Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2018, 23:53   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
But on a friend's recommendation, visited the Thomas Cook main branch and they accepted my application and got the visa processed in 3 days flat.
You might know this but if you have a PR friend in Singapore he/she can apply your visa online, it is electronic and you get it in 24 hours.
Old 18th January 2019, 15:14   #377
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Friends

We (2 adults and 2 kids) are planning on visiting Canada (my SIL is a resident now) in May - June respectively.

I have booked my onward journey tickets and hoping to get some discounts for return tickets from Toronto to Mumbai in first week June '19.

I have a letter from my SIL that we are traveling and will stay with her and expenses will be borne by us etc., since I haven't started the visa application process, need to know how I should go about the same.

How soon is visa granted and should I use a travel agent to simplify matters for hassle free visa process?
Old 18th January 2019, 15:35   #378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post

I have booked my onward journey tickets and hoping to get some discounts for return tickets from Toronto to Mumbai in first week June '19.

I have a letter from my SIL that we are traveling and will stay with her and expenses will be borne by us etc., since I haven't started the visa application process, need to know how I should go about the same.

If you are Young family visiting to a known relative in place like Canada, chances are they will not allow you to clear immigration on a One way ticket when you land in Toronto. Besides, mostly One-Way tickets are expensive on this sector. You don't need to attach copy of tickets or hotel bookings for a tourist visa for Canada. I don't think travel agents can help on visa for Canada as you need to apply directly with VFS. It's a simple process though for someone having a relative can sometimes be a deterrent as there are chances that you can stay there and not return, so you need to show funds and property papers or some assets here in India. They are mostly not worried about your expenses in Canada on a Tourist visa. If you get the visa, better you book your return ticket before starting your trip.
Old 18th January 2019, 18:16   #379
BHPian

Re: UK Visa: Consequences of Not straightforward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Hello all,

I had recently applied for 2 year UK Visit visa. Application was well supported with documentation including invitation by organisation, flight and hotel booking confirmations etc apart from regular documents. This being 5th UK Visa application, I was pretty confident of getting it in 5 days under priority.

GOt a surprise in the form of following mail

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we have been unable to make a decision on your application within this internal customer service target. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this expected date.

Few questions on this

1. For a priority application, after this, how many more days they would require to decide on Visa

2. I sense from net based search that this comment usually leads to Visa refusal. Is it so in reality?

3. With 5. something GBP per mail or 1.something GBP per minute for assistance, all that is offered is general guidance on navigating the website visa4uk. Is there anyway of checking with Consulate what is exactly the matter.

4. I had applied for processing the application in Mumbai Consulate. Why am I getting above mail from Chennai Consulate.

Thanks in advnace.
Apologies since my reply is extremely late, but did you get your Visa.

From what I’ve learnt, you never apply for a long term visit visa (greater than 6 months) unless you have a genuine reason to visit the UK that often.

This happened to me as well. I had lived in the UK for over 2 years on a student visa, travelled 4 more times for visit and then on the 5th time, even though I applied for 6 months (the minimum), they granted me for 2 years without charging me extra. This was in June 2018.

Now I have no reason to goto the UK

However for my friend, similar UK travel history. Had to goto UK for an exam, applied for 5years long term visa, received a similar mail and then a refusal.

Last edited by drhoneycake : 18th January 2019 at 18:18.
Old 18th January 2019, 22:38   #380
BHPian

My family had our H1/H4 visas stamped towards end of 2017. I have since then travelled to US. My wife and kid are planning to join me by April of this year. One of my friends happened to mention that H4 visa requires that the visa holder should make an entry in US within one year of stamping. Since my wife and kid has not entered US since their visas were stamped in 2017, I am confused about what to do. I have not found any mention of such a rule anywhere else. Can anyone here shed some light on existence of any such rule?
Old 19th January 2019, 13:11   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Friends

We (2 adults and 2 kids) are planning on visiting Canada (my SIL is a resident now) in May - June respectively.

How soon is visa granted and should I use a travel agent to simplify matters for hassle free visa process?
I applied for a Canadian visa online in March 2018. I had same scenario as yours where my uncle gave me a invitation letter as he is Canadian citizen. I didn't attach any travel tickets. Just gave travel itinerary in the online process along with other proofs. Got a visitor visa till March 2020. Just one advice, they take long time to process all the documents and the advertised time in just indicator.

I feel you can apply online instead of paying a travel agent as the process is simple. Some rules may have changed from Jan 2019 but it is a straight forward process.
Old 19th January 2019, 22:15   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst89 View Post
I applied for a Canadian visa online in March 2018. I had same scenario as yours where my uncle gave me a invitation letter as he is Canadian citizen. I didn't attach any travel tickets. Just gave travel itinerary in the online process along with other proofs. Got a visitor visa till March 2020. Just one advice, they take long time to process all the documents and the advertised time in just indicator.

I feel you can apply online instead of paying a travel agent as the process is simple. Some rules may have changed from Jan 2019 but it is a straight forward process.

Thanks RST89

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/how_to_apply.html

I found the above link - is this the correct one.

Regards
S
Old 19th January 2019, 22:21   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks RST89

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/how_to_apply.html

I found the above link - is this the correct one.

Regards
S
Yes, the link is correct. Go with the second option of E application. As you can see, they have now introduced biometrics even for visitor or temporary visa. Have a good scanner app and you are good for the online application.
Old 20th January 2019, 20:16   #384
Senior - BHPian

Dear all

May i know the process of applying for Dubai tourist Visa for 1 week duration. The said applicant is Indian National and doesn't have any US Visa. Is Visa on arrival still possible ? What is the fee for such Visa and if the Visa can be applied online ?
Old 20th January 2019, 20:27   #385
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
May i know the process of applying for Dubai tourist Visa for 1 week duration. The said applicant is Indian National and doesn't have any US Visa. Is Visa on arrival still possible ? What is the fee for such Visa and if the Visa can be applied online ?
Please see the UAE/Dubai Holiday thread, it has details of the process or visit this site .

One can apply online through the airline for example Emirates once you have booked the air tickets, costs about Rs.6000 per person.

Last edited by NPV : 20th January 2019 at 20:39.
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:35   #386
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Please see the UAE/Dubai Holiday thread, it has details of the process or visit this site .

One can apply online through the airline for example Emirates once you have booked the air tickets, costs about Rs.6000 per person.
One of my friend who is a agriculturist hasn't filed any IT returns for the last 3 years. His wife who is a working professional has IT returns in order.

Can they go as a family in a tourist visa to Dubai or will it get declined?

(This is their 1st overseas trip)
Old 23rd January 2019, 15:44   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
One of my friend who is a agriculturist hasn't filed any IT returns for the last 3 years. His wife who is a working professional has IT returns in order.

Can they go as a family in a tourist visa to Dubai or will it get declined?

(This is their 1st overseas trip)
There is no requirement to provide IT returns, when applying for a UAE Visa.

The easiest way is to book their trip using Emirates. You can then apply for the visa directly through the Emirates website. At the max, they may ask for your bank statements.
Old 23rd January 2019, 23:08   #388
Senior - BHPian

Since its has been a while, can anyone walk me through the US B2 Visa OFC and consulate interview? Just a quick overview is enough.

This is for my mother, all set with appointments. Will be nice to see a step by step process at the OFC and consulate.
Old 31st January 2019, 09:03   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Since its has been a while, can anyone walk me through the US B2 Visa OFC and consulate interview? Just a quick overview is enough.

This is for my mother, all set with appointments. Will be nice to see a step by step process at the OFC and consulate.
I know about the process in Hyderabad and Chennai. It differs from place to place if you need a step by step process. Where is the interview scheduled?
Old 9th February 2019, 01:03   #390
BHPian

Re: UK Visa: Consequences of Not straightforward

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Apologies since my reply is extremely late, but did you get your Visa.

From what I’ve learnt, you never apply for a long term visit visa (greater than 6 months) unless you have a genuine reason to visit the UK that often.

This happened to me as well. I had lived in the UK for over 2 years on a student visa, travelled 4 more times for visit and then on the 5th time, even though I applied for 6 months (the minimum), they granted me for 2 years without charging me extra. This was in June 2018.

Now I have no reason to goto the UK

However for my friend, similar UK travel history. Had to goto UK for an exam, applied for 5years long term visa, received a similar mail and then a refusal.
I did get the visa for 2 years.

You ought to be lucky having been given extended duration UK Visa in-spite of applying for shorter duration visa.

I had this on 2 occasions. Once when I was renewing C1D, I was gifted B1/B2 for free and then other time I applied for 7 days schengen but was given 5 years duration instead.

However in both theses cases, the Visa fees did not change as per the validity period of the visa and hence getting higher validity UK Visa is real gift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks