Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2008, 07:44   #1
Team-BHP Support

Top Gear's James May and Richard Hammond 'may leave' BBC motoring show

The future of Top Gear, the BBC's popular motoring programme, has been thrown into doubt after reports that James May and Richard Hammond may leave the show
more here
Old 5th July 2008, 08:18   #2
Team-BHP Support

IMHO, May and Hammond deserve to be treated in the same status as Clarkson, if that is not the case. They play an equal role in keeping the show what it is now.

Although Clarkson was the main presenter, his jokes are getting repetitive!
Old 5th July 2008, 08:30   #3
BHPian

I thought hammond might replace Clarkson, when the king retires ! but it sure doesn't seem that way. but BBC have to give something extra as he undoubtedly is the star and is senior to both. lets just hope Hammond and James don't go and start sixth gear !!

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th July 2008 at 01:04. Reason: thot = thought. Please type in full words and not SMS language.
Old 5th July 2008, 08:31   #4
BHPian

The show will become boring without those two.
Old 5th July 2008, 12:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

I hope that doesnt happen. The three of them make a great team. If they part I'll miss those special Car Vs other transport type episodes. I dont think Clarkson can carry it off alone.
Old 5th July 2008, 14:31   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As much as I enjoy watching Jeremy on Top Gear, his way of reviewing cars is, well, rubbish. You can't run a car show only on under-the-belt jokes.

Tiff Needell is sorely missed on Top Gear episodes. And now this?
Old 5th July 2008, 14:57   #7

after hammonds crash, the show too a huge beating from the silly public who held it responsible for the road rage and speeding incidents. then top gear tv was switched to BBC2. JC is been doing this for quite a while when he rubbishes cars its only coz he has seen the best and mind you he ain't easy to please.

hammond is a bussinessman, he has his chain of stores nad malls. JC's back is anyway gonna play up again. so pls lets al make the most what he has to ahre. trust me he doesn't care what we think.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Thanks.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th July 2008 at 15:21.
Old 6th July 2008, 03:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Top Gear needs these two as much as it needs JC
Old 7th July 2008, 14:54   #9
BHPian

Seems a little hard to believe that the trio may break up, and that too because May and Hammond are upset with JC's salary! They have always gelled very well on-screen and always come across as a group of college buddies enjoying a laugh and ribbing each other constantly.
Cant quite imagine TG without May and Hammond
Old 7th July 2008, 23:32   #10
BHPian

I can't dare think of watching this show without Richard Hammond's exuberance. What would it be if there is no silliness of his highness helping Jeremy's British jokes? No, it will loose the charm, at least for me.

James May, well I haven't seen many episodes involving him crucially, but I wouldn't dare throw him out of the show just because I am the KING (Read JC)! He is the part of the trio that make the show what it is today.
Old 7th July 2008, 23:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As much as I enjoy watching Jeremy on Top Gear, his way of reviewing cars is, well, rubbish. You can't run a car show only on under-the-belt jokes.

Tiff Needell is sorely missed on Top Gear episodes. And now this?
I totally agree here. While i used to like his earlier editions of the show, lately, he just stands with a car in the studio, and blabs nonsense. I agree some of it is fun, but without actual car testing and stuff going on, the show will collapse. James and richard are given a stepmotherly treatment i feel, and could be the reason for their lack of interest in continuing in the show.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks