Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh View Post
You mean there will be NO issue ...
Yes!

Sorry about the typo!
Old 14th November 2008, 13:34   #77
Team-BHP Support

How complicated is it for someone having L2 visa to get a Tourist visa.
The said person has visited states once already and was back much before I-94 expiry
Old 17th March 2009, 22:22   #78
BHPian

USA H1 and L1 visa query

Hi, I have heard US consulate is very strict on issuing new or reissue of H1 and L1 visa. lot of cases being rejected. Is that true ? Did anyone at Team BHP faced this issue. Kindly share.

Mods can you please move this to right section if not already?

Last edited by aah78 : 17th March 2009 at 22:46. Reason: Moved. A VISA's not really a Gadget or Software! :)
Old 17th March 2009, 22:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

in my firm, almost all H1's get in. the interview is almost a formality. on the other hand , the L1's ( or is it L2?) are much harder, and no one i know has cleared it so far
Old 17th March 2009, 22:35   #80
Senior - BHPian

L1 is an intra company transfer and "technically" you cannot work out of a client location but your USA office. On an H1, one can work out of the client location based on your LCA. Also, H4 and L2 are dependent visas. L2 can work where as H4 cannot.

If you work for a major IT company, the chances are you'll get a visa, unless you are working for Satyam. It would be a little difficult for satyamites to get a US visa. Folks working for USA IT co's have a good time at the interviews. Mere formality.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

@ Greeen horn: Your's is an Individual petition or a Blanket L1?
Old 17th March 2009, 22:42   #81
Team-BHP Support

I got L1 easily, ditto for my wife who got L2. I guess US based companies get it easily
Old 17th March 2009, 22:48   #82
Senior - BHPian

blanket i guess. i'm in one of them huge (top 3 ish) indian IT shops. I lost the lottery, so hakuna matata

but a lot of senior folks tried for L2, none of them got past the interview.On the other hand, my batchmates who went for H1 were simply asked their names, what time it was , and send back with the visa stamped

Last edited by greenhorn : 17th March 2009 at 22:51.
Old 17th March 2009, 23:03   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
blanket i guess. i'm in one of them huge (top 3 ish) indian IT shops. I lost the lottery, so hakuna matata

but a lot of senior folks tried for L2, none of them got past the interview.On the other hand, my batchmates who went for H1 were simply asked their names, what time it was , and send back with the visa stamped
Oye Mr. Green smilie, L2 is dependent visa sir. They must have tried for L1. L1 is a little difficult to get as it is for the managerial category or as in their language specialized knowledge staff. You can say that a project Manager can apply for an L1 where as his team would go on H1. The biggest disappointment is that you cannot change your job while you are on L1 abroad where as you can get your H1 transferred in the USA and switch jobs. This is one tip I used to give to my SE's who used to come to me for visa briefing!
Old 18th March 2009, 00:05   #84
BHPian

Anyone know about Canadian tourist visas, how does that work?
Old 18th March 2009, 00:42   #85
BHPian

Canada Visa :
From India, as far as I remember, you need to send documents to Canadian Consulate in New Delhi, and they will call you for interview if required.
Any travel agent will do it for you.

From the US, you can go to any Canadian Consulates and apply for visa. You should get it on the same day. Charges are $75 for single entry and $150 for multiple entry (upto 5 years)

More info here : Canada Visa
Old 18th March 2009, 00:49   #86
BHPian

Have been planning a trip to Chile. Thinking of going in the October last week this year or so.

Can anyone tell me what are the requirements to get Chile visa? Although many websites give the required documents needed etc, I have heard that Chilean consulate officers are quite choosy about giving visa.

Any tips/tricks to get it done? I am planning to apply for Chile visa in Consulate in New York City.

Also, are there any special permits required to visit Easter Island, once I get Chile visa ?

Last edited by abhijitaparadh : 18th March 2009 at 00:52.
Old 18th March 2009, 10:22   #87
BHPian

Reason I have asked about H1 and L1 due to recent changes in USA. I have L1 and B1 stamped in my Passport and H1 petition is approved, but my consultant based out of US is not giving me papers as he said lot of cases are being getting rejected in India. not sure if they (consulate) is looking for soemthing special.
Old 18th March 2009, 12:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Reason I have asked about H1 and L1 due to recent changes in USA. I have L1 and B1 stamped in my Passport and H1 petition is approved, but my consultant based out of US is not giving me papers as he said lot of cases are being getting rejected in India. not sure if they (consulate) is looking for soemthing special.
Given the current market scenario, it is advisable that you stay away from getting a H1 visa stamped in your passport. They would first cancel the L1 visa while they approve the H1 as one cannot hold 2 work visas together. I am not too sure what would be the chances of getting an H1 given the current market conditions. Also, I am assuming that you would be applying at the New Delhi Consulate. They are quite nice people as compared to people working at Chennai Consulate!
Old 26th March 2009, 11:11   #89
BHPian

What I heard is also similar to what amtak said. Now H1 is more difficult, L1 blanket also little tough while L1 individual (L2 for dependants) are easier. For US cos it is much easier.

I got my L1 (L2s for wife and kid), without any hassle. After all mine is a pure and leading US financial advisory co and they never rejected a visa .

Last edited by redfire : 26th March 2009 at 11:13.
Old 27th March 2009, 11:18   #90
BHPian

One of my friend travelling on its old H1 (although for the first time on H1), during mid April 15. I heard from some friends in US, that immigration agents at port of entry are making troubles at this point. They are calling the client and asking the details of employment etc.
Does anyone went on H1 during March or any one planning to move now, Please share the experience. What precautions we have to take along with docs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks