Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 10:40   #1

I want to buy a Beagle in Bangalore. UPDATE: The DON has arrived!

Does anyone know of a petshop where you can buy Beagle pups in Bangalore? Please put phone numbers here so I can show my dad.
Old 25th July 2008, 10:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi Duboy ! PM PatchyBoy (Rajan) as he owns a German shep and a lab and he might give you pointers about your requirement.
Old 25th July 2008, 10:55   #3
BHPian

Hey dude, I am a proud owner of boxers n Great Dane and my younger brother has a St. Bernard and a Neapolitan Mastiff. I would suggest you to speak to a good Dr and then pick up a Beagle. They are very sensitive and you need to go for a best person for getting a good puppy.
Old 25th July 2008, 11:11   #4

Thanks for the advice Vinayvtec, I will go to a good vetinary doctor before bying a beagle.

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th July 2008 at 11:29. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 25th July 2008, 11:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Not sure abt Bangalore, but know that beagles are sold in Chennai for approx 25k. Also Ranbaxy had given a whole bunch of beagles for free in Delhi. Their parents had been used for drug testing though.

Do let us have a nice review of your beagle too. Had one for 11 years and loved the breed. Keep getting tempted to get another, but alas, cant devote the time at present.

Best of luck.
Old 25th July 2008, 11:45   #6
Senior - BHPian

hello duboy,

never buy a dog from any petshop, most often they are kept in the most inhumane conditions,

rather buy it from a good home, where the pups are treated very well, with care and affection.

A good vet in bangalore who has contacts within kennel club of india would def have a clue as to the beagle owners in bangalore and from who to buy one, but then again thats only possible if pups are available, as the beagle is a rare breed in india.

do lemme know if you want me to find out in hyd,

all the best,champ!
Old 25th July 2008, 12:25   #7

PM Patch boy uncle,do you know anyone who breeds beagles, because I want to buy a dog. So please post their numbers if you know anyone.
Old 25th July 2008, 12:47   #8

Thanks Aadix uncle if you know anyone please post their number on the forum.
Old 25th July 2008, 13:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey Duboy why don't you PM our mod theMAG . He is very much into this pet dog thingy. Speak to him and am sure he should be able to guide you to the right place.
Old 25th July 2008, 22:29   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Duboy, why limit to BLR ? you could try other locations also - shouldnt be a problem to transport him. Also, why BLR specifically ?

Good to see you here.
Old 25th July 2008, 23:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Duboy - Have you managed to get permission from your Grandmom for keeping the dog at her place?? Or is Mom letting you keep it with you at home?
Old 28th July 2008, 02:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to TBHPian WildCard a.k.a Dr. Madhavan, we managed to get a healthy 30 day old German Shepherd for Duboy. We ditched the idea of a Beagle after we heard that they bay a lot at night, and are not particularly obedient when taken out for a walk - they prefer to follow their nose rather than the master's instructions. Plus, they're bloody expensive here in India since not many people breed them. Add to that the fact that none were available at our preferred locations.

Thank you Dr. Madhavan - that was quite something. He arranged everything over phone and located a pup in Ooty while we were driving down to Kerala from Bangalore. We got the news and finalized the pup over phone at Dharmapuri, about 100-odd kms from Bangalore, and he arranged for the pup to be brought down from Ooty and have someone meet us on the Coimbatore byepass with the dog by the time we got to CBE.

This is truly incredible, and it can happen only here on Team BHP.

We brought the pup to my parents place yesterday, and by the time we got to Shoranur from Coimbatore (about 1 hr drive) Duboy had already named the dog.

Here are pictures of DON (Bahut hi khatarnaak hoon main!), currently Duboy's full-time occupation (I guess that puts paid to his determined effort to get out of Newbie status here!)!

I want to buy a Beagle in Bangalore. UPDATE: The DON has arrived!-san_1023-medium.jpg

I want to buy a Beagle in Bangalore. UPDATE: The DON has arrived!-san_1079-medium.jpg

I want to buy a Beagle in Bangalore. UPDATE: The DON has arrived!-san_1089-medium.jpg

I want to buy a Beagle in Bangalore. UPDATE: The DON has arrived!-san_1105-medium.jpg

I want to buy a Beagle in Bangalore. UPDATE: The DON has arrived!-san_1106-medium.jpg

I want to buy a Beagle in Bangalore. UPDATE: The DON has arrived!-san_1107-medium.jpg

Last edited by Steeroid : 28th July 2008 at 03:06.
Old 28th July 2008, 06:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

So cute !!!! I have never seen a German Shepherd pup before. Don looks a bit tired, though. Must be the journey.

Duboy, here is wishing you lot of nice moments with the Don. Keep us posted on his updates !!
Old 28th July 2008, 08:00   #14
BANNED

A very adorable pup. Keep him energetic with regular walks in the open.
Old 28th July 2008, 09:59   #15
Senior - BHPian

That has to be the Cutest GSD pup ever!! Congratz Duboy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks