Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2022, 22:55   #796
BHPian

Re: Which bank to open an account in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
You replied to a post that was posted ~14 years ago
I saw the thread was still active with latest replies. But ok I was a banker 14 yrs back too .
Old 4th July 2022, 13:21   #797
BANNED

hi any members tried the Sbi Digital Savings Account? Is it just as having a normal savings account?
Old 4th July 2022, 13:29   #798
BHPian

For folks who have their account with Axis bank ? What is the quickest way to connect with the customer executive over the call !? The process is ridiculous to say the least. First you need to give that chatbot your query then it mumbles up something and the loop is never ending ! I've tried calling 3 4 times and had to wait 10+ minutes to be connected with any agent. What a stupid service
Old 3rd August 2022, 16:09   #799
BHPian

Guys,

I've a citibank account which is being taken over by Axis bank. I do not want to opt for Axis bank account. I'm looking for small premium banks to move my citi account. How about HSBC or Deutsche? Or any other small premium banks which will not be crowded, please let me know.

I have ICICI account for a large bank needs.
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 19:06   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Guys,

I've a citibank account which is being taken over by Axis bank. I do not want to opt for Axis bank account. I'm looking for small premium banks to move my citi account. How about HSBC or Deutsche? Or any other small premium banks which will not be crowded, please let me know.

I also have an account with CITIBANK. Looking at the feedback about AXIS bank on this forum, I am also thinking of letting the Citibank account close and not move to AXIS.

I also have a account with HSBC. Have mixed feelings about them tending towards negative. Somethings are good like their phone banking help. But many things are weird. Like to get an interest certificate they take a full week. On other banks you can get that instantly online. For changing the PIN of the ATM card you have to visit their branch etc. Also there is talk that the Bank may get split soon.
JediKnight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 20:17   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
I also have an account with CITIBANK. Looking at the feedback about AXIS bank on this forum, I am also thinking of letting the Citibank account close and not move to AXIS.

I also have a account with HSBC. Have mixed feelings about them tending towards negative. Somethings are good like their phone banking help. But many things are weird. Like to get an interest certificate they take a full week. On other banks you can get that instantly online. For changing the PIN of the ATM card you have to visit their branch etc. Also there is talk that the Bank may get split soon.
Same boat as you guys. I have an hdfc account as secondary, so I thought why not axis.
What are you guys doing with reward points? Which is the best way to encash.

Maybe members with axis account can share some details.

Edit: Read a couple of posts back, maybe icici is the bank to select for hassle free internet banking.

Last edited by SideView : 12th August 2022 at 20:25.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 21:40   #802
BHPian

Quote:
How about HSBC or Deutsche? Or any other small premium banks which will not be crowded, please let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
I also have a account with HSBC. Have mixed feelings about them tending towards negative.
Have been using HSBC (Premier account) for about a decade and I am generally satisfied. They have improved leaps and bounds in terms of their digital/ mobile / internet banking in last few years. I hated them previously but I am reasonably happy with them offlate.
Their Phone Banking is very competent.
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 10:28   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
What are you guys doing with reward points? Which is the best way to encash.
Which reward points you are talking about? Citi credit card or debit card points? You can ask it in credit card thread if it's credit card points. For debit card points, you can just get it as cash in account by redeeming them. Better to do it before Axis transfer to avoid issues.

I have not yet decided to go with Axis Bank so have not opted the relationship transfer.
Old 13th August 2022, 11:12   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Which reward points you are talking about? Citi credit card or debit card points? You can ask it in credit card thread if it's credit card points. For debit card points, you can just get it as cash in account by redeeming them. Better to do it before Axis transfer to avoid issues.

I have not yet decided to go with Axis Bank so have not opted the relationship transfer.
Both credit and debit card.

Is redeeming for cash the best way? Or any good coupon options.
Old 13th August 2022, 11:22   #805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've a citibank account which is being taken over by Axis bank. I do not want to opt for Axis bank account.
I followed my Citi WM to Axis and opened a Burgundy account there. Since then I've closed one Citi card and am in the process of closing the second. Once done I'll close the savings account also and that will be that.

(My second card is a PremierMiles card; and this morning I find that the premiermiles.co.in website is throwing up errors - no flights shown, various errors when booking etc. Eventually booked at Cleartrip some tickets I needed. So be aware that Citi's tech and processes are probably going to the dogs already.)
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 14:40   #806
BHPian

Quote:

Please post in Credit card thread which is quite active on the best possible redemption options for Citi credit card. I don't have any Citi credit card.

For debit card, years ago, they used to have gift vouchers you can choose from net banking itself. Then it got changed to some rewards card and for people who didn't opted like me, it become banking rewards points and I believe encashing is the only option. I sent SMS last week and got it credited as cash in the account. However I guess they do in multiples of 100 after minimum redemption points of 250. Now left with 41 odd points and not sure what will happen to it
Old 13th August 2022, 14:59   #807
BHPian

Quote:

I am also in the same boat. First I wanted to redeem points from my Citi CC (mine is Indian Oil CC), then close that CC and finally close the suvidha account.
As the first step, yesterday I redeemed my CC points for fuel. For my CC, redeeming it for fuel is the best option as the conversion rate will be 1P=Rs1.
Old 31st August 2022, 11:58   #808
BHPian

I want to open a current account which mainly involves receiving money from foreign land. I was suggested ICICI One Globe Trade account [OGT]. Could anyone please share your experience on the same?

Few years ago when I received money in my current account, I had to submit a letter every time only after the bank credited the money to my account which is a pain in the wrong place. I heard such hassles doesnt exist with OGT account.
Old 31st August 2022, 12:15   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
I want to open a current account which mainly involves receiving money from foreign land. I was suggested ICICI One Globe Trade account [OGT]. Could anyone please share your experience on the same?

yes, you can settle inward remittances from internet banking account itself with ICiCI
JustStarted is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 12:25   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post

Few years ago when I received money in my current account, I had to submit a letter every time only after the bank credited the money to my account which is a pain in the wrong place. I heard such hassles doesnt exist with OGT account.
Do you really need a current account? You can always recieve money in a savings account.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks