Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2022, 10:26   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarba View Post
Yes. The application system itself will confirm if you are eligible based on a questionnaire.
Also, https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/

In my experience no. But then, you need appointment slots only at VAC for drop off and not really a personal interview slot at the consulate.

Disclaimer : All the above from my recent experience, not really a Visa / Passport expert
Are you saying that one need not have to travel to consulate (Chennai for eg..) for B1/B2 renewal (if eligible for interview waiver) and it is only an appointment at VAC, Bangalore that is required?
Old 16th December 2022, 10:33   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
Old passports NOT needed.

Letter of invitation is NEEDED.

Information source:

https://newdelhipe.dfa.gov.ph/index....n-requirements

Check out the paragraphs about visa-free entry. See if you qualify.
The visa application is going to be made to the Chennai Consulate and I had called them up earlier to check about this requirement of old passports, they rudely confirmed that its required. If not available, chances of getting a Visa is very less.

I am surprised that Philippines doesnt have e-Visa system & still rely on the physical stamping done for Visa.
Old 16th December 2022, 11:29   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Are you saying that one need not have to travel to consulate (Chennai for eg..) for B1/B2 renewal (if eligible for interview waiver) and it is only an appointment at VAC, Bangalore that is required?
Yes, you will need to drop off your passport(s), applicable documents and photo at Bangalore VAC only - don't need to travel to Chennai.
However, appointment slots are still given as per load and availability at Chennai. It's a little counter intuitive and had to confirm with our corporate travel agent. But that's apparently how it is, because the processing still happens at Chennai and Bangalore VAC is working as a courier drop off point only.
sarba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 21:05   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
Current situation for any type of Visa for USA is so bad and have long wait periods.
Things have changed now. Now waiting periods in Bombay and Delhi are about 60 days and Chennai is around 90.

I first booked an April slot, then rescheduled to March and again to February.

It looks like we can only reschedule a maximum of 2 times after which we have to pay the fee again. It used to be 4 earlier, I think.

I am getting this message when I try to reschedule to Jan end.
Name:  visamsg.png
Views: 432
Size:  9.1 KB

This means I have run out of chances right? Or does it mean that I have one more chance before I hit the limit?
Old 17th December 2022, 19:04   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
This means I have run out of chances right? Or does it mean that I have one more chance before I hit the limit?
The message says, Yes, you have run out of chances. They are very prompt in responding for queries, drop an email to support-india@ustraveldocs.com

What type of VISA is this?
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 13:17   #531
BHPian

Hi All,

Needs some advice on US travel. I am supposed to travel to US next week for 1 week and my passport is expiring in 23rd March. I am getting conflicting info that one can not travel if passport is expiring in 6 months. Are you aware of any rule like this? Its pretty urgent travel and I am getting jitters learning about this ...

-Ijeet
Old 11th January 2023, 13:33   #532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post
Hi All,

Needs some advice on US travel. I am supposed to travel to US next week for 1 week and my passport is expiring in 23rd March. I am getting conflicting info that one can not travel if passport is expiring in 6 months. Are you aware of any rule like this? Its pretty urgent travel and I am getting jitters learning about this ...

-Ijeet
Yes you cannot travel unless 6 bmonths validity is there on passport. Had been in this situation for Europe travel and had to make arrangements.
Old 11th January 2023, 14:05   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Yes you cannot travel unless 6 bmonths validity is there on passport. Had been in this situation for Europe travel and had to make arrangements.
Actually I did more research and Indians are exempt from this 6 months rule. Here is the information from US govt Site. So this is not an issue from US side, not sure how our immigration officers will behave.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...2020220316.pdf
Old 11th January 2023, 14:12   #534
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually I did more research and Indians are exempt from this 6 months rule. Here is the information from US govt Site. So this is not an issue from US side, not sure how our immigration officers will behave.
If you can get a new passport (via Tatkal or something), that would be ideal. You just need to carry the old passport (that has the US visa) along with the new one.
Old 11th January 2023, 14:45   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
If you can get a new passport (via Tatkal or something), that would be ideal. You just need to carry the old passport (that has the US visa) along with the new one.
That would be ideal but there are no appointments available for passports. I am not sure if we can walk in.
Old 14th January 2023, 14:27   #536
BHPian

I am unable to see any dates for tourist visas for Italy.

Not sure if I am doing anything incorrectly here. We were planning to travel to Italy in mid-March. And I wanted to get a visa date before plonking money on the air tickets. The only place that VFS offers it is in Bombay is Mahalaxmi and not BKC anymore. I even tried Ahmedabad, but the results are similar. Also, I could see available dates under Religious or Student category for example.

Any one facing the same issue or I have to go through a agent itself (which I am not a fan of). And this with an experience of doing visas myself for multiple countries, US & UK included, for me and my family members.

Advice for Visas & Interviews-69fc6faa3cc24f0f8381c025f3b408c3.jpeg

Advice for Visas & Interviews-9e05defba6ec4abe82c73292cc92da15.jpeg
Old 16th January 2023, 13:42   #537
BHPian

Quote:

Do let us know your experience after you travel. I am suspecting Indian immigration may take objection.
New York Indian consulate website..FAQ
https://www.indiainnewyork.gov.in/in...NTbWtRcHM1dz09

Q: I am Indian Passport holder and my passport has less then 6 months validity, Can I travel with this passport ?

A. For any international travel Passport Must by valid for minimum 6 months, so you can not travel on this passport.
Old 16th January 2023, 14:53   #538
BHPian

Quote:

I did this though my passport's expiry was just a week under 6 months. Carried a copy of this document but no one really asked anything.
Old 16th January 2023, 17:19   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
Do let us know your experience after you travel. I am suspecting Indian immigration may take objection.
New York Indian consulate website..FAQ
https://www.indiainnewyork.gov.in/in...NTbWtRcHM1dz09

Q: I am Indian Passport holder and my passport has less then 6 months validity, Can I travel with this passport ?

A. For any international travel Passport Must by valid for minimum 6 months, so you can not travel on this passport.

It was too important a trip to miss so I decided to flew down to Bangalore and apply for a Tatkal passport. Did that today and hoping it will turn up day after tomorrow. So a small oversight costed me 30K Plus .

I like to travel stress free and dealing with immigration at Delhi gives me creeps anyway so had to take this route.

-Ijeet
Old 17th January 2023, 14:44   #540
BHPian

Folks has anyone recently attempted to get an appointment for US visa? Are the waiting times indicated on this portal (link) accurate?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks