Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:06   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you ask about Tatkal?

My wife got a replacement for a lost passport, including amended name, address, spouse (everything, almost!) within a week. She applied just after they withdrew the necessity to show any reason for urgent requirement, one just has to pay a fee.

This was in Chennai, Nov 2006.

<Errr... Cross-posted... obviously!>
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:09   #77
Senior - BHPian

apply for a new passport under tatkal scheme you will get it within 10 day or so, but will cost you more as compared to the normal one.
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

I applied for a new passpert under tatkaal when i was 17 got it in a week, the police check was done 2 days after application.
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:22   #79
Senior - BHPian

this is for renewal. not a new passport. the passport expires in september, and the rules for any foreign country are, that you need 6 months validity.
getting a new passport is not a problem./

i know about tatkaal. and i am willing to pay more than normal too. this time, greasing of palms has to be done to get the damn thing on time. but what is the protocol, and has anyone tried this?
-under 18
- 5 years validity wala passport
-renewal, not new passport

Last edited by frankmehta : 3rd May 2009 at 23:25.
Old 3rd May 2009, 23:27   #80
BHPian

Frank, call or PM me on the relevant board, i've done this before a business trip and the passport was in my hands within 2 weeks, 10 yr validity. Now the question of Minor/Major does not arise as the RPO does not distinguish between non minor and minor (until its an infant, where the name is included in mother's passport).

Regards and fear not.

M
Old 4th May 2009, 10:42   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
this is for renewal. not a new passport. the passport expires in september, and the rules for any foreign country are, that you need 6 months validity.
getting a new passport is not a problem./

i know about tatkaal. and i am willing to pay more than normal too. this time, greasing of palms has to be done to get the damn thing on time. but what is the protocol, and has anyone tried this?
-under 18
- 5 years validity wala passport
-renewal, not new passport
I meant renewal, guess i was too sleepy when i posted. I renewed it 4 months before turning 18.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:39   #82

I had a similar problem like yours. I had to apply for a visa in Jan this year and my PP was expiring in March. I applied for renewal under Tatkaal scheme personally at Passport office in Bangalore, and got my passport in 3 days. "Absolutely no greasing of palms".
When I wanted info on the procedures, I got a lot of conflicting info form friends. So I went to the Passport office personally and they gave me all the right info.
In my case I carried all the documents (Attested photocopies and originals) that I would have otherwise required without Tatkaal also. Thats it.
The procedures there took away half a day in the PP office, but acceptable considering the fact that on the third day someone called me from the office to inform me that my PP has been sent by Speed Post and gave me the Speed Post consignment no.
Old 6th May 2009, 17:22   #83
BHPian

I applied for a passport under tatkaal and it just took about a week which was indeed very quick. More money and couple of docs which were really hard to procure were the two things i needed.
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:56   #84
BHPian

Did you anyone try to book a passport appointment in recent times? The damn website of passport office ( www.passport.gov.in) is not working for past two days. What is the alternative to book a tatkal appointment?
Old 2nd June 2009, 16:06   #85
Senior - BHPian

Tatkal Passport service is a boon to people who want a quick processing of Visa to be done in a record time.
i remember my dad getting done in 8 days in 2008.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:18   #86
BHPian

I had applied for kids passport in first week of july.I applied these in general category after reading that police verification is not required in case, parents hold valid passport.Now even after 35 days,status at passport website is same: application pending for want of police report.
Is it possible to go for 'Tatkal scheme' now? Agents say no,and asking as much as Rs 10000
Old 13th August 2009, 13:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans33 View Post
I had applied for kids passport in first week of july.I applied these in general category after reading that police verification is not required in case, parents hold valid passport.Now even after 35 days,status at passport website is same: application pending for want of police report.
Is it possible to go for 'Tatkal scheme' now? Agents say no,and asking as much as Rs 10000
1) to the best of my knowledge, kids passport they do Address verification. but even other wise 35 days is very very normal by RPO standards
2) my passport application was where it was for 2 months before i woke up and went to the RPO at delhi
3) go there on any day OTHER than wednesday. take application acknowledgement and say u want to meet the PRO.
4) PROs are divided area wise in the first floor. meet the correct guy. they are all very friendly. go prepared with a detailed letter showing urgency. PRO will check the status of your form and he might then give you a firm date in your letter with a ref number. he enters in his computer also to prioritise that app form

after that go to the RPO on that day and collect the passport. 95% u will get it on that day. if you dont, meet the PRO again and gently suggest that you might file an RTI APPLICATION if you cant get passport in 7 days.

then see how things work
Old 13th August 2009, 14:30   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans33 View Post
Quote:
No pre or post verification will be made in the case of applicants up to 15 years of age. However, in all such cases a declaration as given in Annexure-H in passport information booklet should be submitted in each and every case. Applicants above the age of 15 years are advised to apply for full-validity passports, with police verification.
Source

The rules are the same for all RPO's.This is provided you have submitted copy of your passport with your wife's name added or viceversa as address proof and are staying at the same address as listed in your passport.

Youc an convert to tatkal after 30days if passport is not delivered. Just go there and pay the necessary fee.

Last edited by dadu : 13th August 2009 at 14:36.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:32   #89
Senior - BHPian

I started the thread a long time back. Thank God, we didn't plan our trip on the basis that we'll get our passport in 3 weeks. Finally, after 2 months, we got my sister's passport via Speed Post.
Sucks bad, entirely! The Police station where the papers arrived needed 'funds' to increase the speed of the process. I desisted. They complied. But 2 months late.
Old 13th August 2009, 14:46   #90
BANNED

Rules have been simplified a lot. You should get a renewal within a couple of weeks in the normal course of things if there is no change of address. Then police verification is not done.

Most Viewed