Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2017, 14:19   #931
BHPian

Re: Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences

Good to see such a thread exists

We are doing our bit to keep my 2 year old son away from any kind of screens, so phone and TV is not used in his presence. Would love to know recommendations for any sort of collections, puzzles, books etc. that can be accumulated over time and will keep him engaged. As of now it's mainly mega blocks since we were gifted a set and then purchased 2 more. Also, can't purchase any items that can be swallowed.
Old 8th February 2017, 14:51   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Would love to know recommendations for any sort of collections, puzzles, books etc. that can be accumulated over time and will keep him engaged.
Check this out:

http://flintobox.com/

http://flintobox.com/faq

We had subscribed for over a year, and my daughter loved their boxes. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 15th February 2017, 12:44   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Check this out:

http://flintobox.com/

http://flintobox.com/faq

We had subscribed for over a year, and my daughter loved their boxes. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Vikram
I ordered a three months subscription and received the first box on Friday. My four years old son liked it so much that he finished all four activities in one day.

That kept him away from any type of screens.

The quality of material is top notch. Also, I liked the simplicity of the activities.

Here is a photo of one of the activities:
Attached Thumbnails
Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-img_6480.jpg  

Old 15th February 2017, 13:09   #934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Would love to know recommendations for any sort of collections, puzzles, books etc. that can be accumulated over time and will keep him engaged.
There are small velcro plastic vegetable/fruit cutting toys like this. We bought it when my son was 22 months, 6 months since and he still loves to cut them. We gifted another 3 year old kid at his 2nd birthday and she too loved it. Good exercise for the hands too. You can also teach fruits and vegetables that way.

I'd also recommend buying a kids tent house. We bought one when our daughter was 2 (now is 7) and she entertained herself a lot in it. So did my younger one since he was a crawling baby. They feel its their home . Buy one with a mouth big enough that you or missus can enter, because you'll end up spending time with them there.
Old 16th February 2017, 13:03   #935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Here's another similar one I have heard of:

http://www.podsquad.in/

Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-screenshot-20170216125937.png
Old 18th February 2017, 23:54   #936
BHPian

Got my daughter her first car on her second birthday! She loves cars (bo-peep) and road trips already. It's tough to keep her away from cars. Here's hoping that one day she'll take me along on a road trip.

getting in all by herself
Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-mcar.jpg

checking out all the gizmos on the dashboard. Yes, it comes with a stop/start button and full featured ICE too!
Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-mcar2.jpg

buckled up and ready to roll
Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-mcar3.jpg
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 21:21   #937
BHPian

It's a bolt Blessed with a cute little baby boy, my first child, on February 19, 2017. It was our first wedding anniversary too! What a precious gift from god.

On paternity leave now. Gathering hands on DIY experience on holding the baby, using wet wipes to clean him, nappy changing and singing lullabies and trying (in vain) putting him to sleep though the sleepless nights.

Nevertheless a Great feeling I must say !

One day I am sure that my son will grow to be a Team-BHPian too
Old 16th July 2017, 13:44   #938
BHPian

Can anybody please suggest any good resource for parents of a kid who has just started his process of learning / schooling (Nursery).

As a parent I believe Its my responsibility to understand how any activity task would actually help in his growth / learning.

Also for this weekend holidays, school had given an assignment of filling colors in a picture book. I am not sure if this is a good practice or not so I feel the need to understand more about such things.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 16th July 2017 at 13:53.
Old 17th July 2017, 09:33   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
Can anybody please suggest any good resource for parents of a kid who has just started his process of learning / schooling (Nursery).

As a parent I believe Its my responsibility to understand how any activity task would actually help in his growth / learning.
There are a tons of good books available.

You can find some of them in the links below.

Child development books

10 Best Books for Thinking Parents

50 Of The Best Books For Parents
Old 13th December 2018, 04:54   #940
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

I have been blessed with a baby girl couple of months back and I am on the lookout for a good stroller/pram. My main requirements are :

1. Should be not too heavy and also be foldable (I need to use it during air travel).
2. Should have reversible handle.
3. Should also have good cushioning for the baby and have multiple recline position.

Budget is around 15k and can go slightly up if its required. Can anyone please suggest me a good one. I am confused seeing so many options and not sure which one I should go for?
Some of the ones I have shortlisted are :

1. R for Rabbit - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...6VI12DT3&psc=1
2. LuvLap Galaxy - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...IG9ONZD7S&th=1
3. Chicoo - https://www.amazon.in/Chicco-Lima-Co...baby+strollers
4. Luvlap Royal - https://www.amazon.in/Luvlap-Royal-Baby-Stroller-Black/dp/B077BXTSL6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1544656958&sr=8-12&keywords=luvlap+baby+strollers&refinements=p_72 %3A1318476031

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 13th December 2018 at 04:55.
Old 13th December 2018, 06:42   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks,

I have been blessed with a baby girl couple of months back and I am on the lookout for a good stroller/pram. My main requirements are :
First of all congrats on your parenthood

Suggest you stick with Chico for your pram needs.
Also recommend visiting one of the larger firstcry stores before making a final decision. The quality of wheels matter a lot for quieter ride in pram/stroller.
Old 13th December 2018, 07:44   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Budget is around 15k and can go slightly up if its required. Can anyone please suggest me a good one.
Congrats!

In general I am very disappointed with Luvlap products and at their current state wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Even their baby wipes are horrible!

Chicoo and Graco seem lot more decent and durable. As suggested by Speedmiester, I too would recommend checking it out physically either at a firstcry or at shopperstop.

I had a Graco that I got from US but it developed some damages in domestic air-travel. Our domestic help was glad to take it. Didn't bother replacing it since the kids now have started walking and may as well have them walking more while we still can!

OT - Among all the kid-related products we bought so far, we found the best use in high-chair (apart from the car-seats).
Old 13th December 2018, 12:54   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
First of all congrats on your parenthood

Suggest you stick with Chico for your pram needs.
Also recommend visiting one of the larger firstcry stores before making a final decision. The quality of wheels matter a lot for quieter ride in pram/stroller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Congrats!

In general I am very disappointed with Luvlap products and at their current state wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Even their baby wipes are horrible!

Chicoo and Graco seem lot more decent and durable. As suggested by Speedmiester, I too would recommend checking it out physically either at a firstcry or at shopperstop.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the suggestions. Firstcry has chicoo products? I was not aware. Which shop has the collection where I could go and check? I saw first cry shop in Jayanagar (opposite BHS college) which is a small one.
Old 13th December 2018, 15:52   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Appreciate the suggestions. Firstcry has chicoo products? I was not aware. Which shop has the collection where I could go and check? I saw first cry shop in Jayanagar (opposite BHS college) which is a small one.
There is a big firstcry shop on 100 feet road near sony world junction in Koramangala.
Old 13th December 2018, 15:54   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Firstcry has chicoo products? I was not aware. Which shop has the collection where I could go and check? I saw first cry shop in Jayanagar (opposite BHS college) which is a small one.
They do stock all kinds of brands. What I typically do is to look up a store location that may fall my way. Call them up to check if they have what I need. If they do I'll stop by and not otherwise.

You could also try one of the malls nearby. My primary pediatrician is located in ColumbiaAsia, Yeshwantpur. I generally hop into the Orion mall that's practically next door to it - they have chicoo outlet here. Funnily enough, my pediatrician gave me this info!

At least the malls serve this one useful purpose - you can check out more brands and models of strollers while in there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks