Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Hi

Sorry to raise this query is tatkaal, but I need this information for a friend of mine who submitted a new application for Passport in Bangalore. Its NOT a tatkaal, but a regular one.

All docs were submitted in Bangalore one. Yesterday, the police constable came to my friends place with the file, checked the details for confirmation and "insisted" my friend (who was in office at that time) to visit the police station with all the original docs. Is this mandatory / required ?

Can anyone please clarify on this?

Thanks
Yes this is required for the confirmation to know that the person is staying at the address given in the passport application and Police will have to verify the same to Passport office, otherwise the Passport will be rejected.

Last edited by gowda79 : 22nd July 2008 at 10:54.
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Yes this is required for the confirmation to know that the person is staying at the address given in the passport application and Police will have to verify the same to Passport office, otherwise the Passport will be rejected.
Raghu, Just concerned as to why they asked for the originals to be bought to the police station. I was under the impression that police verification is for residence confirmation and applicants existance.

Anythings to be taken care of at the police station?

Thanks
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raghu, Just concerned as to why they asked for the originals to be bought to the police station. I was under the impression that police verification is for residence confirmation and applicants existance.

Anythings to be taken care of at the police station?

Thanks
They will require the proof of address original, which you had submitted at the passport office(Ration Card, Voter's ID, etc....).

Hand them over Rs.100 - Rs.200 as a goodwill, but u don't directly give them you hand it over if they ask for it otherwise keep quiet.
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:15   #34
BHPian

My experience on police verification is that they do not demand, but if you give Rs.100 / Rs.200, then the movement of paper back to the passport office will be done fast and with lots of interest.
Old 22nd July 2008, 13:15   #35
BHPian

Thanks guys for all the clarifications. Will convey the same to my friend. And shall keep you posted about the outcome also
Old 12th November 2008, 19:08   #36
BHPian

Converting normal passport application to Tatkal - RPO Bangalore

Hi guys,

I hope someone here could give me some pointers. I really hope.

I was trying to apply for my passport reissue in tatkal in RPO bangalore. However, since I have lived in 2 places in the last one year, I was told that I cannot apply in the tatkal category as I cannot satisfy the 3 address document condition. I was told to get the Verification certificate but I do not know anyone given in that list who can give me a VC.

Finally, I was told to apply in the normal category and wait for the police verification to be done. Here again I will have 2 police verifications in the respective areas that I have stayed. Once both the verifications are done, the lady mentioned that I can convert my application to tatkal and get the passport in 3days. I hope that this option will still give me passport a little earlier than the normal case.

My question is does anyone know of this procedure to convert the application to tatkal? I could not get much help from that lady and also the website doesnt talk anything about conversion of application. Bangalore RPO is once you enter the building but for most of the cases your work is outside standing in queue which is teh same unorganized stuff.

Please do reply back to help me in my confusion.
Old 3rd December 2008, 22:57   #37
BHPian

passport renewal - suggestions please

hi, my mom's passport is due for renewal ( will expire by april 09). she is not well and cannot travel 200kms to passport office in bangalore for personally submitting it. now my problem is
1. no one in mysore is accepting passport for renewal - by autho agents or speed posts or even police SP's office. these guys say that they will take only applications for fresh passport , not renewal ones.
2. im also tied up in various issues , so personally going to blr is a little tough.
3. i tried sending our office staff with a authorisation letter as per the format given along with valid ID of himself duly attested, but the guy who issues the token in passport office refused as for renewal or reissue only the actual passport holder or their nearest ( husband or kids, with proof of being nearest ones related!) must come personally.
how do i go about this issue wihtout actually going to bangalore? thanks
Old 3rd December 2008, 23:52   #38
BHPian

Hey Nutmello, why don't you try reissuing the passport instead of renewing it! I think renewal has to be done only from the place the passport was originally issued from & vice versa in reissue.
Old 4th December 2008, 09:22   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
Hey Nutmello, why don't you try reissuing the passport instead of renewing it! I think renewal has to be done only from the place the passport was originally issued from & vice versa in reissue.
Not necessary. Place of renewal can be difference from place of issue, supported by necessary documents.

Yes, even as per my understanding, for renewal of passports, in Bangalore, the applications are not accepted at Bangaloreone centres, Only at passport office, they are accepted.
Old 4th December 2008, 09:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmello View Post
1. no one in mysore is accepting passport for renewal - by autho agents or speed posts or even police SP's office. these guys say that they will take only applications for fresh passport , not renewal ones.
RTI might work wonders in case of Speed Posts. Unless rules have actually changed in which case they would have to explain in RTI response.
Old 4th December 2008, 09:47   #41

Hi,

I just got reissued my passport form different passport office than the earlier passport issuing office. Reissuing requires very less number of documents i.e. only address proof. Rest process is almost same, there will be Police Inquiry if address is change. I had applied online and submitted application/docs in person, I got within passport in one month!

Following is the detail from Forms

New passport means applying for a passport for the first time or applying for a passport if you have never held any passport earlier. In case an application was ever made at any Passport Office prior to the present application and whether the application was processed or closed, or even if passport was issued and not received by the applicant, details thereof should be given in the relevant column in the present application. Failure to disclose these details, if any, would invite applicable penalty.

Reissue means an application for another passport in lieu of an existing one which has either expired or is about to expire. An applicant may apply for a new passport in lieu of an expired/ about to expire passport upto 3 years after and 1 year before the expiry of the Passport. Re-issue of passport should not be mistaken for renewal of passport.

Renewal of passport means that a passport which was originally issued for a short validity of one to five years - under certain emergency conditions on the part of the applicant - is now required to be extended to its full validity of ten years from the date of issue of the passport.
Old 4th December 2008, 09:54   #42
BHPian

I think renewal is termed as re-issue of passport by the passport office .
Got this info on
RPO : Home Page

As I have to renew my passport as well
Old 4th December 2008, 10:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... even as per my understanding, for renewal of passports, in Bangalore, the applications are not accepted at Bangaloreone centres, Only at passport office, they are accepted.
No, Bangalore One does accept passport for renewal, and they advise / guide properly. I have got a renewal done just 2 weeks back through Bangalore One.

Don't lose heart, @nutmello, Passport Office is not a soul-less organization. Don't speculate / assume. Call up the Passport Office / Officer at Bangalore and explain your predicament to them. They will tell you what to do for your mother's passport renewal.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:28   #44
BHPian

hi nutmello, suggest you try with a well known travel agent near your house. We got ours renewed by "Trade Wings" in m'lore. They charge a nominal fee and your parents presence will be required only during police verification.
Also suggesting you to expedite this renewal process, as the expectation is to apply atleast 6 months prior to the validity of the current passport.

EDIT: sorry, it's a re-issue since you get a new passport number. the prior one will be returned (i guess clipped) to the new passport if you have a visa (valid, or expired) stamped on it. There will be a mention of the old passport number in the last page of the new one.

Last edited by dkamath : 4th December 2008 at 10:32.
Old 4th December 2008, 10:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
No, Bangalore One does accept passport for renewal, and they advise / guide properly. I have got a renewal done just 2 weeks back through Bangalore One.
Can you kindly let me know which Bangalore One did accept the applications ? For my friend, they did not and had to go to Koramangala PP office for the same !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks