Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2008, 16:56   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Isn't a Safari perfect for this approach road? You could literally glide over the gravel and sand

Don't any of your neighbours have larger cars? How do they manage? Is there a way you could park outside (safely) or is the walk too long?
Old 13th July 2008, 11:09   #17
BHPian

:(

I live in an area that is completely overcome by slums that have now evolved into huts. They have encroached to the point that a Honda Accord has a terrible time getting into the compound (I know, I've tried and failed).

I'm left with cars no bigger than my Optra to chose from. Sadly, none of them have quality interiors (a BIG requirement) for me.

The Fiat 500 will, hopefully, change all that

Has anyone tried to legally remove slum dwellers in the past couple years?
Old 13th July 2008, 11:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

nope, I live in a relatively rural area. mostly autorikshaw's and a few 800's. the road is narrow and broad in some areas ( in where autos and bikes are parked ). When I try to manouver my car through the tight spaces , people seem to grin and look with a face that says " look at that idiot, he had to go buy a big indica, he should have just bought another 800 like us" . some part of it may be jealousy at work... Whenever we've asked some of the autorikshaw owners to move/park in places which would give me more room to drive comfortably, some have gotten hostile , aand others have replied " it is our livelihood saar , what can we do ".
Sometimes you feel that the world is out to get you, and yes, I do sometimes have visions of bashing up those autorikshaws with the bull, but It's hardly practical
Old 14th July 2008, 12:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

Same is the case with me. A very narrow lane, land encroached by the slum dwellers with loads of protection from the local MLA. To top it up, these slum dwellers had ancestral properties up in north India, Pen, Alibaug towards which Reliance offered them handsome money. Now, I have indica's, Accent's etc etc parked in on the approach road. Any function, they close the road to set their DJ setup and speakers. Our building is literally helpless as they have the protection.

PS: Mine is the only building on that road and rest all has been encroached upon by these slum dwellers and rickshaw people.
Old 14th July 2008, 12:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Same is the case with me. A very narrow lane, land encroached by the slum dwellers with loads of protection from the local MLA. To top it up, these slum dwellers had ancestral properties up in north India, Pen, Alibaug towards which Reliance offered them handsome money. Now, I have indica's, Accent's etc etc parked in on the approach road. Any function, they close the road to set their DJ setup and speakers. Our building is literally helpless as they have the protection.
@ Amtak: Yeah, I really pity your situation. This is one of those times when we feel helpless.

My problem is slightly different. Where my dads house is, the road is actually good enough for two cars to pass through if those asxxx dont park on the road.

Literally the entire stretch is parked with vehicles on either side, that it makes it difficult to travel on the road as well as turn into the house.

Have contemplated taking my 540 to mow them over - maybe will do it sometime
Old 14th July 2008, 12:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Have contemplated taking my 540 to mow them over - maybe will do it sometime
I always feel like burning it all as one of their cars hit my car and they had the courage to ask me money when the fault was clearly theirs
Old 14th July 2008, 20:18   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
Move. Move now before inflation makes it impossible.
Yes I agree. 3 months back I was planning to buy innova G4. Now their models are costing 40-50K more. And I am sure if I wait I will pay even more for the same car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks