unless they ask for Visa rejection by "any country", you don't need to fill this information in future.

Valid or past US Visa is not sureshot for Canadian visa, many Years ago, they refused the same to my mother, it was my error as I didn't submitted any documents thinking that US Visa should be enough and my brother who is Canadian citizen has invited . We reapplied after a while with all documents and she was given 10 Year visa.

In your case, you will need to make a fresh application clarifying the points raised by them.

Family ties - Canada - You need to show them that the person to whom you are going to visit is not family and only a friend and the reason of travel is only tourism.

Family Ties - India - Submit details of the business you own, include any property papers and firms bank statements. You can make a family tree, showing the ownership of this firm and the future you have in India. Also enclose a letter stating that all the expenses including Airfare, hotels etc is going to be taken care by you.

Purpose of visit - Tourism only. If you want to explore any business during this opprtunity, you will need to fill in the business category and then documentation will change. In this case, details of business you want to visit in Canada will also be required.

Personal Assets/ Status- You should write about your work responsibilties in your fathers Organisation. If you are on board or are a director, enclose the releavent certificates. List some of bigger customers of your business as well.

Hope it works for you
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 19:20   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Filling the Visa application, there is a standard question "Has your Visa application ever been declined previously ?"
In response to this, your reply should have been "No" unless specifically asked "by any other country".
An affirmative reply makes them feel more comfortable in Rejecting the Visa application as they do not want to waste time in going into depth of the cause and risk another potentially illegal immigrant.
The question raised in application was:
"Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry, or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?"

So i had to mark the it "yes" and gave explanation for US visa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

In your case, you will need to make a fresh application clarifying the points raised by them.

Family ties - Canada - You need to show them that the person to whom you are going to visit is not family and only a friend and the reason of travel is only tourism.
I mentioned it in my SOP. Not exactly communicated it in this way.

Quote:

Family Ties - India - Submit details of the business you own, include any property papers and firms bank statements. You can make a family tree, showing the ownership of this firm and the future you have in India. Also enclose a letter stating that all the expenses including Airfare, hotels etc is going to be taken care by you.
I don't any property/business as of now but i did attached 6 month bank statement which shows consistent transactions. For expenditures, i mentioned it in my SOP.

Quote:
Purpose of visit - Tourism only. If you want to explore any business during this opprtunity, you will need to fill in the business category and then documentation will change. In this case, details of business you want to visit in Canada will also be required.
Yes, the application was purely for Tourism purposes.

Quote:

Personal Assets/ Status- You should write about your work responsibilties in your fathers Organisation. If you are on board or are a director, enclose the releavent certificates. List some of bigger customers of your business as well.

Hope it works for you
I mentioned my work responsibility as a Manager, in Administration. But being on a board of director would've definitely helped. We don't have customers as such as we are diagnostic company and deal with public service.

Also, attaching some of the documents i attached in my application.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice for Visas & Interviews-screenshot-20220213-7.03.54-pm.png  

Advice for Visas & Interviews-screenshot-20220213-7.00.26-pm.png  

Advice for Visas & Interviews-screenshot-20220213-6.58.04-pm.png  

Old 13th February 2022, 19:31   #488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
I mentioned my work responsibility as a Manager, in Administration. But being on a board of director would've definitely helped. We don't have customers as such as we are diagnostic company and deal with public service.
You need to submit more documents relating to your business place. Include Bank statements for last six months of your business, list the places you have centres, documents of property owned by your business and some of the larger clients if you may have (hospital chains etc).

The idea is to demonstrate that you own a large business and have no reasons to overstay.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 11:34   #489
BHPian

Quote:
You need to submit more documents relating to your business place. Include Bank statements for last six months of your business, list the places you have centres, documents of property owned by your business and some of the larger clients if you may have (hospital chains etc).

The idea is to demonstrate that you own a large business and have no reasons to overstay.
Got it, i have ordered GCMS notes, they're expected in 30-45 days.
Old 15th February 2022, 11:17   #490
BHPian

Why VFS does not show Greece in the drop down if I try to apply for Schengen visa? Searched web and found this site where they have offices across India.

https://in-gr.gvcworld.eu/en

Anyone applied to Schengen visa to Greece via VFS or the site mentioned above?
Old 2nd April 2022, 19:05   #491
BHPian

I am posting this on behalf of a cousin who would like to apply for US Tourist Visa, for her parents. Her parents are retired senior citizens and they plan to spend 3 weeks with her father's sister and family. My cousin is now settled in India with her family. The query is, is it OK for her to provide the sponsorship letter for their travel or should the sponsorship letter come from her aunt's husband who works there. She does quiet well for herself, so financial sponsorship for her parents is a no brainer. When she asked me about it, I did not have the right answer as I had done the sponsorship for mine when I was there. She apparently hears similar feedback from her aunt's family but she doesn't want to take a sponsorship letter from them unless there is a compelling reason to. Her ask is, is it ok to
  • Provide an sponsorship letter from her end backing their travel and stay expenses. Her aunt's family will send the invitation letter.
  • Any other advice to make their application process smooth.
Old 2nd April 2022, 21:52   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Her parents are retired senior citizens and they plan to spend 3 weeks with her father's sister and family. My cousin is now settled in India with her family. The query is[/list]
Posting my recommendation after successfully helping my in-laws get their US visa.
1. It’s always best to get the sponsorship letter from a person who is employed in US
2. I stated what my job was , where I worked and also wrote that I would bear all their incidental expenses like insurance , commuting etc
3. Also, in the rare case if they get asked , pls have them carry some property documents or assets that they hold in India
Hope it helps.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 18:00   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I am posting this on behalf of a cousin who would like to apply for US Tourist Visa, for her parents. Her parents are retired senior citizens and they plan to spend 3 weeks with her father's sister and family.
I would say, for Senior Citizens, if retired with Pension and well settled here, merely Confidence is required.
In US Visa officers words "Just prove that you have sufficient reason to return". The reasons could be property, business, family, job etc.
If you go through the Visa Application form, there is nothing of this sort required to be filled in. You may carry such documents to show your assets as a backup, if required to prove your point. I got my and Wife's Visa, while my daughters were just Students there. Showed no other documents except flanking a shining Rolex at the interview.
For Canada visa, my Visa and visit to USA was sufficient to submit application at VFS and receive back stamped Passport.

P.S. : I am trying to fill up for renewal of Visas and shall update when documents are submitted. We qualify for "Drop Box" facility in all respect.

Last edited by Amrik Singh : 4th May 2022 at 18:05.
Old 5th May 2022, 16:43   #494
BHPian

My parents want to travel to the US for pleasure and I had booked appointments. The 1st available was Oct'22 and today, 7 months after booking the slot, the consulate says tourist visa is not an emergency and are cancelling the appointment. The next available one is 29 months away - Oct'24.

What next ?
Old 11th May 2022, 06:15   #495
BHPian

During completion of my application, I got the message that my Application is 'Complete'. Reviewed it and submitted. Some questions were raised by the system. After this it was confirmed that I qualify for Drop Box facility and was directed to the page for 'Visa Fees Payment'. I chose to 'Pay over Counter' at Axis Bank (on their approved list). An advice was generated that I printed. Paid the fees but failed to proceed for appointment immediately till I found that it takes One Business Day for Visa Fees Paid to be acknowledged.
Next day, Visa fees was received and available slots were visible. The earliest was on 2nd of August and I wasted
no time to grab it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks