Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2012, 12:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Broadband Availibility - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Hmmm alright. Did give BSNL a try. It took me to an inquiry form. On submitting it, got the below.
Please visit the nearest BSNL office. Talk nicely with the people in charge there and they will give you all the information. With BSNL except bill payment nothing else happens via internet.
Old 27th September 2012, 12:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Please visit the nearest BSNL office. Talk nicely with the people in charge there and they will give you all the information. With BSNL except bill payment nothing else happens via internet.
. Will do that. In the mean time, spoke to Airtel. They said that the cable is being laid and is in its final stages. Some hope there. I dont mind waiting for Airtel, would go well with my Airtel DTH recorder box.

However, if they delay, then Karawali it is, till I find a more renowned provider.
Old 27th September 2012, 16:58   #33
BHPian

I booked BSNL connection online. I just showed my interest by logging a case on their website. I got a call from them in few hours and i had the internet connection ready in 2 days flat. I was frankly amazed! They even came home to collect the check. I have not visited any BSNL office till now! This was in July of 2011. Don't know the situation now.

I reached out to BSNL because Airtel connection was not available in my locality in the heart of Bangalore City!
Old 1st October 2012, 18:43   #34
BHPian

My area of Marathahalli has only two broadband providers. Tikona and Karawali.

I chose Karawali, after talking to Tikona who wanted me to take on a plan which has a minimum start up of 4k. This is because they need to install their infrastructure in my building. This along with extremely rude attitude of the manager was a total deal breaker. Would never recommend Tikona at all.

Karawali on the other hand were very courteous and explained their plans very well. They basically have an Airtel leased line with an option to adjust the bandwidth according to the load. Sounded fine to me and I took their 1mbps plan with a Static IP connection for Rs.900/- per month. Speed Test result below. So far so good, fingers crossed.
Attached Thumbnails
Broadband Availibility - Bangalore-speedtest.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2013, 15:03   #35
BHPian

Has anyone tried Airtel 4g LTE? http://www.airtel.in/4g/
There is no broadband in my area. Planning to move out of Photon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks