Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 09:23   #1561
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Sent the resume, thanks for your help mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Can you pls send the resume to priyaranjan.ranjan1@gmail.com?
Old 28th November 2013, 10:08   #1562
BHPian

Is there anybody here who works in the Oil & Gas Sector. I am an Electrical Engineering 2013 Graduate looking for entry-level positions in Upstream Oil & Gas as a Field Engineer.

Besides, it would be an added bonus if my boss is also an automobile enthusiast!

I would appreciate any help/connections in this regard. Please feel free to PM me or mail me at samarthldv@gmail.com. Thanks!

Last edited by SamarthMehrotra : 28th November 2013 at 10:15.
Old 28th November 2013, 12:43   #1563
BHPian

Please send a PM if interested.

================================================== =

Position: Software Engineer
Exp: 5+ Yrs

Requirements
  • Excellent C programming skills, with emphasis on writing scalable code. UNIX scripting skills will be an added advantage
  • Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and meet high quality standards
  • Must have strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
  • Must have strong skills in UNIX/Linux development
  • Exposure to High Availability, Clustering and Scalable Technologies is highly desirable
  • Prior experience with design, development and maintenance of system software components such as Memory management, IPC , CLI parser, XML/NetConf based configuration agents, License Management, Software Packaging etc., highly desirable
  • Prior experience with design, development of RADIUS/TACACS etc. for Networking Equipment is desirable
  • Prior experience with design and development of SNMP agents, MIBs is a plus
  • Excellent verbal and written skills.
  • Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
Old 28th November 2013, 13:56   #1564
BHPian

One more..

========================================

Job Title: Test Engineer 3/ Test Engineer 4
Experience: 5 – 9 yrs

Candidate Requirements:
Ø BE/BTech/ME/MTech./MS in CS/CE or related fields
Ø Good debugging skills along with very good testing background
Ø Strong Automation / coding skills ( any language).
Ø Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Routing or Switching technologies
Ø Good working knowledge in the Ethernet switching (bridging, VLAN, inter VLAN routing), L2 control protocols like xSTP (STP, RSTP, MSTP, VSTP) OR IP routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS)
Ø JNCIP/CCNP/JNCIE/CCIE a plus
Old 28th November 2013, 14:39   #1565
BANNED

Looking out for openings in IT/ITES/KPO with expertise IT Sales Operations, business intelligence, business analysis, Sales Enablemnt/Support, IT Sales & Marketing / Business Dev elopement, Strategic Initiatives and performance management.

Preferred base location: Pune or Onsite
11+ years exp in above skill set
BE Mech, MBA - Mktg.+HR

Last edited by idea : 28th November 2013 at 14:49.
Old 28th November 2013, 22:52   #1566
Senior - BHPian

Not many choices for upstream jobs in the country, there are just three mainstream companies engaged in the same viz ONGC & Reliance for offshore and Cairn India for Onshore. Besides these there are others like British Gas and Schlumberger who have offices here and do hire / depute people to assignments else where. There are yet others who undertake only the exploration part and then scores who supply personnel and maintain rigs. Of course another upcoming area is Shale gas where besides the above mentioned companies Essar and Videocon are active players. You should be on the lookout for ONGC's adverts for openings and being in Dehradoon you could surely approach ONGC at their base camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamarthMehrotra View Post
Is there anybody here who works in the Oil & Gas Sector. I am an Electrical Engineering 2013 Graduate looking for entry-level positions in Upstream Oil & Gas as a Field Engineer.

Besides, it would be an added bonus if my boss is also an automobile enthusiast!

I would appreciate any help/connections in this regard. Please feel free to PM me or mail me at samarthldv@gmail.com. Thanks!
Old 28th November 2013, 23:00   #1567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
You should be on the lookout for ONGC's adverts for openings and being in Dehradoon you could surely approach ONGC at their base camp.
Thanks for the advice. Have already done an internship at ONGC Dehradun HQ but sadly they advertise only for experienced hires (atleast 7-8 years). The fresh GTs they recruit are mostly for office work, only the Mech guys get to reach the drilling fields! I have spent considerable time & efforts to get beyond the bundles of resumes but nothing concrete has been found with regards to the foreign upstream majors

In the meantime, I am joining TCS. Shall continue in my pursuits for an Upstream Field Engineer O&G position!
Old 29th November 2013, 17:35   #1568
Oxy
BHPian

My uncle owns a company called Soundbasics (www.soundbasics.in).

It basically deals with training Finance grads so that they are prepared well enough to tackle the challenges in the industry. Here's an extract from the website:

The SoundBasics initiative aims to bridge the skill divide that exists between conventional education and the practical requirements of business and industry with respect to F&A functions.

For effective practical training, the course simulates real life situations using a software, to prepare the student for the challenges of the real world.

Now this software (highlighted above) is currently being developed by a third party company. The technology involved in developing this thing is PHP. The entire initiative is a non starter without this software, as far as presentations and demos are concerned for various potential investors.

My uncle wants to do away with this company since they are overcharging for every tiny modification/requirement, and even after spending a considerable amount on them so far, the software has a long way to go before it can be presented.

So basically he is looking for someone who is well versed in PHP, has the capability to lead and drive the entire development of the software and is willing to work in a startup. The salary will definitely not be anywhere near the industry standards, but he is willing to offer the candidate a stake in the company. So if Soundbasics manages to find a few investors in future, the candidate can possibly be an entrepreneur!

Lastly, he doesn't want anyone who is planning to quit after working for 6 months or so. Commitment is the key.

Interested folks can PM me. I can vouch for fair treatment on the job and decent working conditions.
Old 29th November 2013, 18:18   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Company is IGATE Global Solutions India. Interested can PM me. Below are the requirements open till Nov 15th 2013. Kindly let me know the your preferred location as well.

6> .NET [2-8 years]

Mandatory Skills:
ASP.Net / VB.Net / C#.Net / MVC / WPF /WCF. DotNet version 3.0 / 3.5 / 4.0
Qualification:
Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Technology, Bachelor in Computer Science, Bachelor of Computer Appl, M. S. Computer Science, Master of Computer Application, Master of Engineering, Master of Technology
Hi Adi,

Is the above .Net opening still available? I have a reference of a 2 year exp guy.

Hi Friends,

One of my close friend's brother is looking for a change. He has 2 years of experience on .Net technologies. Any suitable openings ?

Cheers
Rajesh

Last edited by noopster : 29th November 2013 at 19:09. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 1st December 2013, 11:52   #1570
BHPian

Hello All,

My younger brother is in his 1st year Mechanical Engineering M tech in Manipal Institute of Technology, he is looking for an internship for his second year in the same field. If there is any opening for an intern in any of your organizations / anywhere you know in the same field, it will be a great help for him.

Looking forward to hear from you folks
Regards
Rejoy
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:06   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Hi Friends,

One of my close friend's brother is looking for a change. He has 2 years of experience on .Net technologies. Any suitable openings ?

Cheers
Rajesh
Hi,
There is an opening for .Net Developer in my Project. The work location is Chennai. If interested please do share the profile. PM me for mail address.
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:52   #1572
BHPian

I am a Chartered Accountant having 5+ years of experience. My expertise is in Multi-Currency Management Accounting, International Taxation, Consolidation and dealing with CFO's/CEO's/COO's/GFC's on a concurrent and ongoing basis. I am currently based in the BPO/KPO/ITES industry but am open to change industries (Indian Industry. Preferably an automobile company; NOT a Dealership preferably). I am available on rahul4321@gmail.com

Location: Gujarat; specifically Ahmedabad would be great as I am based here. But am open to move if the profile is good

Current Designation: Manager- Accounts. Handling a team of CA's, ACCA's and ICWA's.

Last edited by rahul4321 : 2nd December 2013 at 14:58. Reason: Addendum
Old 2nd December 2013, 15:20   #1573
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

My sister who is a MBA (Finance) fresher is looking for a decent opening within Chennai. If there is any openings in any of your organizations / anywhere you know, it will be of immense help. Please let me know if in case there is any.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi22 View Post
Looks like IGATE is on a hiring spree. Attached are the openings for this week.
Adi,

Is the testing position mentioned still available?

All,

I am on the lookout for a Test Lead/Senior Tester (both Manual and Automation) position outside Chennai. To be precise I am desperate to move out of Chennai. Please let me know if anything comes up. I am ready to relocate to NCR, Pune or Bangalore.

Thanks!

Last edited by narsi_6989 : 2nd December 2013 at 15:24.
Old 2nd December 2013, 23:41   #1574
BHPian

Am looking out for a female marketing Executive at Haworth. We are one of the largest premium office furniture companies globally and this role will be based at chennai reporting to the GM Sales. Would prefer a 1+ yr of experience in building material/niche product/event management/hospitality

CTC 4 to 4.5' we work 5 days a week
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:09   #1575
BHPian

Hello everyone, I'm posting this on behalf of a friend. He was working in a software company two years ago and has an experience as a developer for one year. For two years he ran a business which wasn't successful and now he wants to get back into the I.T sector for good. What are his chances of securing a good job with a decent pay? He has a family to look after and is looking to get a job soon.

Last edited by D'Artagnan : 3rd December 2013 at 12:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks