Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2016, 15:13   #271
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
I was asked for my CV, which I did not have.
Understandably the VO retained my passport and said I will be contacted to complete some administrative processes.
Sent the information a week ago but no reply yet nor is the tracking enabled.
Any ideas how long this takes ?
What is the purpose of retaining the passport ?
It basically means that the Visa applicant has failed to convince the Visa Officer of his / her intentions ( i.e. non-immigrant nature of the visa application ).
The officer then has the prerogative to request for more information from the applicant so that a decision can be made either way.
Administrative Processing cannot be tracked, your only option is to keep tabs on the status until it changes.
Online, you can find people who have had their Administrative Processing last for up to 6 months !
In my case, my Administrative Processing lasted for exactly 10 days, I guess they hold the passport back in case they decide to issue the Visa.

Last edited by im_srini : 5th August 2016 at 15:14.
Old 16th August 2016, 22:06   #272
BHPian

UK Work Permit: Can someone obtain a work permit even if their spouse does not have a valid passport

Guys,

Need your help urgently on this query. Please help in any way you can.

A friend of mine is going to travel to UK very soon on a work permit.

However, her husband does not hold an Indian passport at this time.

They are not going to be filing for a dependent Visa for the husband at this time ,obviously, since he doesn't even hold a passport.

The big question is, can the wife still get a UK Work Permit? She holds a valid Indian passport, and all other documentation is in order.

Please help. All UK help lines are closed at this hour and we have not been able to find any references online regarding this issue.

Thanks in advance, cheers!
Old 16th August 2016, 22:31   #273
Team-BHP Support

Re: UK Work Permit: Can someone obtain a work permit even if their spouse does not have a valid pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post

The big question is, can the wife still get a UK Work Permit? She holds a valid Indian passport, and all other documentation is in order.
Yes she can get work permit, in future if her husband want's to travel on dependent visa, that time it can be added. It is a very normal thing, how do you think people who get married later take dependents.

In short she just needs to provide proof of marriage like a certificate of marriage to show proof.
Old 16th August 2016, 22:40   #274
BHPian

Re: UK Work Permit: Can someone obtain a work permit even if their spouse does not have a valid pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Yes she can get work permit, in future if her husband want's to travel on dependent visa, that time it can be added. It is a very normal thing, how do you think people who get married later take dependents.

In short she just needs to provide proof of marriage like a certificate of marriage to show proof.
Jaggu Sir, you've just saved some very anxious people from a tremendous amount of stress. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much.

So a marriage certificate will be proof enough you say? As per the Visa application website, the field for the spouse passport is mandatory. I'm guessing it can be left as "Not Applicable" at this time?

They are just getting fed up filling in the details, the site is asking all sorts of questions about mom and dad and their places of birth, so and so forth. Not just that, it seems if a previous passport expired, that needs to be presented as well. Do you have any idea about that sir?

Once again, I thank you on behalf of my close friends. We tried scouring the internet but we didn't get any response for this question. And then, there is Team Bhp!
Old 17th August 2016, 10:25   #275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
So a marriage certificate will be proof enough you say? As per the Visa application website, the field for the spouse passport is mandatory. I'm guessing it can be left as "Not Applicable" at this time?
Yes for now it can be mentioned as Not applicable.

Quote:
They are just getting fed up filling in the details, the site is asking all sorts of questions about mom and dad and their places of birth, so and so forth. Not just that, it seems if a previous passport expired, that needs to be presented as well. Do you have any idea about that sir?
Yes please present the old passport also, you can just staple the cover pages back to back, which is standard process.
Old 17th August 2016, 19:16   #276
BHPian

Me and my wife are "planning" to go to the US in 2017. Haven't decided on the dates though, but maybe around April/May.
Now, if you fill up the DS-160 it asks you for the dates and other specific details. Can we apply for the B2 visa much earlier than the travel dates and decide later?
Just want to ensure that if at all we plan to go, visa should not create a problem at the end. Wanted your opinion on this. TIA!
P.S. My B2 visa was rejected once when I was unmarried, around 5 years back.
Old 18th August 2016, 14:36   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Me and my wife are "planning" to go to the US in 2017. Haven't decided on the dates though, but maybe around April/May.
Now, if you fill up the DS-160 it asks you for the dates and other specific details. Can we apply for the B2 visa much earlier than the travel dates and decide later?
Just want to ensure that if at all we plan to go, visa should not create a problem at the end. Wanted your opinion on this. TIA!
If you have had any visa application rejected anytime, that automatically makes the next attempts tougher.
Suggest that you read up on various dedicated immigration forums on this.
Old 18th August 2016, 14:54   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by verma_rahul View Post
Too early to apply now. However, if you have confirmed air tickets with detailed itinerary, you may be able to convince the visa officer. However, it is important to understand why your first attempt was a failure. Do you have any immediate relatives settled in US? It is important to prove your intent to return to India to Visa Officer. Strong ties back home, aged parents, etc., may help prove this intention.
Old 19th August 2016, 16:52   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If you have had any visa application rejected anytime, that automatically makes the next attempts tougher.
I don't think that should considered as a rule of thumb. Many people from my office including myself had our B1 rejected in the first attempt but all of us got it in the second attempt fairly easily. My second interview in fact, lasted less than 30 seconds.
Old 24th August 2016, 23:01   #280
BHPian

Want help relating to US B1/B2 Visa.

My company wants me to get a business B1/B2 visa (which are valid for multiple entries for 10 years, I guess), to visit clients and attend business meetings. Of-course they will be providing me all the documents that they need to provide me with and also be paying for the Visa. What other documents do i require? More specifically do I require to submit any Tax related documents?

My current situation for better understanding - I have been working in this current company for little over a year now. Before this, I was running a business which made heavy loss for many years. So did not do any kind of tax related submissions for the last few years. Closed the company last year and joined this company as manager. Have the 2015-16 year's Form 16 from this company.

I have a passport which i renewed only about 6 months ago, my old passport and ID's issued by Indian government. My company would provide me with invite and other letters. What else would I require?
Old 24th August 2016, 23:20   #281
BHPian

Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
What other documents do i require? More specifically do I require to submit any Tax related documents?
You will need three years of IT returns or form 16. You can still try with just the one year if this was the first year or returns filing, which I doubt in your case. Give it a shot anyway, good luck.
Old 28th August 2016, 21:07   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
What other documents do i require? More specifically do I require to submit any Tax related documents?
Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
You will need three years of IT returns or form 16. You can still try with just the one year if this was the first year or returns filing, which I doubt in your case. Give it a shot anyway, good luck.
I don't remember submitting tax related documents when applying for B1. I suggest you go through a good travel agent since filling the application yourself is a tedious process.
Old 28th August 2016, 22:15   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
I don't remember submitting tax related documents when applying for B1.
Current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets.

At the following link
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-typeb1b2.asp
Old 29th August 2016, 06:08   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets.

At the following link
These IT papers are not required to be submitted but may be used to prove to the visa officer, your intention to come back to India due to employment here in India. Same applies to property documents too.
Old 29th August 2016, 07:52   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
I applied for a US B1/B2 visa. (.....) and the countries I visited in the last 10 years. I attached the former 2 but I could only recollect some part of the countries I visited in the last 10 years and mentioned that the information is in the passport that they have and I do not have the information elsewhere. Sent the information a week ago but no reply yet nor is the tracking enabled.
If you have a linkedin profile you could just have shown him that during the interview and he'd mostly have been ok with it.

They are reasonably flexible if you appear professional enough to them.

If you have travelled extensively over 10 years to forget the number of countries you've visited - especially other developed countries (Europe, Australia etc) then you shouldn't face a significant problem. But that is a cross check they are carrying out, which means - if you had replied "I don't remember the full list, but I was in Australia last month, and Canada in February, France in August 2015 .." then they'd be quite happy..

Essentially I think they sometimes test for whether you've just turned up with a random passport that has fake stamps applied on it. Any seal making shop can produce such stamps for Rs.100 so that is a decent check.

Quote:

At the following link
The fun part is - the first few US B1s you get will be single entry before they start issuing multiple entry visas for 6 months, a year etc. The jackpot is when you get a 10 year B1.

And then - if you once get a 10 year B1, travel regularly on it, and then have to renew it - they will often automatically renew without taking any additional tax return, invitation letter etc documents.

I had gone to the submission center in Chennai with a thick sheaf of xerox copies, all they took were my passport, photo and biometrics.

Got my second 10 year B1 in another three days by courier.

Last edited by hserus : 29th August 2016 at 07:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks