Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2013, 10:04   #181
Team-BHP Support

re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
I was at Chennai US consulate last week and observed some folks begging with the interviewer to let them through. Needless to say they were rejected. Come on guys. US not not some other worldly place.
People use that begging technique because it works or expected in India. Even in business world, if you are small firm approaching a big firm as a vendor, they expect you literally grovel in front of them.
Old 21st January 2013, 10:43   #182
BHPian

To add to this. I have experienced getting VISA approved for my parents in 2009.
I was in US at that time and prepared all the documents for them and it went through fine.
1) Bought a land in my mothers name to support ASSET clause
The interview medium was our mother tongue and no there was no issues luckily.

Anyone needs any help/information I can help providing them.
Note: It was prepared in 2009 and some stuffs would have got updated/changed so verify site for latest.
Old 21st January 2013, 11:01   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
1) Bought a land in my mothers name to support ASSET clause
Where does one specify the Asset? I was never asked, nor do I remember any place in the application to specify the same.

My B1 application was rejected last year with no apparent reason. As per friends, the odds were against me since I am single and was just a month into a new job, that too for a small company. Now, I have a home in my name and I suppose I it would add some weight-age to my case when I might be asked to retry sometime later this year.
Old 21st January 2013, 12:03   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Where does one specify the Asset? I was never asked, nor do I remember any place in the application to specify the same.

My B1 application was rejected last year with no apparent reason. As per friends, the odds were against me since I am single and was just a month into a new job, that too for a small company. Now, I have a home in my name and I suppose I it would add some weight-age to my case when I might be asked to retry sometime later this year.
No There is no section in application talks about assets. It one of the supporting documents you need to produce during visa interview to showcase that the petitioner has enough reasons to come back and the visa is for the actual purpose intended.

These documents can be produced when they ask " How can i be sure that you will come back after 3/6 months?"

1) Sale deeds of assets
2) Bank balance sheet
3) house document etc...

Need to insist while answering that one is going for a vacation and tour US and I do not have a plan or situation to stay back.

hope this helps!

Thanks,
Old 12th March 2013, 20:09   #185
BHPian

Urgent - UK VFS PUNE: Forgot things with security

Hello All,

My father applied for UK visa for him and mom today at UK vfs in Pune.

He was carrying Tata Photon dongle and a 8Gb USB drive which he had to deposit with security.

He forgot to collect the same on coming back and is back in Solapur now. He is planing to go back to pune tomorrow again to collect it.
Retired man with senior citizen discount with all the time on the planet?

He of course would try to contact VFS number tomorrow. But is there any way out?

I told him to forget about it but he is keen on the USB which contains the photos of his get together with school mates after 40 yrs of leaving school. He just won't agree. I would have personally been happy to get rid of photon as it sux.

ANyways, would Pune UK VFS courier it to home and we pay the courier charges? I just wan't dad not to travel some 600km if possible.

Grateful for your suggestions.

Rgds.
Old 12th March 2013, 22:25   #186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Urgent - UK VFS PUNE: Forgot things with security

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Hello All,

My father applied for UK visa for him and mom today at UK vfs in Pune.

He was carrying Tata Photon dongle and a 8Gb USB drive which he had to deposit with security.

He forgot to collect the same on coming back and is back in Solapur now. He is planing to go back to pune tomorrow again to collect it.
Retired man with senior citizen discount with all the time on the planet?

He of course would try to contact VFS number tomorrow. But is there any way out?

I told him to forget about it but he is keen on the USB which contains the photos of his get together with school mates after 40 yrs of leaving school. He just won't agree. I would have personally been happy to get rid of photon as it sux.

ANyways, would Pune UK VFS courier it to home and we pay the courier charges? I just wan't dad not to travel some 600km if possible.

Grateful for your suggestions.

Rgds.
If this is the center at Kalyani Nagar, I can collect it from you (if they agree to give it me).
Please call them up and find out if they really have it still with them.
Old 13th March 2013, 01:37   #187
BHPian

Has any one heard of a case in which H4 visa was granted to adopted child?

I am not able to find a single post in murthy immigration forum or indian immigration forum. Tried googling but that also didnt help.
I found information on US immigration website that H4 is generally granted to adopted child after 2 years of custody period is completed. So wanted to know if any one has experience or heard from somebody that they were successfull in getting visa for adoptive child.
Old 9th April 2013, 11:59   #188
BHPian

Can someone post their L1B (Blanket) Visa interview experiences please? I am due for an interview and tips/advise to clear the interview are well appreciated. May be a list of Do's and Dont's at the Vias Interview.
Old 29th April 2013, 11:01   #189
Senior - BHPian

Anyone applied for B1 recently? I wanted to know what is the rejection rate these days. My company is planning to apply for my visa again.
Old 30th April 2013, 17:32   #190
BANNED

Need Philippines Tourist Visa assistance

Hey Guys

I am travelling to the Philippines next month. I checked with a few travel agencies like TC and travelday etc and they are demanding preposterous list of documents not listed on the Philippines embassy site. Like 3 years IT returns proof and last 6 months bank statement etc. The embassy site (http://www.newdelhipe.com/basic-visa-requirement.html) does not list any of these documents as required. And I am vary of these crooks who collect private and personal information only to sell it to marketing database builders or what not. When I went to TH, all I showed was my TCs return ticket and travel itinerary.

Anyone obtained a Philippines Tourist Visa before without submitting these documents?

There are conflicting articles about VISA requirements for Indians

The following articles says I could be eligible for visa free arrival since I hold a US B1 visa and have traveled abroad already

http://www.phindia.info/indians-with...ilippines.html

http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg...ajacssuk-visa/

But the following article says it has been suspended for Indians and Pakistani's. (What are the updates on VUAP?)

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?...=329&Itemid=80

So I just want to play safe. Worst case scenario - I would like to go the consulate myself and apply. Has anybody made a personal appearance to the Philippines consulate in Chennai and obtained a Visa? Can you folks enlighten me on the document requirements and practical procedures?

I plan to go the following Tuesday.

Thanks in Advance.

--R

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th April 2013 at 20:26. Reason: Please type full coutry names, thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 18:15   #191
BHPian

Dubai-Oman Visa - Help

Hi,

I'm traveling on work to Dubai and Oman in September. Should be a 20 day Dubai and 3 days Oman trip.

I will be flying from Bangalore. I dont have issues with the Dubai visa, but since I would be doing Oman from Dubai., there is a lot of confusion on obtaining a Oman Visa. I'm ok with doing either BLR-Oman-DXB-BLR or BLR-DXB-Oman-BLR .

I have tried speaking to Travel agents/Emirates/Oman air etc. The fair idea I have got is that, i can fly to Dubai and then exit to Oman, where I would need to arrange a visa from a Hotel and then exit from Oman to Bangalore.

Kindly help on how I can go about it. Any references of agents/hotels who can help with the Oman visa bit ?

Note : I tried searching for a related thread, couldn't find one, hence starting one, Mods, pls merge if there is an existing thread on the subject.
Old 29th August 2013, 06:34   #192
BHPian

I don't see why that would be a problem. Hotel or business you going to in Oman could do a visa for you. You need to inform them which flight you coming by for them to deposit the visa at airport. It maybe different if you are driving from dubai
Old 29th August 2013, 13:41   #193
Senior - BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

My cousin's US tourist visa (B1) was denied recently.
I had warned him not to provide his uncle's details, but it was too late. He had already submitted the form.
So, basically, his uncle was calling him to US for a couple of months and would pay for all his expenses. Cousin is just out of college and not employed anywhere. His father has property in his name and my cousin is the only child.

Perhaps the odds were in his favour, but I had a feeling that no matter what property document he shows and despite being the only child, his application would be rejected simply because he has an uncle who might have resources to keep him in the US for a long time.

Fact that the applicant did not have a proper full time job here further affected his chances.

Any analysis from others on this?
Old 29th August 2013, 13:49   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj1008 View Post
I don't see why that would be a problem. Hotel or business you going to in Oman could do a visa for you. You need to inform them which flight you coming by for them to deposit the visa at airport. It maybe different if you are driving from dubai
Thanks. Checked and found that Hotels are not providing visas in Oman it seems.

Im going for some fresh client calls, so doubtful if Ill be able to get any of them to do my visa.

Any alternative ?
Old 29th August 2013, 14:04   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
My cousin's US tourist visa (B1) was denied recently.
I had warned him not to provide his uncle's details, but it was too late. He had already submitted the form.
So, basically, his uncle was calling him to US for a couple of months and would pay for all his expenses. Cousin is just out of college and not employed anywhere. His father has property in his name and my cousin is the only child.

Perhaps the odds were in his favour, but I had a feeling that no matter what property document he shows and despite being the only child, his application would be rejected simply because he has an uncle who might have resources to keep him in the US for a long time.

Fact that the applicant did not have a proper full time job here further affected his chances.

Any analysis from others on this?
Not sure what could be the reasons for rejection. I don't think it should matter if you have relatives in the US. The Visa officer is trained enough to understand the person from his answers or body language and base his decision on that.

Also, you can submit as many DS-160's as possible, so even if he had submitted a DS-160, he could have created another one with modifiied details, in fact the earlier one could be used to pre-fetch information in the new DS-160. You can even change the DS-160 after you have scheduled your appointment. You just have to tell them during your VAC appointment (where you give your fingerprints and photo). They will ask the reason and change the DS-160 to use for the interview the next day.

Most Viewed