Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2011, 18:23   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Guys does anyone know how to cancel a online request made as i managed to get some details wrong on the printed form.

thanks
Old 8th March 2011, 13:20   #122
BHPian

I have to apply for a fresh passport, but change in address.

Under Tatkal, Annexure I is required- some confusion if F is also necessary. Has anyone applied for a fresh passport under Tatkal in Bangalore? If so, can you let me know if you submitted both annexure F & I.

Also, any notary around Indiranagar who can give me annexure I?

Cheers
Ajay
Old 8th March 2011, 13:37   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Guys does anyone know how to cancel a online request made as i managed to get some details wrong on the printed form.
No option to cancel the online registration. Better opt for a fresh registration online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I have to apply for a fresh passport, but change in address.

Under Tatkal, Annexure I is required- some confusion if F is also necessary. Has anyone applied for a fresh passport under Tatkal in Bangalore? If so, can you let me know if you submitted both annexure F & I.

Also, any notary around Indiranagar who can give me annexure I?

Cheers
Ajay
The annexure and the notary are required if you opt for no police verification. If you dont provide the annexures then your application will have to obtain the police clearance. However if there is already a police clearance certificate available for your passport then absolutely no need of the annexures at all.

When you submit the application in Tatkal for change of address the passport office checks if there is already a PCC available, if not then it will have to go through the verification. Irrespective of this verification you will receive your passport as per the options you selected subject to police verification at a later stage. I hope this helps.
Old 8th March 2011, 13:40   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The annexure and the notary are required if you opt for no police verification. If you dont provide the annexures then your application will have to obtain the police clearance. However if there is already a police clearance certificate available for your passport then absolutely no need of the annexures at all.

When you submit the application in Tatkal for change of address the passport office checks if there is already a PCC available, if not then it will have to go through the verification. Irrespective of this verification you will receive your passport as per the options you selected subject to police verification at a later stage. I hope this helps.
My first passport was from Thane, I am now based in Bangalore. So I guess police verification will happen anyways. I dont really have an immediate urgency as there are no travel plans on the horizon (atleast 2- 3 months). Whats your advice on way forward?

Cheers
Old 8th March 2011, 13:43   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
My first passport was from Thane, I am now based in Bangalore. So I guess police verification will happen anyways. I dont really have an immediate urgency as there are no travel plans on the horizon (atleast 2- 3 months). Whats your advice on way forward?

Cheers
Then you can opt for the normal process instead of tatkal, no need for any annexures, saves on cost too.

Since its a change of address, I guess you might be asked to submit the proofs of both new and old address. rest of the documentation remains the same. All the best.
Old 8th March 2011, 13:45   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Then you can opt for the normal process instead of tatkal, no need for any annexures, saves on cost too.

Since its a change of address, I guess you might be asked to submit the proofs of both new and old address. rest of the documentation remains the same. All the best.
Thanks a lot. Appreciate your help
Old 12th April 2011, 00:34   #127
Senior - BHPian

I am tying to schedule appointments under Tatkaal for my parents, who are applying for fresh passports. As per PSK website it looks like booking appointment online is mandatory. However i am not able to schedule an appointment online. It gives a message "All Tatkaal appointments are already booked. Please try scheduling it another day". There is no way to select a date, so i guess you can only schedule for the next day. I tried booking immediately after midnight, but still seeing this error.

Has anyone here from Karnataka tried Tatkaal recently? I am trying to schedule for PSK Mangalore.

Edit: Read the rules section again. Appointments can be made only after 8 AM. So will try at 8 AM.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 12th April 2011 at 00:50.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:05   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I am tying to schedule appointments under Tatkaal for my parents,---

Any success SilentEngine on getting a appointment via tatkal? I have been trying to get one without any success!
Old 20th April 2011, 12:19   #129
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

MODS: I suggest this thread is merged with the Passport Renewal procedure thread. More or less deals with the same set of topics, pain points and experiences in general.
Old 7th May 2011, 15:40   #130
BHPian

I have my permanent home in Kottayam, Kerala. Right now staying in bangalore in rental apartments, since my job is there. I would like add my name , as spouse, in my wifes passport along with a new application for my 5 month old baby also. Planning both in tatkal.

My worry is , I dont want to change the kerala address in passport, since its our permanent address. Bangalore may change based on job. So Can I apply for passport renewal in Bangalore, through passport seva kendra or passport offices, without changing any addresses?
Old 7th May 2011, 16:52   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS-II View Post
Any success SilentEngine on getting a appointment via tatkal? I have been trying to get one without any success!
Sorry for this late reply, but anyway hope this helps.
Yes, had to try throughout the day, so keep trying till around 12pm-1pm, and you might get lucky.
What i noticed is that some slots show up after sometime. It may be a case of some people booking multiple slots and then cancelling the extra slots later.

As i understand, this PSK is on a pilot run Karnataka and Chandigarh, so basically we are guinea pigs for this experiment.

But, the passport applications themselves were rejected on some flimsy grounds. The real reason is that there is nexus between the agents and the office (at least, that is the case in Mangalore), so anyone going directly will have a tough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
MODS: I suggest this thread is merged with the Passport Renewal procedure thread. More or less deals with the same set of topics, pain points and experiences in general.
I agree with this, because the procedure for fresh applications and renewal are almost the same.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 7th May 2011 at 16:54.
Old 7th May 2011, 17:45   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
I have my permanent home in Kottayam, Kerala. Right now staying in bangalore in rental apartments, since my job is there. I would like add my name , as spouse, in my wifes passport along with a new application for my 5 month old baby also. Planning both in tatkal.

My worry is , I dont want to change the kerala address in passport, since its our permanent address. Bangalore may change based on job. So Can I apply for passport renewal in Bangalore, through passport seva kendra or passport offices, without changing any addresses?

You can apply, just don't mention that you don't live in Bangalore.

I live in hyderabad and had to get my passport renewed in a hurry last year. My address was in ghaziabad. Got my wife's renewed too at the same address.

I needed:

marriage certificate
proof of address for wife and me
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2011, 22:16   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
You can apply, just don't mention that you don't live in Bangalore.

I live in hyderabad and had to get my passport renewed in a hurry last year. My address was in ghaziabad. Got my wife's renewed too at the same address.

I needed:

marriage certificate
proof of address for wife and me

Here in my case mine and my wife's permanent address in Kerala is very well valid and our parents live there.

So from this post if I am not wrong, I need to fillup wife's renewal application with kerala address itself and add my name in spouse area. For my baby, I can use my permanent address as her address too?

I heard that spouse name addition is not required, if we have marriage certificate...

So in this case, the documents required will be a copy of my passport and wife's passport, marriage certificate and babys birth certificate ?

Any pointers?
Old 7th May 2011, 22:26   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Here in my case mine and my wife's permanent address in Kerala is very well valid and our parents live there.

So from this post if I am not wrong, I need to fillup wife's renewal application with kerala address itself and add my name in spouse area. For my baby, I can use my permanent address as her address too?

I heard that spouse name addition is not required, if we have marriage certificate...

So in this case, the documents required will be a copy of my passport and wife's passport, marriage certificate and babys birth certificate ?

Any pointers?
well, it doesn't hurt to add the name of the spouse and it may be needed for women (in place of father's name) - but I'm not sure.

She'll need a proof of address though, and so will you (ration cards, bank account statement - anything will do.) For my wife I took Oriental Bank Of Commerce passbook (got her name added to my account and then got it endorsed from the bank) - that is a PSU bank and we had to give an affidavit (that was required by the passport officer from every single Tatkal applicant in RPO Ghaziabad)

For baby you need parents' passports and Birth certificate.
Old 7th May 2011, 22:39   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I would like add my name , as spouse, in my wifes passport along with a new application for my 5 month old baby
Quote:
I need to fillup wife's renewal application with kerala address itself and add my name in spouse area. For my baby, I can use my permanent address as her address too?

sorry but your 2 posts are not very clear - do you want passport of your wife renewed ( because of any reason - like validity expiry / exhaustion of pages etc ) OR you want to get your name added in her passport ?

if her passport is valid no need to get the name added unless some specific reason is there - you can simply apply for Kids passport but do remember to carry your passport & marriage certificate - you can use the same address for Baby's passport which is mentioned in your passport - tell them that you stay at same place - being a kid there will be no police verification

If you want to apply for a renewal of passport for your wife - again you should mention the same address as mentioned in your passport - in this case Police verification will be done and you may have to shell some extra money to police guy who comes to your old address as he wont find you there . Plus he will signs from your neighbors- at least this is what happens in North - if you cant manage this then better apply her passport from the address where you presently live , you can continue to use your old passport with old address

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks