Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 16:29   #46
BHPian

36 ft. long diamond in Mexico

The other night i reached home and i was sitting at the dinner table waiting for the dinner to be served and my mom tells me that India TV was showing that Mexico has found a Diamon which is 36 Ft. long and weighs around 55 Tons.

This news had me in splits and is was ROTFLMAO... I told her that next day when she will switch on the Television and watch India TV then it will certainly show that US has invaded MEXICO to take over the Diamond... What S***. Specially India TV is always showing some or the Non-sense. These channels should be banned for broadcasting wrong information....
Old 24th October 2008, 16:31   #47
BHPian

Dad u can Watch TV -- those are the words i wait to hear from my kids -- I havent heard them in a while -- i keep myself busy with Cartoon network to destress after a long day at work -- and what do i get to Watch -- Tom & Jerry , Ben 10 ( aliens) and Capeta ( Formula 1 racing) on Cartoon channels. Once in a while i do get the liberty to switch channels and watch a nice action movie ( when was that last time -- dont remember -- never mind)
Old 24th October 2008, 16:33   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Dad u can Watch TV -- those are the words i wait to hear from my kids -- I havent heard them in a while -- i keep myself busy with Cartoon network to destress after a long day at work -- and what do i get to Watch -- Tom & Jerry , Ben 10 ( aliens) and Capeta ( Formula 1 racing) on Cartoon channels. Once in a while i do get the liberty to switch channels and watch a nice action movie ( when was that last time -- dont remember -- never mind)
The Owl on Jetix is very nice.
Old 24th October 2008, 16:50   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
India's most popular entertainment channel, India TV, does it again. Clicked this yesterday

P.S. For those who can't read Hindi, translation is:

Breaking news!! Raj Thakrey's pet dogs have English name!!

..hahahahaha..o man that is quite some "Breaking News"

Why don't we get India TV here in UK??

I have to make do with the other most popular Indian comedy channel in UK: Star News!
Old 24th October 2008, 16:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
India's most popular entertainment channel, India TV, does it again. Clicked this yesterday

P.S. For those who can't read Hindi, translation is:

Breaking news!! Raj Thakrey's pet dogs have English name!!
India TV is the worst news channel. I dont bother myself with news channels and occasionally check NDTV which gives better info at times. Otherwise its just Hbo's and Sports channel for me!
Old 24th October 2008, 17:41   #51
Senior - BHPian

My daughter hogs the television and I end up watching all her cartoon shows. It looks like I have not missed anything great by not watching these stupid channels.

Those were the days when DD used to telecast some interesting programs and we used to wait in anticipation. Probably, lack of choices was a good thing after all. We got to see some wonderful programs then.
Old 7th November 2008, 17:52   #52
Senior - BHPian

One of the most ridiculous pieces of news in the history of mankind.

Hold your breath guys. A few days ago a national Hindi news channel was airing a program on certain unconventional cars like the sQuba etc. and when a clipping of the Thrust SSC was being shown, the voiceover said that models of these cars shall be up for sale and we shall get to see this car running on the roads in about 2-3 years!
Can you beat that?!
Old 14th June 2017, 15:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Re: Whats happening to our TV channels?

It had been a while since I had lunch at office. Since my home is just 3 kms away and I usually start at noon, I prefer lunch at home.
Today I had lunch at office cafeteria. And the cafeteria also happens to have a TV which is switched on during lunch hours. Unless there is a cricket match, News channels are usual business.
I watched all of 10 minutes and then switched off my mind off the TV. In those 10 minutes all I saw was violence/negativity. Some unfortunate person died of this, some other of that. Some bureaucrat hit some worker, fire in London, how a leopard entered some society and ate some pet animals and the chaos.

I told my colleague on how crazy it is for the channels to show only the bad things happening. I am sure there are even more things good happening but that is seldom shown. How these so called journalists dig deep and deep to cover something as trivial as how a pet dog of some minister was lost or what the name was, maybe they can put in half that effort to find the good things happening and showcase them. Goes a long way in how the viewers feel.

But I also realised that it is a vicious circle. They show what viewers want, and the more the viewers watch these, the more the viewers absorb the negativity.

Professionalism, in some highly reputed professions, has gone to the dogs in the name of profitability.
Old 14th June 2017, 17:13   #54
BHPian

Re: Whats happening to our TV channels?

Any idea how the TRP is calculated these days? I really doubt that it reflects what the society wants. If its down to the marketing surveys, then it need not be correct, or reflect the cross section of the society!! I am sure everyone I meet is fed-up of the current set of serials or news (biased or negative rubbish), then how come the TRP is up for such programs or channels!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks