Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2005, 19:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

HONDA CITY: quick response needed- Please

Iam back here with my hunt for Honda City. I was waiting for one that had done less than 40K in the odometer. I have come across one that is tempting. Just thought of sharing with you guys & get your expert feedbacks.

HONDA CITY 1.5 EXI
2001 MODEL
LIFE TIME TAX
C.INSURANCE
SINGLE OWNER
SILVER COLOR
55000 KMS DONE WITH COMPLETE SERVICE RECORDS (COMPANY MAINTAINED)
TUBELESS TYRES, ALLOY WHEELS, PIONEER SYSTEM
PRICE-4.25 LAKHS

I was very specific on mileage should be less than 40K. But thought of taking a look based on your suggestions/feedbacks

Last edited by Surprise : 28th February 2005 at 19:39.
Old 28th February 2005, 19:39   #2
RJK
Senior - BHPian

High price considering the age & the kms done IMO
Old 28th February 2005, 19:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

What would be correct price?
What would be the steal price?
Old 28th February 2005, 19:49   #4
Team-BHP Support

not too sure but i fell 3.75 should be a fair deal on this car , if anything more than that then ik would go get a 2001 glxi lancer for 3.25 and spend 50000 mre on it and i m sure it would be much better off than a stock 1.5 city in terms of performance as well as looks .

all the best with your search , do keep us updated ,
manson .
Old 28th February 2005, 20:42   #5
Team-BHP Support

All you from Bombay must understand that cost of cars, accs are more expesive down south. Especially if there's a demand. If I'm not wrong Surprise mentioned few days back that there's a good demand of old CITYs in Chennai.

Hey Surprise, correct me if I'm off track.
Old 28th February 2005, 21:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Rudra is right. Cars down south do command a higher second high price. Dom bought himself a Type 1 Honda City at quite a high price in Bangalore some time back

Dippy
Old 28th February 2005, 22:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

But, you know, these are the sort of prices, 1.5s are commanding in Mumbai too, atleast with used car dealers, bargaining skills not withstanding.
Old 1st March 2005, 09:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
cost of cars, accs are more expesive down south. Especially if there's a demand.
Yes. U R Right.

But you know this a direct customer vehicle. He is trying hard to sell his vehicle for the last 3 weeks. He initially quoted 4.5 lakhs, probably could have checked the prices in the market. He wants to sell it to a direct customer & not able to do so. He has come down in his pricing to 4.15 Lakhs. Still there are not takers.

I bet you, if you give this car to a dealer, he would have sold this nothing less than 4.75 lakhs in a week's time. Dealers would have offered him somewhere around 3.6 lakhs for his car, that might be one of the prime reason the seller is getting down in his price.

Iam getting less attached to this deal because of this higher mileage. I am aware that the mileage does not matter,if the man behind the wheels knows how to handle the vehicle. But low mileage car has become a mental block for me.

I have got the same spec vehicle, without any addional accessories that has done 28000 kms & the final price offered is Rs.4.5 L. Let me wait for somemore time (may be a week's time) & take a decision.
Old 1st March 2005, 10:44   #9
BHPian

Go for the City with 28K on the Odo, but try to get the price down to 4.3l. You can always add on accessories later..... But a word of caution: a car run 28K and driven badly is worse than a car driven 55K and driven well! So please check the condition of the car meticulously....

~Sonic
Old 1st March 2005, 11:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

dude the same city in blore would get 5-5.25. trust me the prices you hear in bombay and delhi are a dream for us from the south, esp. blore. i believe that if you like the car and its 'feel" go ahead and buy it.
its the basice rule of life that onec you buy/sell something immediatelt better offers start poping all around, better prices,better deals etc.etc.
you like something...,it suits your needs and pocket go ahead an get it..after all you are paying for your satisfaction not for some one sitting in bombay or delhi who thinks that its too expensive or cheap even without seeing the car.
agreed that there is a prevailing market rate but if u really like it then u havta pay a little bit more. for example i bought my baleno stock for 4.25 a 2000 model new is 6.5 but i liked this particular car and i could spare only 5.5 including tyres/wheels for the car so i went ahead and got it. end of the day i drive it, i am happy, i like its looks...then why should i bother about what others think. its my choice and my money!!!
Old 1st March 2005, 11:36   #11
Team-BHP Support

End of the day, like buying/ sellingshares - forget what you have paid/ or what price ou got , learn your lesson and move on
Old 1st March 2005, 14:52   #12
BHPian

Buy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURPRISE
Iam back here with my hunt for Honda City. I was waiting for one that had done less than 40K in the odometer. I have come across one that is tempting. Just thought of sharing with you guys & get your expert feedbacks.

HONDA CITY 1.5 EXI
2001 MODEL
LIFE TIME TAX
C.INSURANCE
SINGLE OWNER
SILVER COLOR
55000 KMS DONE WITH COMPLETE SERVICE RECORDS (COMPANY MAINTAINED)
TUBELESS TYRES, ALLOY WHEELS, PIONEER SYSTEM
PRICE-4.25 LAKHS

I was very specific on mileage should be less than 40K. But thought of taking a look based on your suggestions/feedbacks

I sold my friend's 2000 model for 4.25 . A basic model . 55K Kms should not be problem . This is a good buy . Pick it up .
Good Luck on your car.
Old 1st March 2005, 19:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

I went to take a look at the car this evening. The owner of the vehicle was not available. I was told to take a look at the car & if needed, I can collect the keys from his parents through the watchman.

The outlook of the vehicle was excellent. The vehicle was made a temporary make up (my first doubt). I requested the watchman to get the keys for me and copy of the RC.

When he was away to get the same, Just I put my hands on the front door knob & surprised that car was not locked ( second doubt). Immediately I opened the front box under the dashboard & took a cover that has a copy of the RC book. Ahahahah, the owner of the vehicle was some X, with residential address that is somewhere at a distance of 30 kms from the place where the car was parked (confirmed that he is a broker).

The geniuness of this deal is broken. Business ethics is sucked here ( how can I expect ethics here )

The original beeding is completely missing on the front bonnet, the engine alignment is not perfect, the front post is not inline & the side window beeding has the cutting player bites, while resting the beeding on the windows.

The vehicle has been attended for a (major) accident. That's it.

I even did not put the keys and ignited the engine.

I got a call from him later & enquired about my interest on the vehicle.

I replied in positive saying that Iam interested in this deal. He asked when we can close the deal. I told him that can done on finalization of the commercials & my expected price is 3 Lakhs.

He asked me what makes me to drop the prices to that extent. I explained all the above. He was patient enough to say me that he can come upto 4.1 L maximum. Wow, we need to learn a lot from these guys

Just thought of sharing my experience with you guys.
Old 1st March 2005, 19:18   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURPRISE
I went to take a look at the car this evening. The owner of the vehicle was not available. I was told to take a look at the car & if needed, I can collect the keys from his parents through the watchman.

The outlook of the vehicle was excellent. The vehicle was made a temporary make up (my first doubt). I requested the watchman to get the keys for me and copy of the RC.

When he was away to get the same, Just I put my hands on the front door knob & surprised that car was not locked ( second doubt). Immediately I opened the front box under the dashboard & took a cover that has a copy of the RC book. Ahahahah, the owner of the vehicle was some X, with residential address that is somewhere at a distance of 30 kms from the place where the car was parked (confirmed that he is a broker).

The geniuness of this deal is broken. Business ethics is sucked here ( how can I expect ethics here )

The original beeding is completely missing on the front bonnet, the engine alignment is not perfect, the front post is not inline & the side window beeding has the cutting player bites, while resting the beeding on the windows.

The vehicle has been attended for a (major) accident. That's it.

I even did not put the keys and ignited the engine.

I got a call from him later & enquired about my interest on the vehicle.

I replied in positive saying that Iam interested in this deal. He asked when we can close the deal. I told him that can done on finalization of the commercials & my expected price is 3 Lakhs.

He asked me what makes me to drop the prices to that extent. I explained all the above. He was patient enough to say me that he can come upto 4.1 L maximum. Wow, we need to learn a lot from these guys

Just thought of sharing my experience with you guys.
surprise i can understand its ages since you looking for a OHC.. now what the deal is off or are you gonna negotiate..
Old 2nd March 2005, 09:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

No. I am not going to negotiate. Walked away from this deal. Also it's frustrating and time consuming. Even I had increased my budget to 4.5 Lakhs. Yet to strike a fair deal. Even I am ready to pay Rs.10k above the market rate.

I had adapted myself for a marthon from a 100 meters dash

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks