Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2008, 06:32   #16
BHPian

got mine done 2 weeks backs. It was a renewal of my passport and I did it under tatkal scheme. Got the Annexure "I" done on stamp paper with notary attestation. Got the passport in 5 days. Police verification was excempted but maybe because no detail in the passport was changed. No idea, if there is another procedure for kids. Chennai passport office generally has touts outside who do the paperwork for you, ahem for a small fee.
Old 16th July 2008, 06:55   #17
BHPian

If both or either parents have a valid passport, then minor's passport will be issued without police verification. This typically means within 5-7 days in Bangalore. I had got this done twice (fresh passport and reissue after 5 years) in Bangalore for my daughter. My passport holds my Bangalore address and my wife's is other state. I dont see the real need for tatkal passport for kids where the whole purpose is to avoid the delays due to pre-verification by police.

Last edited by appuchan : 16th July 2008 at 06:56.
Old 16th July 2008, 07:50   #18
BHPian

[quote=bharanidharang;904986]. Police verification was excempted but maybe because no detail in the passport was changed.[quote]

Though Police veriffication has not been done right now it will be done in a months time and if at that time the police guy don't find any person at home or ask the neighbours and get a negative reponse then your passport may be cancelled and you may be called back if on a foriegn trip.
Old 16th July 2008, 14:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I got TATKAL passport for my baby(he was only 4 months old though), no need of any annexures/verifications, you just need to pay the fee.

You need to fill another annexure though, saying both parents are jointly applying for the passport. THis can be done on plain paper. Make sure that at least one of the spouses have the other spouse name included in the passport, else the kid's application is not considered.

I wonder, what about single parent kids?
Hello Kuttapan,

Did you give any proof for urgency? Will a letter from applicant side do?

Nirmal
Old 16th July 2008, 15:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Make sure that at least one of the spouses have the other spouse name included in the passport, else the kid's application is not considered.

hey make sure this requirement is met. My friends kids application was rejected because they didnt meet this. Watch out for it.

For my son, I made the annexure on a plain paper, and self signed it, as far as I can remember, with my sons imprint and submitted the application. Got it in 2 weeks

Better choice would be to have a word with the officer at RPO, Koramangala

Last edited by aah78 : 18th July 2008 at 04:08. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 17th July 2008, 03:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

For any TATKAL passport, proof of urgency is no more required. All these are explained in detail on the relevant passport office websites.
Old 17th July 2008, 07:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
For any TATKAL passport, proof of urgency is no more required. All these are explained in detail on the relevant passport office websites.
Thanks Kuttapan.

Although the official websites talk about Tatkaal, no where it mentions about "Tatkaal for minors". Information on exemption of annexure "F" and "I" for minors is completely missing.

I hope google will point to this thread as reference for others

Nirmal
Old 17th July 2008, 09:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Make sure that at least one of the spouses have the other spouse name included in the passport, else the kid's application is not considered.

I wonder, what about single parent kids?
Its not a requirement. I got passport for my son. Our passports were were made before marriage and we did not change it.

We got our son's passport without any issue, but police verification was done.

Maybe verification would not have been required if passports had spouse's name.
Old 17th July 2008, 22:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

In Bangalore, it is. When I went to the Post office to submit the application, I was given same requirement, so I went to RPO. Again asked for the same thing. I don't know whether they change these on a regional basis.

And police verification for a kid's passport? Seems like Mumbai RPO has a different focus.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I just saw this thread, boy do I have some serious information to share, why I could write a YetiGuide to passport applications lol.

BUT not tonight, I will write next week.
Old 18th July 2008, 00:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I just saw this thread, boy do I have some serious information to share, why I could write a YetiGuide to passport applications lol.

I am definately looking forward to this one..

Goddy
Old 18th July 2008, 01:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Damn, he is going to hijack this one as well. We should have a separate yetiblog section in t-BHP and then he can get paid by the number of visits he gets. Of course, I get the exclusive rights to sell tickets !
Old 18th July 2008, 03:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn, he is going to hijack this one as well. We should have a separate yetiblog section in t-BHP and then he can get paid by the number of visits he gets. Of course, I get the exclusive rights to sell tickets !
I had already come up with this Idea a couple of weeks back.. But i dont know the Pope that well.. So i guess you can have all the rights to it.

Goddy
Old 20th July 2008, 14:42   #29
BHPian

Hello all,

I submitted the tatkaal application for my son's passport last week. Following were the documents I finally submitted:

1. Duly filled application form (downloaded from net)

2. Birth certificate copy of my son (self attested)

3. My passport copy (self attested)

4. My wife's passport copy (self attested). My wife had my name in her passport. Either one of the spouse should have the name

5. Since our current address is different from address in passport, an address proof was required. I had letter from my company as address proof. But they wanted a copy of my Id card additionally which I didnt have. I had my gas connection copy (self attested) as backup and they accepted it.

6. Personal particulars form (PP) which is for police verification is not required I guess. They did not sign on it.

7. Fee of Rs.600 (normal) + Rs.1500 (tatkaal)

The dispatch will be on 5th day
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:41   #30
BHPian

Is Physical Visit required for New Passport Required in Bangalore?

Hi

Sorry to raise this query is tatkaal, but I need this information for a friend of mine who submitted a new application for Passport in Bangalore. Its NOT a tatkaal, but a regular one.

All docs were submitted in Bangalore one. Yesterday, the police constable came to my friends place with the file, checked the details for confirmation and "insisted" my friend (who was in office at that time) to visit the police station with all the original docs. Is this mandatory / required ?

Can anyone please clarify on this?

Thanks

Most Viewed