Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2012, 15:26   #151
J.Ravi

Re: Which bank to open an account in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Which bank is the best? Net banking is must and would be using regularly to pay bill etc
I am fully satisfied with my priority bank account with Axis Bank jointly holding with my wife. The RM visited my home several times for important transactions. Today also, the branch head and RM visited my home for an important transaction. I too have accounts at SBI. Both Axis Bank and SBI have secure Internet banking facility through which I do my normal banking transactions.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 29th February 2012 at 15:32.
  (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 17:21   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50
Anyone recently opened Joint Account? Which bank is the best? Net banking is must and would be using regularly to pay bill etc
HDFC is minimum 10k balance, I already have 2 Joints but both are zero balance and they are not ready to give me a third one.
Try citi Bank it. Its very good for bill payment. But the minimum balance for the savings account is 25k. But they are courteous to refund the deducted amount in case you maintain lesser than prescribed minimum balance once you start maintaining 25k
Old 29th February 2012, 23:12   #153
BHPian

Hi everybody
2 months back opened an account with IDBI.As raccoon has mentioned everything was done at my doorstep.
Zero balance and more importantly if you preclose your FD after 1 year no penalty for it.Other banks levy .5%
Amongst PSU banks they offer the best interest rate.
I would also recommend SBI for travellers.Excellent wide network of 15000 branches.
Minimum balance rs 1000.Opt for their multicity check book.You can encash at any of their branches.Far better than an ATM card.
On saturday paid for a hotel by using their debit card absolutely no hassle.For somebody who would like to book railway tickets IMHO the best bank.(I do not or have ever worked for any bank).One caveat their service is not as good as the private banks.
Hope this helps
Regards
Old 29th February 2012, 23:39   #154
BHPian

Try HDFC or YES Bank. Both have excellent customer service with very minimum charges.

Yes Bank even has a policy of withdrawing cash from any ATM any number of times. This makes it really easy and you do not have to think twice before entering an ATM. Moreover it is the only bank to offer 6% flat rate of interest on a savings account with deposits under a lakh. Recently it has been ranked one of the 10 best banks in India (i guess rediff article mentioned at 5/6th rank).
Old 1st March 2012, 00:02   #155
BANNED

Which bank offers free credit card upon opening of a saving account ? HSBC provide that but from here what I learn is to stay away from HSBC.
Old 1st March 2012, 01:46   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody
2 months back opened an account with IDBI.As raccoon has mentioned everything was done at my doorstep.
Zero balance and more importantly if you preclose your FD after 1 year no penalty for it.Other banks levy .5%
Amongst PSU banks they offer the best interest rate.
I would also recommend SBI for travellers.Excellent wide network of 15000 branches.
Minimum balance rs 1000.Opt for their multicity check book.You can encash at any of their branches.Far better than an ATM card.
On saturday paid for a hotel by using their debit card absolutely no hassle.For somebody who would like to book railway tickets IMHO the best bank.(I do not or have ever worked for any bank).One caveat their service is not as good as the private banks.
Hope this helps
Regards
How is this multicity cheque far better than a ATM card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Try HDFC or YES Bank. Both have excellent customer service with very minimum charges.
HDFC and very minimum charges??

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Which bank offers free credit card upon opening of a saving account ? HSBC provide that but from here what I learn is to stay away from HSBC.
AFAIK, HDFC does. At least pretty soon after opening an account. Dunno if they have some criterion though. No personal experience with their card.
Old 2nd March 2012, 02:22   #157
BHPian

Raccoon
Hi
I always like to carry notes of different denominations.It is better this way when you are travelling.In the smaller places getting change is not easy and even if you get it the notes are in pathetic condition.
In Drass(aug 2011)the SBI teller did not have rs 30 in his drawer(imagine that) and so he paid from his purse.
It is not that I dont carry ATM cards but I prefer to encash cheques.
Another point the HDFC ATM at Leh had a long queue so I filled out a withdrawal slip(I had not carried my HDFC cheque book) at the branch and within 5 minutes got my cash.
Cheques dont expire.At Amritsar(Sep 2011) my Union Bank ATM card had expired.Walked into the branch filled out a withdrawal slip and got cash within 10 minutes.Only thing you need to carry an original ID with your photo and they keep of a copy of that.Same bank at gurgaon(ATM was not working) in october 2010 and same way I got my cash.
Regards
PS:Gaurav hi.I read an ad by Yes Bank that they have hiked their interest to 7%.Is it selective and conditional?
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:52   #158
Senior - BHPian

^^^Ouch, sounds like too much work. But I can see that your needs are different. As for me, I hate even going to the bank. My kind of bank is where you can do everything on the net or at most thru ATMs. All in minimum possible time. And because ATMs seem to have queues esp. in evenings, I almost always go late night.

As for Yes bank, the last time I looked, 7% is for deposits beyond 1 lac. Else its 6%.

Does anybody know whats their min monthly/quarterly balance requirement (if any)?
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:31   #159
Senior - BHPian

I will suggest IDBI.
I especially like their Fixed Deposit rates. They are usually good and you can break the FD without any penalty getting charged.
Old 3rd March 2012, 01:17   #160
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Ya, everything free like I mentioned. I just discovered that even getting a DD is free! Duplicate statements, passbook, etc., etc., also free! Woo hoo!!
Old 4th March 2012, 01:15   #161
BHPian

Raccoon
Hi.
It is not that I dont use my ATM card but avoid wherever and whenever possible.
A plus point of going to a branch you see faces.
Any day I would like to revisit HDFC Leh and Indore branch
Regards
PS:As mentioned in my earlier post I opened an account with IDBI.Far better deal than HDFC.Even the branch premises are larger and spacious
Old 5th March 2012, 16:10   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

SBI gives printed image of cheq's deposited as proof

Went to SBI today to deposit a cheque, and was pleasantly surprised by the changes.

A recent change was to swipe your ATM card at the teller counter for cash deposits, hand over the money to the teller - and the amount is credited to your account. No forms to fill in.

Today, I wanted to deposit a cheque from HDFC bank. I filled in the form, but was directed to a new machine in the ATM room. One has to feed in the pay-in slip into the machine, and then the cheque. Both of these are scanned and a small printout of the image of both of these is handed back to the depositor as proof of deposit.

Process is to feed in the pay-in slip, wait for print out & then insert the cheque & get the print of the image of the cheque.

The last time I got images of cheques was in US with Citibank. Printed images of all cheques I have handed out would be provided along with my monthly statement.

Way to go, SBI !
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 16:29   #163
F50
Senior - BHPian

Re: SBI gives printed image of cheq's deposited as proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Process is to feed in the pay-in slip, wait for print out & then insert the cheque & get the print of the image of the cheque.

The last time I got images of cheques was in US with Citibank. Printed images of all cheques I have handed out would be provided along with my monthly statement.

Way to go, SBI !
Reminds me of my countless transactions at Bank of America!

Superb, hope all banks follow this one soon.

Last edited by noopster : 5th March 2012 at 23:06. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 5th March 2012, 17:30   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

ICICI Bank is probably the best in online banking, though over time most other major providers have caught up. They are pretty abysmal in customer service though- the less you interact with them the better. A couple of years ago I got irritated by their indifference and moved some of my business to Axis Bank. At least here I have a branch that I can go to and get my urgent queries resolved. ICICI, though professional, completely lacks the personal touch.
Old 8th March 2012, 17:18   #165
BANNED

Best bank for NEFT/RTGS ?

Last edited by unknown : 8th March 2012 at 17:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks