Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2008, 13:35   #46
BANNED

Data Integration Company

1. Senior / Lead Software Engineer
Experience: 3-7 years
Qualification: Master or Bachelors in Computer Science & Engineering
Requirement:
• Experience in User Interface Design, Usability, or Human-Computer Interaction in addition to a good foundation in OO
programming and design patterns.
• Design experience with product engineering background
• Strong programming skills (C++/VC++) and expertise in multi-threaded development.
• Excellent grip and experience on Data Structures , Algorithms and MFC
• Experience working on RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 etc
• Understanding of Modeling Concepts, UML.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.

2. Senior Software Engineer
Experience: 3-7 years
Requirement:
• Extensive experience in server-side Software Development
• Hands-on experience installing, configuring, analyzing, optimizing, and troubleshooting systems and system related
technology
• Object oriented design experience with product engineering background
• Strong programming skills (C/C++/Java) and expertise in multi-threaded development.
• Understanding of Unix/NT systems programming.
• Software development experience in a Cluster or Grid environment.
• DB Kernel and Query Optimization;
• Development of backend of enterprise products such as OS kernel, distributed file server, web servers, application
servers, TP monitors and so on.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.

3. Lead / Principal Software Engineer
Experience: 5-9 years
Requirement:
• Extensive experience in C or/and Core Java, with exposure and/or an ability/willingness to learn/work on other
programming languages
• Extensive experience in multiple databases (Oracle, MS/SQL, UDB/DB2, Sybase and generic ODBC)
• Experience or exposure to database programming or/and management. Knowledge of basic APIs and common
administration and tuning tasks.
• Experience, knowledge and Fluency in using any Operating system and understanding how the software interacts
with each system differently.
(Windows, UNIX (Solaris, HP/UX, AIX, Linux, etc.).
• Detail oriented professional with excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skill with experience or exposure to working with a global team

4. Senior QA Engineer
Experience: 3-6 years
Qualification: Master or Bachelors in Computer Science & Engineering or Equivalent
Requirement:
• 6 -10 years of experience in Product testing
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree
• Strong working knowledge in Unix/Windows Operating system
• Strong knowledge in RDBMS and experience writing SQL scripts
• Knowledge of Perl and Shell scripting
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
• Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
• Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts

5. Associate DBA
Experience: 2-4 years
Qualification: Master or Bachelors in Computer Science & Engineering or Equivalent
Requirement:
• Strong proficiency and understanding of DBA technologies on UNIX/Microsoft platforms.
• Must have 2+ years DB2 or Oracle database server/client installation, configuration and maintenance experience.
• Expertise in DB2 Database Technologies 8/9 or Oracle 9i/10g a must.
• Expertise with performance tuning, backup and recovery, space management and managing users and database
• security.
• Experience with other Database technologies like Informix, Sybase, Teradata is desirable.
• Expertise with supporting, and maintaining production databases.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work with employees and customers at all skill levels; including the ability
to translate and communicate technical and analytical issues to all types of end users.
• Shell scripting knowledge and Perl programming skills are a plus; Knowledge of SAN and NAS technologies is a plus

6. Senior IT Operation Analyst
Experience: 5-7 years
Requirement
• Experience working in/with IT operations organizations with a broad knowledge of IT infrastructure
• A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in IT process improvement methodologies and tools (ITIL preferred)
• A minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience as a business analyst, gathering customer requirements and
successfully contributing to the full project lifecycle as a business analyst
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• In-depth understanding of current future state IT processes
• Experience developing global business processes that account for both global and local requirements
• Demonstrated ability to work with a global virtual team; Effective negotiation and influencing skills.

7. Senior / Lead Support Engineer
Experience: 4-7 years
Requirement
• Extensive industry experience in supporting mission critical software components.
• Experience with Data Warehousing, Data Integration and Business Intelligence tools
• Good Knowledge and experience in Windows and Unix
• Excellent grasp of any one RDBMS theory and practice
• Experience in Oracle, MSSQL Server and/or DB2
• Informatica Products experience; Experience with SAP, Siebel, People soft, EAI products.
• A high degree of analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.; Excellent written and verbal communication

8. Senior Technical Writer
Experience: 5-8 years
Qualification: BA/MA/BS/MS (humanities, social sciences, engineering, or journalism)
Requirement
• Experience writing to DBA audience (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, and DB2)
• Experience with databases, SQL, XML, application servers, data warehousing, web services, data profiling, and data
modeling; Alternatively, sound technical aptitude
• Experience with FrameMaker, Web Works Publisher, and HTML
• Excellent analytical and written communication skills
• Excellent leadership and project management skills
• Ability to quickly learn technical information
• Ability to meet deadlines and help others meet them
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and develop schedules

PM me for further details. I am no head hunter, these jobs have been placed on our internal website for referrals.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:35   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadinc View Post
No openings in Automotive Industry :(

I believe there are many others like yours truly myself who would give there right arm to get into automotive industry.
motorheadinc, what is your profile like? You can PM me if you want.
Old 2nd September 2008, 10:12   #48
Senior - BHPian

Want to know about AO - job offered to me

Did not want to start a new thread so posting my query here as it is related to jobs

I have been offered a job in following organizations:
1. IBM Software labs - pune
2. Atos Origin - pune

I was not able to get enough info on Atos origin as its facility in Pune is new and I hardly know anybody working in Atos. Could you guys please help me understand about Atos in following fields:

1. Work culture and work quality
2. Onsite opportunity for C,C++ resource
3. Long term/Short term onsite
4. I have been offered - System analyst role. I have 4 years exp. in C++. Is it ok?

Thanks in advance and sorry for thread hijack.
Old 2nd September 2008, 11:45   #49
BHPian

Guys, any openings in the telecom sector. My expertise are in GSM protocols/ network security/ and IMS (IP multimedia subsystems). Currently a PM with 10 yrs of experience in the telecom domain.
Old 2nd September 2008, 20:59   #50
BANNED

@neoonwheels: Take the IBM offer, ISL is the baby of IBM you will pampered like no one else there. Expect a good environment for research and development and will get to work with some of the best tools and people in the industry.
Old 3rd September 2008, 09:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

Great Thread... This is really informative and helpful to all T-Bhpians

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 3rd September 2008 at 09:52.
Old 3rd September 2008, 12:40   #52
BHPian

I repeat

Meanwhile, I'm looking:

Head- Marketing Communications/Creative Director/Editor.

Advertising is a tad fluid for my digestive system, so client side preferred. IT/BPO/KPO etc. but I would certainly consider other industries including Retail, Biotech, Hospitality, Banking...

Perhaps it would help if I spelled it out- I write:
ads, brochures, films, websites, EDMs, regular mailers, presentations/demo CDs etc.
Also indulge in SEO/SEM.

My skills are strongly tilted towards e media. Please PM me of anything suitable.

Rajeev
[/quote]
Old 5th September 2008, 10:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

The following positions are open in my organization (The premier measurement company -- advancing electronics, communications, life sciences and chemical analysis.)
For detailed job requirements please PM me ASAP.
Attached Thumbnails
The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread-jobs.jpg  

Old 5th September 2008, 10:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

Any of you working for Multimedia/Graphics..using 3ds max/maya i am planning to upgrade myself sooner
Old 5th September 2008, 11:31   #55
BHPian

Hi Rajeev / NetChef,

Would you be open to being an external communications consultant for ERP service provider.?

Is re-location to Bbay on the cards by any chance.!!!

Since you mentioned 'e media', would love to know of your prior exposure in it.

In any case, I could try & hook you up with a few friends who've lived the ad-life and are now part of the client org, drummin out campaigns.

Let's chat up to get a clearer picture.

Rgds

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Meanwhile, I'm looking:

Head- Marketing Communications/Creative Director/Editor.

Advertising is a tad fluid for my digestive system, so client side preferred. IT/BPO/KPO etc. but I would certainly consider other industries including Retail, Biotech, Hospitality, Banking...

Perhaps it would help if I spelled it out- I write:
ads, brochures, films, websites, EDMs, regular mailers, presentations/demo CDs etc.
Also indulge in SEO/SEM.

My skills are strongly tilted towards e media. Please PM me of anything suitable.

Rajeev
[/quote]
Old 5th September 2008, 11:34   #56
BHPian

My company is urgent need of 3 recruiters. Please PM me for details.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 5th September 2008, 14:31   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
@neoonwheels: Take the IBM offer, ISL is the baby of IBM you will pampered like no one else there. Expect a good environment for research and development and will get to work with some of the best tools and people in the industry.
For reasons better know to me..i completely agree with spitfire
Old 5th September 2008, 17:07   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
For reasons better know to me..i completely agree with spitfire
Have heard the same from seniors from my college....
Go for IBM
Old 5th September 2008, 20:42   #59
BHPian

TEST ARCHITECT in Hyderabad

My company is looking for TEST ARCHITECT. The position will be in Hyderabad, If any one interested please PM me.

Education and Experience Requirements

• Graduate degree in computer science/engineering or other related degree
  • 10+ years of experience in test engineering and/or software development.
  • Good knowledge of current industry wide Quality & Test processes and practices, tools and techniques
  • Strong understanding of Self Service Architectures and software (i.e. CEN / XFS (Extensions for Financial Services Applications)) preferred
  • ISTQB Certification, Experience of C#, .Net, VB Script, SPL Methodologies and Test Automation (particularly Compuware Test Partner) advantageous

Key Areas of Responsibility

The Test Architect
  • provides Technical Leadership and Strategic Direction to the testing organisation
  • is responsible for Test Strategy formulation
  • formulates & develops an effective Test Architecture
  • pro-actively seeks to make continuous improvements to Test coverage, execution and automation
  • pro-actively analyzes current processes and practices and suggest/ drive improvements. Also, defines processes as needed
  • is involved in driving organization-wide Quality Process initiatives and their implementation to ensure Quality of deliverables
  • influences the product organization's future direction, strategy and planning, particularly in the area of “testability”
  • supports design & development of the Test Automation framework / harness and any in-house tools required. Where tools do not fully meet requirements of the organisation, the TA writes code / develops components that can extend available tools or even design & develop tools as needed
  • has overall product knowledge and is able to guide both junior and senior team members
  • helps with Test plan development
  • participates in test planning for and owns the definition of test artifacts such as test specs, code, etc.

Scope

The Test Architect will :
  • Be responsible for the Test Architecture of FSE ATM and Systems Management applications
  • Work with other groups such as the platform and architecture teams to drive requirements for Testability
  • Work with SME's in other industries to share Test Engineering best practices.

Work Environment

Working Relationships: Individuals in this role will work closely with the following groups or individuals:
  • Test Engineers and Test Engineering Management
  • Architecture team
  • Development teams
  • PS
  • Product Management
  • Project Managers
  • Platform and Device Teams

Other Challenges of Work:
The Test Architect
  • is the foremost Technical Authority for Test Engineering and is responsible for the overall Quality of deliverables across all parameters, both functional and non-functional including performance, security, usability, etc.
  • has wide-reaching scope, impact and influence extending beyond the confines of the Test organisation and spans across the entire product organization
  • maintains a “big and complete” picture view of the products, dependencies, organizational goals, technology arena, etc. and helps guide & direct the functioning of the test organisation appropriately
  • is involved in understanding Business requirements from a Test Engineering perspective and works with the development architect to translate requirements into solution architecture designs. Reviews requirements and seeks clarity as required, participates in product design reviews and works with the development architect and development team to make any design improvements and refinement as needed. Also helps incorporate Testability requirements into design
  • analyzes competitive products and technologies and makes appropriate suggestions (may use demos, pocs) to influence product / technology direction

Competencies
  • Solid background in Software Quality & Testing. Hands-on experience having performed both functional and non-functional testing and be able to review requirements, design and even code as needed
  • Software Analysis & Design knowledge/experience
  • Extensive Technical skills covering Products, Technologies and Competitive knowledge.
  • Knowledge of current industry wide Quality & Test processes and practices, Tools and techniques
  • Ability to work with teams
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Ability to motivate self and others
  • Ability to set and achieve goals
  • Ability to strategize and look ahead and at the big picture
  • Maturity, accountability, high degree of integrity, highest levels of pro-active behavior and ability to take initiative
  • Sound Project Management abilities
Old 6th September 2008, 17:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Hi Rajeev / NetChef,

Would you be open to being an external communications consultant for ERP service provider.?

Is re-location to Bbay on the cards by any chance.!!!

Since you mentioned 'e media', would love to know of your prior exposure in it.

In any case, I could try & hook you up with a few friends who've lived the ad-life and are now part of the client org, drummin out campaigns.

Let's chat up to get a clearer picture.

Rgds
[/quote]

SRShrikanth: Thanks, sir- appreciate it.

External consultant to ERP service provider? - yup, sure.

Relocation to BBY?? Nope, lowest priority . However if the terms can be worked so I don't need to sleep on Cchinchpokli station, perhaps.

I've worked client side for 4 years. In this instance it's serendipity as the firm was a VA-based mini-ERP product developer/marketer/implementer with clients around the globe, tho chiefly States side.

e includes: websites, EDMs, landing pages, SEO/SEM etc.

"...In any case, I could try & hook you up with a few friends who've lived the ad-life and are now part of the client org, drummin out campaigns....'

Excellent.

let's take this offline.
PM me your number and I'll call.

else, write me at netchef@rediffmail.com

Thanks again.

Rajeev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks