Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2014, 10:29   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences

Rehaan, that's an excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

Yesterday, on the occasion of Ram Navmi, we welcomed a beautiful baby boy in our lives. Here are two pictures of the baby. As we take our roles as parents, I thought I would share it here. We will of course share the moments here, as and when they come.

It's such an exciting feeling for both of us!!

Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-20140408_200911.jpg

Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-untitled.jpg
Old 9th April 2014, 10:40   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post

Yesterday, on the occasion of Ram Navmi, we welcomed a beautiful baby boy in our lives. Here are two pictures of the baby. As we take our roles as parents, I thought I would share it here. We will of course share the moments here, as and when they come.

Heartiest congratulations to both of you! Its arguably the best moment in your life.

My daughter turned 5 on 6th April 2014. The term 'time flies' can be witnessed first hand, when you see your kids growing up.
Old 11th April 2014, 11:15   #873
BHPian

Our maid who with us for 2 years has left leaving us in a tizzy!

Tried getting another one through an agency but no luck . Folks who have any good leads please pm me! Any help would be appreciated. (based in Bangalore)

I'm also looking at day care as an option. Any one know of any good day care centers in HSR layout which would be open till say 6:30 - 7:00? Googled and Sparrows came up. Any one has any firsthand experience with this place?
Old 16th April 2014, 15:16   #874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Please DO NOT GIVE milk powder's of your choice or based on anybodys recommendation, do as advised by the pediatrician. Btw, it's very early to give the baby these milks, better to give mother feed as much as possible.

you can visit this site babycentre.com, an excellent site which describes the baby's development & growth on a week wise.
Yes true, as much as possible mothers milk is the best. Most of the milk powders tend to cause excessive burps. And if a baby has a burp that's stuck, it will become very cranky.

Quote:
Rehaan, that's an excellent article. Thanks for sharing.

Congrats dude, and what a day to bring home a beautiful baby. Welcome to first time parenthood

Last edited by motomaverick : 16th April 2014 at 15:18.
Old 11th June 2014, 05:38   #875
Senior - BHPian

JUNE 13-15 Tbhpian parents of 6-17 year olds! for a wonderful RARE fulfilling weekend experience with our princes and princesses at BANGALORE !

Ankurit Foundation, in collaboration with Dell India, is organizing a unique event, Escape Velocity - Innovation, Science and Technology Fair in Bangalore. Escape Velocity is going to teach the magic of science and technology to Bangalore kids and youngsters in a manner never experienced before. The inaugural fair is going to wow you with top-notch technologists conversing with children , state-of-the-art technology booths from the best technology companies in the world, science experiments mixed with fun and learning, hands-on workshops for immense learning and live shows that will make you imagine the impossible. Microsoft Research, eKavach, Xerox Research Labs, Cisco, HP, IBM, Tata Steel, Strands Life Sciences, Agastya Foundation, Taralaya, Science InBox, Science Adda, Novatech Robo, & Litmus

Read more:

the links:

https://www.facebook.com/escapevelocityfair

and

http://in.bookmyshow.com/events/esca...#ixzz34Hj8bR4w

Happy Parenting!

Last edited by vinay kamath : 11th June 2014 at 05:45.
Old 11th June 2014, 08:53   #876
BHPian

Quote:
I became a father in April this year. And it was 'the' best moment of my life, without any doubts whatsoever. Enjoy the feeling. You would be nervous to begin with but babies are tougher than they look, so don't worry too much.

Keep visiting Babycenter.com; it is an excellent source of information.
Old 30th July 2014, 15:29   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
----Finally we had to step away from him in favor of some other doctor whom we are now regular with.

We always go to him, he is not very aggressive with medicine and human body in general (a different line of thought, if you will). ---
Hi Mayank,

Can you please let me know which doctor you show your kid to? We need an urgent second opinion. Hence asking.

thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 07:55   #878
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Need some advice. We would be expecting our first baby early next year. Still undecided about having the delivery in Pune (where we stay) or in Bangalore (where my wife hails from). We know good hospitals in Bangalore, but are more or less in dark about the ones in Pune. Can somebody advice some good hospitals for child birth in Pune?

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th August 2014, 09:55   #879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
We know good hospitals in Bangalore, but are more or less in dark about the ones in Pune. Can somebody advice some good hospitals for child birth in Pune?
Friends of mine had their baby delivered at Deenanath Mangeshkar hospital and say it was a good experience. My younger one was born in a private maternity clinic near my home. There are enough good hospitals/clinics specializing in childbirth in the city. I'd say find a good OB-GYN you trust and rely on their judgement to identify a good place. Remember it should be accessible (not more than 15-20 minutes drive in any traffic), clean and have good staff. You should ideally recce the place a month or two in advance.

If you don't mind some unsolicited advice, this should NOT be a factor in deciding which city to do the delivery. Mother's state of mind is extremely important for a smooth and safe childbirth, so make sure she is in a place she feels comfortable and happy. Typically they like to be at their Mom's but this may not always be true: some women prefer having their husbands around throughout the pregnancy! Also if you are a "hands-on" dad who wants to be in the labour room, being in the same city helps! Good luck.
Old 20th August 2014, 11:27   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
If you don't mind some unsolicited advice, this should NOT be a factor in deciding which city to do the delivery. Mother's state of mind is extremely important for a smooth and safe childbirth, so make sure she is in a place she feels comfortable and happy. Typically they like to be at their Mom's but this may not always be true: some women prefer having their husbands around throughout the pregnancy! Also if you are a "hands-on" dad who wants to be in the labour room, being in the same city helps! Good luck.
I agree to that. My wife wanted both . She wanted to be with her mom and me. So during that week of pregnancy, had to make arrangements. Initially we thought of getting her mom to Bangalore, but then decided otherwise. So we all went to Trivandrum, in-law's place. And it was indeed a wonderful time.
Old 20th August 2014, 11:43   #881
Senior - BHPian

Just adding to what Noopster has already mentioned. From my personal experience and my cousins' experiences, please avoid the hospitals which offer you packages. Some 'posh' hospitals will give you packages like 3 days AC Room + 32 inches LED TV + Refrigerator + and all crap, as if you are going on your honeymoon. Usually, these kind of hospitals are not much bothered about the mother or the baby, since they are like we have given you so much already, now you take of your baby and yourself. These observations from real life experiences of few hospitals in Pune.

As Noopster said, the MOST important factor in the delivery process is the your GYNAC doctor. He or she will be your best guide for everything. My daughter was born at friendly neighbourhood clinic at our family GYNAC doctor's small hospital. The service was immaculate and really took care of the baby throughout the stay. The rooms were not AC nor was there any LED TV, but the critical systems were all spot on and the nurses were really good.

All the best !
Old 20th August 2014, 19:51   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I'd say find a good OB-GYN you trust and rely on their judgement to identify a good place. Remember it should be accessible (not more than 15-20 minutes drive in any traffic), clean and have good staff. You should ideally recce the place a month or two in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
I agree to that. My wife wanted both . She wanted to be with her mom and me. So during that week of pregnancy, had to make arrangements. Initially we thought of getting her mom to Bangalore, but then decided otherwise. So we all went to Trivandrum, in-law's place. And it was indeed a wonderful time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

As Noopster said, the MOST important factor in the delivery process is the your GYNAC doctor. He or she will be your best guide for everything. My daughter was born at friendly neighbourhood clinic at our family GYNAC doctor's small hospital. The service was immaculate and really took care of the baby throughout the stay. The rooms were not AC nor was there any LED TV, but the critical systems were all spot on and the nurses were really good.

All the best !
Thanks guys. We have already through reference identified a gynae. So I guess half the battle is won.

My wife absolutely wants me around irrespective of whether her parents are around or not. But I guess its better to have some elders too during the last stages. So anywhere the place, both mine and her parents will be present. So it is a toss up between taking her to bangalore (which I am not very comfortable in doing late in pregnancy) where we know good places or have the delivery in Pune and transport everyone else here.
Old 20th August 2014, 22:03   #883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
have the delivery in Pune and transport everyone else here.
If your folks/in laws are ok with staying for a month or two then it should be ok. Its their cooperation in staying away from their homes that is critical

My daughter was born at our place (then in Bangalore) as better half wanted to stay with me and have the baby in the same hospital we've been visiting since we found out the news. Mother in law stayed 4 weeks before 6 weeks after delivery and my folks stayed from 2 weeks before to 4 weeks behind.

If you help her with daily chores she should be able to manage all the way till delivery. You mainly need someone to help out only after that.

If you are intending to send her to Bangalore do it by week 30-32.
Old 28th August 2014, 13:26   #884
BHPian

Hi,
Need advise from parents in B'lore.
My daughter is 18 months old and needs a hair cut.
Is there any good saloon/beauty parlor where we can get a good haircut ?

No religious affiliations so, there is no rites on haircut.

Thanks,
Old 28th August 2014, 14:51   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
Hi,
Need advise from parents in B'lore.
My daughter is 18 months old and needs a hair cut.
Is there any good saloon/beauty parlor where we can get a good haircut ?

No religious affiliations so, there is no rites on haircut.

Thanks,
Not from Bangalore but any "Naturals" group should be fine. My daughter has hers there and she is now pretty much used to it.

Most Viewed