Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2016, 10:01   #2251
BHPian

Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Hello everyone!

I'm urgently in need of employment after I had to quit from a very toxic work environment.

I have one year experience in Electrical Engineering. I'm looking for jobs in any Hardware Engineering field.

I'm open to even internships.

Please let me know if you want to see my Resume/CV.
Old 10th November 2016, 17:39   #2252
Senior - BHPian

I have a paid opportunity for one hour phone consult.

Requirement is for a very experienced senior person with IT projects experience in higher education industry or someone from higher education industry who is an IT decision maker.

Interested folks please PM me.
Old 10th November 2016, 20:22   #2253
Distinguished - BHPian

Wanted: Japanese interpretor.

Interview Location: Pune on 12-Nov

Pls PM me with mail id. I will forward the link to upload CV & further steps.
Old 10th November 2016, 21:12   #2254
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently I got a mail from Amazon regarding an opening as a Cloud Support Associate. Apart from the salary offered, there was nothing else that was attractive compared to what I am currently doing But, just for curiosity's sake, I wanted to know how things work in that side of the world. Read the job description and its mostly IT related requirements. But more than that, I want to know how an average day in such a position goes, and what the person does. Moreover, why a seven digit package compared to the six digit figures that other companies usually give for entry level jobs?
Old 12th November 2016, 19:58   #2255
BHPian

@audioholic:

Re: salary at Amazon. I've heard that the upfront sign-on package is usually high but increments not so much (in comparison with Silicon-valley VC funded start-ups in BLR).

Re: work environment at Amazon India - I've not heard great things about it. An ex-colleague who joined there (SDE role) recently quit after being there for only a year.
Old 13th November 2016, 10:51   #2256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Recently I got a mail from Amazon regarding an opening as a Cloud Support Associate. Apart from the salary offered, there was nothing else that was attractive compared to what I am currently doing But, just for curiosity's sake, I wanted to know how things work in that side of the world. Read the job description and its mostly IT related requirements. But more than that, I want to know how an average day in such a position goes, and what the person does. Moreover, why a seven digit package compared to the six digit figures that other companies usually give for entry level jobs?
Did you get the offer or just an interview call?
If you have not got the offer yet, I would suggest attend the interview. Amazon interviews are conducted with a lot of thought and you will probably learn a thing o two in the process.

I may not be the best person to answer this considering I joined Amazon only a couple of weeks back as SDM. In my 15+ years of experience, I have not seen such a chaotic work environment. It's like a 1000 startups under one umbrella where one startup has dependency on another 10-15 startups...Plus there is hardly any development process to speak about. Some teams do this, some teams do that ..whatever works! All they care about is getting things done fast and keep the lights on. If something doesn't work, rollback and fix, no issues.

I have one support engineer in my team ... so whether you would be interested depends on what you want to do. She mainly does monitor the defects queue, tryies to fix them if possible before passing on to the development team for help plus some configuration and fleet management (number of hosts etc etc) .But, many support engineers (SEs) have the opportunity to transition to Software development engineer(SDE) if they perform well ..normally they are given some development opportunities if they are interested and if you can prove yourself, then you can transition to SDE. SDE salary and all is way better than SE. SO, many SEs actually make the transition. In fact, some of the best SDEs in my group were actually SEs before.

Now given the chaotic work enviornment, I am not sure how many will be interested to work in Amazon. On the positive side, you will get to work in a challenging work environment, you will get to learn a lot in a short span, and probably you will be using a variety of technologies. So, some young developer who is willing to work hard and passionate about software development - this is great platform to build your career. And yes, the pay is good. It is not uncommon for people with 3 years experience working as SDE2 getting a CTC >30 lakhs. I know many of my classmaters working as Senior managers/Associate directors in sevice companies earn that much after slogging for 15 years.

Now, the interesting part - I am looking for SDE2s for my team, people with at least 3-4 years of software development experience preferably in product development. Please send me a PM if you are interested and spread the word.
Thanks..

Last edited by adimicra : 13th November 2016 at 10:54.
Old 13th November 2016, 15:03   #2257
Senior - BHPian

^^
Sorry for the back to back posts but just wanted to clarify that it's not that every SDE in Amazon with 3 years experience gets such high salaries but possible only for top performers.

And please PM with some good candidate references.
Old 14th November 2016, 19:14   #2258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
@audioholic:

Re: salary at Amazon. I've heard that the upfront sign-on package is usually high but increments not so much (in comparison with Silicon-valley VC funded start-ups in BLR).

Re: work environment at Amazon India - I've not heard great things about it. An ex-colleague who joined there (SDE role) recently quit after being there for only a year.
Thanks for the feedback. Though I did not have plans on taking this up, it kind of reduces the attraction I had towards the opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
If you have not got the offer yet, I would suggest attend the interview. Amazon interviews are conducted with a lot of thought and you will probably learn a thing o two in the process.

I got an interview call. Attending the interview wouldnt be possible since I was travelling abroad and currently am out of country. Maybe I would have given it a thought but since I would not have joined, it would have been a waste of time for the people depending upon how many rounds I would have cleared. Upon everything, I am not even sure how they shortlisted my profile since I have never signed up for any job portal apart from linkedin. The field of work I am currently in, and the kind of environment here is day and night compared to what you describe. Neither would I be interested in developing something for the web compared to developing something for a car now.

The pay looks very attractive like you say, but somehow I personally feel that the IT industry pays you for the amount of stress you bear. There is speak about 24/7 availability and so. In my current job its just 9/5 and that is in a very leisurely manner. Not that I am being paid less, but definitely nowhere close to what you describe.

But thanks for the description, in a few years down the line, maybe if they decide to venture into new businesses, then I know whom to PM.
Old 15th November 2016, 00:08   #2259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Let me describe the interview I attended with Amazon some 5 years ago.

Reached their Cunningham road office and my car was not allowed in. I had to park some 1 KM away on the road and walk.

The receptionist couldn't find the contact person and sent me to some floor where many interviews were going on. Meanwhile the interviewer was looking for me and finally the consultant had to play match maker and lead us both to the same floor.

It was a Saturday and the girl who took the first round was probably pulled in from her work to do the interview. She was least interested in my answers and was most likely debugging code in the laptop. The only positive thing was that she was honest in admitting that she had knowledge for what position I was being interviewed for.

Not the kind of impression one makes on a potential employee.
Old 15th November 2016, 09:02   #2260
BHPian

Quote:
... It's like a 1000 startups under one umbrella where one startup has dependency on another 10-15 startups...Plus there is hardly any development process to speak about. Some teams do this, some teams do that ..whatever works! All they care about is getting things done fast and keep the lights on. If something doesn't work, rollback and fix, no issues.

Now given the chaotic work enviornment, I am not sure how many will be interested to work in Amazon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

The receptionist couldn't find the contact person and sent me to some floor where many interviews were going on. Meanwhile the interviewer was looking for me and finally the consultant had to play match maker and lead us both to the same floor...
So, it's not just the work culture that is bad, the company does not have any standard processes/proper functioning even in Admin/HR department.
Old 15th November 2016, 09:09   #2261
Senior - BHPian

Yes, things are a bit messy at Amazon.. everyone is normally under pressure.
Actually, the recruiters I think are under the pump always... I have seen how much they slog!

Amazon has a very low profit margin.. it's not like other giants like Microsoft/Google. So, everyone is supposed to wear many hats and do more than what typically he/she would be doing in another org in a similar role. That's just how Amazon works and they make it pretty clear even in the orientation as well.
Old 15th November 2016, 09:26   #2262

Freshers Drive

Eligibility criteria:
• Qualification: B.E/B.Tech graduates from the streams of CSE, IS, IT, ECE, EEE, MCA or M.Tech in Computers or Electronics can also apply.
• Experience: 2016 graduates (Mandatory requirement)
• Performance: Above 60% or equivalent in the highest qualification.
• Job Location: Bengaluru
• Position: Technical Trainee

Other criteria:
• A penchant for learning new technology quickly
• Good analytical and reasoning abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills

Interviews will be held on Saturday, 19th November 2016 in Bengaluru
Reporting time: 8:30 AM – 10 AM
Venue: Cambridge Institute of Technology, Basavanapura Main Road, Gayathri layout,
K R Puram. Bengaluru - 560036.

Candidates matching the above mentioned criteria should walk-in with the following:
1. A copy of the resume
2. Photocopies of all certificates
Old 15th November 2016, 16:48   #2263
Senior - BHPian

32 senior positions available in Apple India across dev, ops, finance, marketing .. mostly based in Bangalore and Hyderabad.

https://jobs.apple.com/in/search?#&t...&lo=0*IND&pN=0
Old 17th November 2016, 18:15   #2264
Distinguished - BHPian

Repost:

Wanted: Japanese interpretor for a MNC

If there is anyone, then pls PM me with mail id. I will forward the link to upload CV & further steps.

The Interview location can be checked.
Old 20th November 2016, 14:35   #2265
BHPian

Hello,
We are a mobile app development company looking for an independent PR person (possibly a lady) who could coordinate with small social event organizers and introduce our app to their participants.

Please note that this is a one-off assignment. Interested parties will have to submit a proposal after learning the details.

Thanks,
John

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks