Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2008, 10:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Can you kindly let me know which Bangalore One did accept the applications ? For my friend, they did not and had to go to Koramangala PP office for the same !
One year back when my Passport was due for renewal, Bangaloreone did not accept and personally I had to go the PP office and get it done. Maybe now they are accepting and Renewal can done @ any closest place which has a passport office even if it is different from the Issuing passport office which was Hyderabad in my case. The only relevance being to have supporting documents of a person's stay in that PP office issuing jurisdiction.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:15   #47
Senior - BHPian

Don't you have any travel agent who can guide you in your location. Secondly if your mother can not travel then why you want to renew the passport.
Old 4th December 2008, 11:38   #48
BHPian

Thanks VJ for the clarification. Very much appreciated.
Old 4th December 2008, 13:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
...Don't lose heart, @nutmello, Passport Office is not a soul-less organization. Don't speculate / assume. Call up the Passport Office / Officer at Bangalore and explain your predicament to them. They will tell you what to do for your mother's passport renewal.
Does one have to go personally to get a passport 're-issued' (that's the word used by the GOI which we ordinary mortals know as renewal)?
I don't think so. I got my wife's and kids' passports re-issued last February without their presence--I went there myself, and also had my passport with me to prove how I was related to the applicants.
Old 4th December 2008, 17:52   #50
BHPian

thanks a lot for all replies. after much more investigation, this is what finally i have found
1. bangalore one - only for people in bangalore police jurisdiction. here too only fresh issue accepted, not renewal or reissue.
2. rules change quite quickly. travel agents are not accepting applications for renewal or reissue as they have been so advised by RPO.
3. directly sending by post , courier etc also not allowed.
4. passport holder or nearest relatives only have to go personally to RPO for renewal or reissue.
thanks again
Old 4th December 2008, 18:18   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmello View Post
thanks a lot for all replies. after much more investigation, this is what finally i have found
1. bangalore one - only for people in bangalore police jurisdiction. here too only fresh issue accepted, not renewal or reissue.
2. rules change quite quickly. travel agents are not accepting applications for renewal or reissue as they have been so advised by RPO.
3. directly sending by post , courier etc also not allowed.
4. passport holder or nearest relatives only have to go personally to RPO for renewal or reissue.
thanks again
1. B-One is for Bangalore jurisdiction. It does renewal/re-issue also if the older ones dont have valid visa.
2. May be true. But our office helpdesk does it for us.
3. Only allowed through designated post offices, and that too for fresh passports.
4. True

Last edited by appuchan : 4th December 2008 at 18:33.
Old 4th December 2008, 18:30   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Can you kindly let me know which Bangalore One did accept the applications ? For my friend, they did not and had to go to Koramangala PP office for the same !
the list of Bangalore one centers that accept passport applications (including renewal) is present in RPO Services
i have got my passport renewed last year through Bangalore One. Pretty good service.
Old 4th December 2008, 19:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

BangaloreOne is accepting fresh applications and re-issue applications (if your passport has completed its 10 year term, its called re-issue, not renewal). My Passport was issued in 1997 at Cochin with my Kerala address. It expired in December 2007. I had no immediate overseas travels throughout 2008, so I kept postponing the re-issue stuff until it reached November 2008. So, I submitted the re-issue application at B-one yeshwantpur (collected from bangaloreOne for Rs.10/-) with the following documents;

1) Old passport original with 2 copies each of relevant pages (front, back & ECNR )
2) 3.5 X 3.5 cm size photos 3 with white background (its rule now) pasted on forms
3) My Bank Manager's letter (on the bank letter head) to the Regional Passport Office, stating that I bank with them over 1 year and my address in their record is same as on the application form. (I could avoid it only if I had BSNL bills in my name)
4) Attested Marriage certificate for adding spouse's name, with 2 copies

After varifying all the details on the form and the documents submitted, counter person will take your live photo on the computer cam and print the varification form with your photo & all the details on it. That printout will have your application number, old passport details and payments made ( Rs.1000/).

I got the Police phone call within 10 days to report at my area station. I went there next day morning and signed some papers of varification. 2 passport size photographs were collected by the Policeman too. He hinted for some 'tip' through gestures etc. but I didnt want to put myself into trouble as the same small room had 4 other officers involved in different file works. As I reached home in 10 minutes, I got a call again from the same guy, telling that he will send my papers next day itself. So I told him I will be applying for my mum's passport re-issue as soon as mine is ready (she needs my passport copy for address proof supporting document). Hinted that I will 'consider' him that time. He sounded happy.

I can check my application status online with my file number (mentioned on the bangaloreOne actual reciept). Website states, 'it will be ready for despatch by 11th of December 2008". Means a total of around 45 days for the whole process.

Hope my post has given some helpful tips on the subject. Good luck.

Last edited by shajufx : 4th December 2008 at 19:12.
Old 4th December 2008, 20:12   #54
BHPian

Will the accept a letter from an private MNC big blue chip company(for which i am working)?

Or will they take airtel land line bill, I have bills for more than 2 years...
Old 4th December 2008, 21:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

All private phone bills are invalid. Getting a bank manager's letter is as easy as getting an ice cream ! Just go to your bank, request for a letter for passport office. Most banks have set formats for the purpose. So, its just adding your details into it and printing it, all done in 5 minutes flat, free of cost. Company letter also should suffice, you can reconfirm that with bangaloreOne at 22955420 (yeshwantpur, 24/7 open line).
Old 4th December 2008, 22:15   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Will the accept a letter from an private MNC big blue chip company(for which i am working)?

Or will they take airtel land line bill, I have bills for more than 2 years...
They accepted airtel bills last year same time, when i went for renewal. Have multiple address proofs (including the letter from your company) and the guy will not question you
Old 5th December 2008, 16:30   #57
Senior - BHPian

I had a talk with the B-One centre manager over the phone about the airtel mobile and landline bill, he said its valid. I took the originals and 2 copies each of everything and went to the branch, counter lady said 'no private phone bills are accepted for most government related applications, manager is new and he is not familiar with certain documentations'. So, thats my experience last month (november 2008), so may be you can consider it as the present rule.
Old 7th December 2008, 18:10   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you kindly let me know which Bangalore One did accept the applications ? ...
The one at the Vijayanagar BDA Complex. There is a trained person at every BO location - they may only be working during 1000-1800.
Old 12th December 2008, 12:01   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I took the originals and 2 copies each of everything and went to the branch, counter lady said 'no private phone bills are accepted for most government related applications, manager is new and he is not familiar with certain documentations'. So, thats my experience last month (november 2008), so may be you can consider it as the present rule.
Just came back from the koramangala passport office. They took airtel land line bills with out any issues. The address proof has to be for at least one year. I did it for reissue of passport, with address change.

I guess it is the bangaloreone which is acting over cautious here.
Old 14th December 2008, 09:50   #60
BHPian

latest passport renewal rules

hi all
had been to RPO bangalore a few days back for passport renewal as mine was about to expire.the new rule is: any indian passport up for renewal, has to provide lastest address proof even if there is no change in residence.the lastest address proof must show that you stay there from past 12 months . so BSNL land line bills ( in my case) of 12 months old and last month were needed.please watch out.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th December 2008 at 20:01. Reason: Thread merged with existing.

Most Viewed