Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 15:05   #106
BHPian

^^ I agree. If onward and return journey are through Bangalore - Germany, then it will be much cheaper.

But if one travels from Bangalore to Germany, and then from Germany to Prague by Train/Flight, again from Prague to Germany in Train/Flight for return journey to Bangalore, wont it be expensive?
Old 16th November 2009, 16:29   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinsid View Post
^^ I agree. If onward and return journey are through Bangalore - Germany, then it will be much cheaper.

But if one travels from Bangalore to Germany, and then from Germany to Prague by Train/Flight, again from Prague to Germany in Train/Flight for return journey to Bangalore, wont it be expensive?
There are two ways of approaching this.

1. Buy a Lufthansa ticket to Prague from a travel agent. The flight has to go through either Munich or Frankfurt. Ask the travel agent to break the journey at that point.
So for example: Bangalore-Frankfurt - break for 3 days-continue to prague.

Alternatively, he could get a Czech visa and buy a Lufthansa ticket to Prague, go straight to Prague (without German immigration) and break his journey on the way back.

2. Fly to Frankfurt. As mentioned earlier it is best to get a 90 day excursion fare from an airline. It is cheaper if the to and fro flights are from the same destination.

Getting from Frankfurt to Prague would mean either a low cost airline (Easyjet, German Wings, Air Berlin etc.) or by train. Often the train and flight cost almost the same. The journey from Frankfurt to Prague will take at least 8 hours by train I think. Better to take an overnight train instead of losing a day.

You can find more details on Bahn.de
Old 1st December 2009, 14:07   #108
Senior - BHPian

Business Visa to Panama

Dear All,

I need urgent help on Business Visa to Panama.

The process, the visa lead time and the fees. All I could find on the net was the Embassy address.

Please Help!
Old 1st December 2009, 14:16   #109
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you contact the embassy over phone (if phone no available on website).
Old 1st December 2009, 14:39   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
I suggest you contact the embassy over phone (if phone no available on website).
I would normally do that. However, in this case, the numbers mentioned are incorrect and there's no website for them in India.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:47   #111
BHPian

Panama Embassy , India

C-321 Defence Colony
New Delhi
India
Phone:
+91-11-2433-2684
+91-11-2433-5627
Fax:
+91-11-2433-5631
Email:
panaind@bol.net.in

Panama Visa : Application, Requirements. Apply for Panamanian Visas Online.

If you have a US green card or a long term visa, then it seems pretty easy to get a Panama visa (acc to that site)

Got diff numbers on another site -

Panamanian Embassy in New Delhi, India
Embassy of Panama in New Delhi, India
C-321, Defence Colony, New Delhi 110024, India
Phone: (96 11) 464 2518, 462 7890
Fax: (96 11) 464 2350
Old 1st December 2009, 14:50   #112
Senior - BHPian

you can try these

Panama Consulate in Mumbai G.P.O., Mumbai
#32, Churchill Chambers
Shop #7, 1st Floor
Mereweather Road, Boman Behram Marg
Mumbai G.P.O.
Mumbai -400001
022-22870927, 022-22871391
pconsul@vsnl.com

Panama Consulate in Cumbala Hill, Mumbai
Ashiana
1st Floor
Altamount Road
Cumbala Hill
Mumbai -400026

Embassy of Panama in New Delhi, India
C -321, Defence Colony
New Delhi 110024
India
City: New Delhi
Phone: (+91) 11-2433 2684 / 5627
Fax: (+91) 11-2433 5631
Office Hours: 09.00-16.00
Old 15th March 2010, 15:40   #113
BHPian

My company will be processing my German business Visa. Current requirement is that we need to get a hard copy of the letter (fax/email is not allowed). So waiting for the same.

Any tips and advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:11   #114
BHPian

My L1 blanket visa was approved yesterday at Chennai. The Visa Officer told me that he was unable to verify my petition details due to a system problem. He said he would verify the details once the system is up and approve my L1 visa and I should be getting my passport in a week. The thing that I totally forgot about is the I129s form. He did not return a copy to me. Should this be a cause of concern as the visa dept in my company was stressing that the VO should have given the I129s back. I told the department as to what happened and they said, may be they'll send the I129s with the passport. Has anyone here had a similar experience? If yes, could you please tell me if this is something I need to worry about? Thank you in advance.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:03   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicvj View Post
My company will be processing my German business Visa. Current requirement is that we need to get a hard copy of the letter (fax/email is not allowed). So waiting for the same.

Any tips and advice is appreciated. Thanks.
If this your first Schengen visa, then you had best be extra careful.

Yes, you will need the actual letter of invitation to apply. In addition you will definitely need your salary slips for the past 3 months. You might need your bank statements too.
Your company will need to announce who will take care of you during your stay in Germany. This should preferably be from the inviting partner,

" [FONT=Tahoma]According to §§66 until §§68 of the German residence authorization laws, ________________________________ confirms to take over all costs of accommodation, meals, transportation and medical care." [/FONT]

Make you you get a biometrically acceptable photo from a good studio. The Germans are sticklers for precision.

Since your company they will have an agent who will take care of most of this stuff. You will have to go in person though.

Good luck.
Old 8th April 2010, 14:32   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
If this your first Schengen visa, then you had best be extra careful.

Yes, you will need the actual letter of invitation to apply. In addition you will definitely need your salary slips for the past 3 months. You might need your bank statements too.
Your company will need to announce who will take care of you during your stay in Germany. This should preferably be from the inviting partner,

" [FONT=Tahoma]According to §§66 until §§68 of the German residence authorization laws, ________________________________ confirms to take over all costs of accommodation, meals, transportation and medical care." [/FONT]

Make you you get a biometrically acceptable photo from a good studio. The Germans are sticklers for precision.

Since your company they will have an agent who will take care of most of this stuff. You will have to go in person though.

Good luck.
not sure if these rules are new, but three years back when my company applied for my schengen it was easy, I gave all the documents, salary slips were not needed but they wanted last 3 yrs IT return proof, also I did not have to go to the consulate, my company got it done, from some agent I suppose.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:59   #117
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got an experience of getting a UK Visa from Bangalore? I guess there is a way to get an online appointment but i was suggested by the travel desk to land up there at 8 AM. Its at cunningham road i suppose
Appreciate if some folks who have done this can reply
Old 13th August 2010, 15:16   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Has anyone got an experience of getting a UK Visa from Bangalore? I guess there is a way to get an online appointment but i was suggested by the travel desk to land up there at 8 AM. Its at cunningham road i suppose
Appreciate if some folks who have done this can reply
Yes, online facility for appointment is available. But advice from your travel desk is a better option. Go there by 7:45 and stand in the queue. Make sure you don't carry your laptop as they wont allow you inside with it.

Its not near Cunnigham road, its near Shivajinagar bus station.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:20   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellwratH View Post
My L1 blanket visa was approved yesterday at Chennai. The Visa Officer told me that he was unable to verify my petition details due to a system problem. He said he would verify the details once the system is up and approve my L1 visa and I should be getting my passport in a week. The thing that I totally forgot about is the I129s form. He did not return a copy to me. Should this be a cause of concern as the visa dept in my company was stressing that the VO should have given the I129s back. I told the department as to what happened and they said, may be they'll send the I129s with the passport. Has anyone here had a similar experience? If yes, could you please tell me if this is something I need to worry about? Thank you in advance.
I think they would need I129 as it has details of your L1 petition approval. Wait for your passport to arrive or else you can contact the consulate and ask them to return. During all my L1 travels, I havent been asked to show I129 but its good to have this document along with you, just in case somebody asks.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:20   #120
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Yes, online facility for appointment is available. But advice from your travel desk is a better option. Go there by 7:45 and stand in the queue. Make sure you don't carry your laptop as they wont allow you inside with it.

Its not near Cunnigham road, its near Shivajinagar bus station.
Thanks deepak, by what time do we expect to get over? Another thing- how many days do they take to issue the visa?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks