Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2013, 11:15   #781
BHPian

Re: Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences

One great feeling in parenting is to watch your child grow up, do what she wants to do and make you feel proud of what she has done.

Im an occasional blogger. My daughter has read some of my blogs, and one day she said " dad, make a blog for me. I want to write too". I was more than happy to help.

This is the link to her blog. She is 10 years old. My only contribution to the blog is typing The words and pictures are all hers.

Pls do read and comment there, would be a great motivation for a budding blogger.

http://imanandita.blogspot.in/
Old 4th April 2013, 15:13   #782
BHPian

Schools are over. What are you planning to do to engage the kids ?

This was shot on the last of of my sons school

Name:  ForumRunner_20130404_151127.png
Views: 1111
Size:  407.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130404_151146.png
Views: 1134
Size:  524.7 KB

Just a footnote. He never is allowed to occupy the frontseat. Right after the click he moved to the backseat.
Old 4th April 2013, 15:42   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

This is the link to her blog. She is 10 years old. My only contribution to the blog is typing The words and pictures are all hers.

Pls do read and comment there, would be a great motivation for a budding blogger.

http://imanandita.blogspot.in/
WOW, that's really wonderful.
So she wants to become a fashion designer .
It's really nice if kids can develop a habit of writing right from this age .

Cheers
Old 4th April 2013, 16:38   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post

WOW, that's really wonderful.
So she wants to become a fashion designer .
It's really nice if kids can develop a habit of writing right from this age .

Cheers
I believe as a parent one needs to give the kids enough space to dream also. I dont know what she will end up to become. But ive promised her that ill stand by her for the entire journey
Old 5th April 2013, 20:31   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I believe as a parent one needs to give the kids enough space to dream also. I dont know what she will end up to become. But ive promised her that ill stand by her for the entire journey
Absolutely true, I guess that's the best way to allow kids to choose what they want to do and parents should always stand by their wards .
Hope we can all give a better future to our kids .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 5th April 2013 at 20:35.
Old 23rd April 2013, 17:39   #786
BHPian

Hi All,

Need help in suggesting a good After school care for my 2 kids in around Sarjapur Road. My elder daughter is 10 and younger son is 4.5 years old.

We are working parents, and I dont want them to be put under a maid till we are back from work.

Younger one would be back from school by 1.30 noon and elder one at 4pm. Need a good clean safe after school centre which can accommodate them till 6.30-7.00pm.

Pls suggest . Thanks in Advance
Old 23rd April 2013, 18:28   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Schools are over. What are you planning to do to engage the kids ?
Vacations are for disengaging. Let him relax, watch the puddles, play with rocks etc. Continuous learning/engagement is not a good thing.
Old 24th April 2013, 19:29   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Vacations are for disengaging. Let him relax, watch the puddles, play with rocks etc. Continuous learning/engagement is not a good thing.
Vivek, My kids have gone to kerala, my native. They are busy playing in mud and water. Making idlis out of sand and making a market under a mango tree. Plucking raw mangoes and eating them with salt and chilli powder. Enjoying the festivals happening there now. No summer camp would make them climb a tree and take an open shower from the well water motor pump, which they can do there .

That's engaging them in my context.
Old 24th April 2013, 22:21   #789
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Younger one would be back from school by 1.30 noon and elder one at 4pm. Need a good clean safe after school centre which can accommodate them till 6.30-7.00pm.
Most after school centers close by 6PM. Even 6:30 is pushing it up a bit.
At least I am not aware of any place open till 7PM,
Old 2nd May 2013, 12:52   #790
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday what we (Me and my daughter) saw made both of us very sad. For those fathers and mothers who have daughters please be aware and watchful. Without getting judgmental i would state the facts the way we both saw it.

At around 8 in the night we were at Westside (In Forum Mall), wife shopping and me and my daughter were doing general chat/masti near the footwear section in the ground floor. Kids being kids they like to explore and touch things to get a feel and mostly i as a parent let my daughter do that (only ensuring her and others safety).

There was this other girl (Probably same age as my daughter), playing checking the mirrors in the footwear section. Suddenly we saw an elderly lady (with a new born baby boy) who was with her scolding her to stop. Kids being kids she kept on playing, suddenly this elderly lady PINCHED the child and SLAPPED in front of me and my daughter. The little girl started crying.

In about a few mins her mother came over and took the girl away.

Again, i do not wish to pass judgement, also being unaware of the relationship between the elderly lady and the child (Maid/Relative?). I believe slapping and pinching is equivalent to not merely punishing but hatred, especially when the child is doing nothing wrong.

For a few minutes my daughter was in shock, as she has never seen such behavior and kept asking me why was the lady doing this to the child. I was speechless, and blamed myself for not doing anything about it. For about next 30 mins i was hoping to see her mother/father so as to let them know what had happened.

Not sure what i would achieve with this post, but hopefully if you are a loving father/mother who love their daughter. Please be vigilant.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 2nd May 2013 at 12:55.
Old 2nd May 2013, 13:06   #791
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Yesterday what we (Me and my daughter) saw made both of us very sad. For those fathers and mothers who have daughters please be aware and watchful. Without getting judgmental i would state the facts the way we both saw it.

Not sure what i would achieve with this post, but hopefully if you are a loving father/mother who love their daughter. Please be vigilant.
Mayank, thanks for sharing this. Actually, I am not sure if you can do anything about that kind of a behavior, other than to explain to your daughter that what the woman did was not correct.

How old is your daughter?
Old 24th May 2013, 19:32   #792
Senior - BHPian

Most of you guys have probably seen this thread but i thought i should post a link to it here nonethelss:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...y-ranbaxy.html

Main takeaway from the thread is that if you see a particular brand's medicine not having any impact on your child's symptoms, try to switch brands first,instead of upping the dosage.
Old 2nd June 2013, 22:00   #793
Senior - BHPian

Which are the best channels for children in the 4-5 years ago group available in India?
I have heard that Nick Jr is good but that one is not available on DishTV. How is Discovery Kids?
Old 3rd June 2013, 20:31   #794
BHPian

My son watches Disney Junior, that too only Mickey Mouse on time shift TV. He searches by programme and watches back to back. Mickey and his friends do lots of educational activities, so we quite like it. No Doremon.
Old 6th June 2013, 17:07   #795
Team-BHP Support

My daughter is about 2 years and 5 months old. She suddenly had a nasty bout of constipation.
Extremely hard stones. Very very painful.

We assumed that since its summer and she is not drinking enough water. But she eats her veggies and loves fruits.

A couple of days later we decided that the root cause was something else.
Backtracked on her diet and realized that we had introduced her to Junior Horlicks.
Every night I would add a couple of spoons to milk and give it to her.

Stopped the Horlicks and instead gave her only milk.

The very next day she had normal stools. It is 4 days since we stopped the horlicks and she is back to normal.

Thought of sharing this as constipation is a common complaint with kids.
Maybe it is these (unnecessary?) supplements that are to blame.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks