Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 19:49   #511
BHPian

Problem with IDBI bank netbanking

Hi guys,

I have this peculiar problem with netbanking at the IDBI bank. I've more than one SB account (at different cities), one of which is for meeting all my everyday banking requirements (including netbanking transactions, -- if I can have it, that is). The problem is, I do not want any netbanking transaction access to any of my other accounts with them, -- only to this one particular account alone. But the bank, in their infinite wisdom, has this very peculiar system of allowing netbanking transaction facility not to a specific account, but to all accounts spanning a Customer ID (i.e. it will expose all accounts under that same Customer ID, and not just the one specific one as per my need)! I will not have it this way for security reasons. So I have to go to some other bank(s) just to meet all my netbanking transaction requirements!

My question is, have other banks already seen the light, and so meet this very basic requirement of providing account-specific netbanking access? Funnily, IDBI bank does allow account-specific access to debit cards (so I have that)! I wonder what stops them from extending the same basic security feature to netbanking as well !
Old 19th April 2017, 19:11   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Hi guys,

I have this peculiar problem with netbanking at the IDBI bank

IDBI bank offers selective net banking account access under single customer ID only to corporate entities viz. partnership firms, companies etc. For retail i.e. individual account holders there is no such facility, you either have only view access or full online transaction rights to all your accounts. Though this is meant to be convenient for the user, there may cases like yours where selective access option could be given.
Old 19th April 2017, 19:44   #513
BHPian

Re: Which bank to open an account in?

Thanks. Any idea about other banks? I believe IDBI bank can be prodded into seeing reason only if the competition have already done so!
Old 21st June 2017, 11:43   #514
Senior - BHPian

Anyone tried linking kids accounts to parents' in ICICI? In HDFC it happens by default on the parent/guardian's online account.

The branch and phone banking seem clueless and seem interested in passing the ball There is no service request for this purpose either.

With the parent and 2 kids mapped to same mobile number. iMobile shows up one of the kids accounts, not the other 2 .

Any ideas?
Old 11th October 2017, 20:07   #515
Senior - BHPian

I have had a 1 year banking with Deutsche Bank, Bangalore. Somehow the system entry was in the wrong category at the time of opening the account (their desk error). They used to send me the KYC documents every 3 months, RM told me to ignore it without checking the details and finally ended up with a frozen account start of this month. None of the usual transfers were possible from 1st Oct to 10th Oct. Which was totally disappointing and beyond any hope on the time required for a solution. DB do not have a mobile app, they are not in the scroll list of income tax or nsdl websites. So every tax payment had to be through my savings with HDFC.

I have a savings with Yes Bank which is top class in every way compared to any other bank I have dealt with in the past. The touch ID of Yes Bank mobile app is something that saves a lot of time and hassle. Please suggest me a reliable bank that is meant for salary transfers and the usual company bill payments etc. Love to have a mobile platform which is convenient to operate on the go. Question is:

1. Should I open a current acc with Yes Bank where I have a savings already ?
2. Should I go with HDFC where I have over 15 years banking history ?
3. Kotak Mahindra is another fast growing one I find, should I give a try ?
4. Have had bad experiences with ICICI and Axis in the past, so its a total No !
Old 11th October 2017, 20:18   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
4. Have had bad experiences with ICICI and Axis in the past, so its a total No !
Have you tried Citibank?
Old 11th October 2017, 20:20   #517
BHPian

Kotak is really good and I would recommend the same to you - especially their mobile banking!
Old 11th October 2017, 20:24   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Have you tried Citibank?
Once I had applied for a credit card, the service was very lousy. While checking some details, I found them demanding more from the customer. May be because they are already established, no interest for small companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Kotak is really good and I would recommend the same to you - especially their mobile banking!
Thank you So much !

Last edited by shajufx : 11th October 2017 at 20:28.
Old 11th October 2017, 20:35   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Once I had applied for a credit card, the service was very lousy. While checking some details, I found them demanding more from the customer. May be because they are already established, no interest for small companies
Shaju, Citi's CC and Banking divisions operate differently. Yes, they do demand more in terms of deposit commitments. I have been utilising Citibank's services in one form or the other since '03/'04 and can confidently say they are really good/responsive/professional even when compared to India based stalwarts like ICICI, Kotak & HDFC all of whom I do business with.

But I've not experienced services by Yes Bank and IndusInd. But my brother who is based in the UAE banks with the latter and he's pretty happy.
Old 11th October 2017, 22:33   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest me a reliable bank that is meant for salary transfers and the usual company bill payments etc.
Check out IndusInd Bank. I opened Exclusive account with them 2 weeks back. Was very impressed with the service. Everything was done from my home, without having to visit the branch. The interest rates offered by them are also a bit more than market standard of 4%.
Old 11th October 2017, 23:20   #521
BHPian

I suggest State Bank of India. Simple and efficient service, once the basic setup is taken care of. Mobile app works well. Well supported for netbanking transactions on any Indian site.
Old 12th October 2017, 00:36   #522
BHPian

I would suggest you to avoid ICICI at any cost, my hotel's POS machine is down since June when their tech came to update it and even after repeated calls, complaint letters, e-mails no one has even visited to check it till date. All they say is that tech would come tommorow, same response over & over again, and neither the tech nor that tommorow ever came till date. I was so frustrated that I didn't renew may car's insurance policy with ICICI Lombard, instead choose National Insurance, though this subject is not related to the topic but when ICICI can't even handle a simple POS repair job how can I trust them with the insurance of my car.
Previously they took nearly two months to update the phone number on the account which is absolutely rubbish.

Last edited by wrongturn : 12th October 2017 at 00:47.
Old 12th October 2017, 01:57   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Check out IndusInd Bank. I opened Exclusive account with them 2 weeks back. Was very impressed with the service. Everything was done from my home, without having to visit the branch. The interest rates offered by them are also a bit more than market standard of 4%.

My family has been an Indusind Exclusive (grouped) customer since quite a few years now. They have literally spoiled us, when it comes to service.
Old 12th October 2017, 19:38   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
....not experienced services by Yes Bank and IndusInd. But my brother who is based in the UAE banks with the latter and he's pretty happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Check out IndusInd Bank. I opened Exclusive account with them 2 weeks back. Was very impressed with the service....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
I would suggest you to avoid ICICI at any cost...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
My family has been an Indusind Exclusive (grouped) customer since quite a few years now....
Thanks everyone Kotak and IndusInd are shortlisted, both are within 10 minutes from my place. An added bonus is my savings acc Yes Bank branch too located in the same area (Sahakar Nagar, BLR). I will just see what account options work for me best and take a call this weekend. With the ever growing traffic, congestion and no parking areas within the city, its good to have your home, work, banking, shopping, kids school etc, all within 5 kms. But I know its a wild dream, still trying to get most of them in one place
Old 12th October 2017, 19:59   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone Kotak and IndusInd are shortlisted, both are within 10 minutes from my place.
I would suggest you avoid Kotak. They are one pestering lot. I remember when I had opened my account (through online ) and they wanted to physically verify IDs with a home visit. Despite telling them that I would be busy for the next ten days and asking them to fix an appointment anytime after it, the guy would keep calling everyday.

Their lack of systems is appalling . The website doesn't have any mention of account closure for accounts opened online (their 811 account).

Consider HDFC. They under promise and over deliver. I have always been amazed by their efficiency. Goof ups are quite rare with them.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 12th October 2017 at 20:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks