Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2008, 12:29   #1
Team-BHP Support

Getting an Austin 7 on the Uni Roof - and other car pranks

Dang! i have always wanted to do or be part of a group doing this:
Getting an Austin 7 on the Uni Roof - and other car pranks-cambridgecar404_683078c.jpg

Name:  cambridgecar3404_683076c.jpg
Views: 2656
Size:  25.2 KB

Getting an Austin 7 on the Uni Roof - and other car pranks-cambridgecar2404_683077c.jpg

It is a mystery that has long baffled undergraduates and university historians alike - how did students get an Austin Seven car onto the roof of Cambridge University's Senate House in June 1958? more Cambridge University's 1958 car on roof prank secrets revealed - Telegraph
Old 29th June 2008, 12:44   #2
BHPian

Ajmat.. that is a nice thing for a summer project...
Old 30th June 2008, 02:05   #3
Team-BHP Support

Fun stuff.

Something similar was done at MIT. They have a whole bunch of pranks like this that they call "hacks".

Read about the car or the roof, or other hacks @ IHTFP Hack Gallery: CP Car on the Great Dome

cya
R
Old 30th June 2008, 02:20   #4
BHPian

WOW!! Where there's a will there's a way.

In my office they took 4 weeks for the putting the Citi bank ATM dish back on top, which had fallen off from the building due to heavy rain few days back )
Old 1st July 2008, 15:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

Great find. Sheer willpower to do that and i feel they should have left the car there
Old 5th July 2008, 11:31   #6
Team-BHP Support

The Car Swap

My colleague AK was hard-working night bird who liked playing pranks and not vice versa. Eicher had a policy of foisting dilapidated DL reg cars on its employees and making you feel that it was a gift from god.

On the new financial year, he was to take on a nearly new 800 AC from a perceived genius who was left due to "performance issues. AK's habit was to come in at 11 and leave at 11pm. All those on his project were expected to do the same. They wanted revenge.

A few days earlier, I asked the boss's driver who oversaw the cars to get me a spare key for both cars. He also delayed any early delivery of the car stating repairs.

31st march comes, he forces the team to work till midnight and he leaves, in his "new' car.

1st April, I drive in, open the office, booby trap some of the bottled water with salt! (more on that later). I pick up the old car, drive to his apartment, they automatically open the gates and let me in. I quickly swap his car, and bung the old keys in his letterbox.

12.00 pm - He storms in - " I thought, I left in the new car but I have the old car, I think the ex-employee XXX, has taken it. He had fetched his post and it did not twig that it was unusual that his old car keys was in his letterbox.

Boss was says, am sure you did, the car is not here, he gets flustered, it is stolen, let report it and storms off to the police station.

New car is parked on the street, The gang waiting around it - "April Fool"

He rued that moment, went back office and took a swig of the "booby trapped water"

Double Whammy!!!
Old 5th July 2008, 11:48   #7
Team-BHP Support

Have a seat!!!

Dr Shalini joined our team and because of her Phd, thought too much of herself. She was also not too bad looking so the dirty old men at the top used to indulge her.

Everything was a "gnatak", if she never got her way, tears and drama. If she was enjoying herself, oh boy the racket.

A prime target to April 1st. AK's prank was already news so she knew that something would happen. She used to come in at 9 and rush off at 12 to pick up her daughter, so we had a three hour window.

I studied an M800 in depth and found we could strip the seats in 10 min flat. I had a battery power drill with a spanner bit and a Tata Sierra with tints (i palmed of the 800 to my wife). She has a dilapidated 800 with darkened windows. We discoved any key would open it!

Boss comes in and drools at her and looks at me and says what's up for today ? I, grumpily said, "Not much, but XXX of YYY called with this message" and I handed him a slip of paper " Please take her in the conference room and hold her for 20 min"

Anything for a drool, so he takes her in. We get to work. I open up the car, parked in the street and we power out the bolts. The folks lift out seats. I back up the sierra and dump the seat inside.

Boss hears us back in and releases Dr Shalini. She goes and peer out at her car. Looks normal. She does this every hour. Car looks okay.

At 12, she runs out like Cinderella at the ball, whole office decide on a smoke break at that time. I stay inside. She opens the door and gets in bum first....and then I hear this piercing scream and she comes in and starts hitting me.

"Where are my seats?"

"Don't know !"

Pulls me out

"How will I drive ? "

Tata Sierra is parked nearby, the folks open the rear and say April fool!!!

We pacify her and give her another car.

She enjoyed the attention but not the prank. It is another story that she never lasted long!
Old 5th July 2008, 11:49   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly off topic, but people from Pune will immedeately recall this Morris 8 on the roof of a bungalow in Koregaon park.
Attached Thumbnails
Getting an Austin 7 on the Uni Roof - and other car pranks-sugar01.jpg  

Getting an Austin 7 on the Uni Roof - and other car pranks-sugar02.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks