Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2008, 16:24   #91
BHPian

This is india and it will never change. What can you expect when you see a policeman with a magnifying glass trying to search for clues. Man our police are not at all equipped with the latest gizmos, thanks to our wonderful politicians.

Bangalore bomb blast were waiting to happen. Sadly it happened. For so long our wonderful nice city had no blast. With so much IT & BPO in bangalore. Am sure these guys were waiting for such a chance. Sadly they target the innocent for no cause of theirs.

Hope the wonderful IB or CBI or what every bloody agency catch the culprits.

MERA BHARATH MAHAN
Old 25th July 2008, 16:27   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
These a**holes dont be deserved to called even that! Am missing my family now,, just my Parents and brother in Bangalore, am working in Chennai. I had booked train ticket for tomorrow afternoon, any idea if its going to operate?
Dont think any services will be affected. Dont watch any of the news channels. Some newsreaders are saying why did the bomb blasts not happen in ITPL, Whitefield, Electronic City, etc and why in small areas? Feel like shooting these guys.

No one panic, confirm everyone is fine and leave your offices a bit late.

Post edited. We're all angry and frustrated. But that still doesn't give us the right to use foul language here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th July 2008 at 17:20.
Old 25th July 2008, 16:28   #93
Senior - BHPian

In a couple of days, the police would be out with most details including the sketch of the people who placed the bombs. After that .. nothing. thats it.

That is the pattern for all terrorist related activities in India.
Old 25th July 2008, 16:28   #94
BHPian

Oh thanks frds for update.Take care.I think traffic is going to be Bad since all offices are waiting for PC announcment.And may ask employess to leave almost at same time !!
Old 25th July 2008, 16:32   #95
rkg
Senior - BHPian

two blasts in adugodi

guys

there are two blasts on adugodi. one bang opposite my office on the edge of the road bridge on storm water drain. it seems a boy was injured as per my office security.

i heard a huge blast sound around 1.30 to 2 PM.

the other at adugodi junction- it seems 4 died as per my office security guy.

i have just seen the one on drain. it formed a crater on the edge of drain.

one behind forum mall near bus stop. one women died

one near hockey stadium on langford town
Old 25th July 2008, 16:41   #96

Now 7 blasts rock Bengaluru; 1 killed, 4 injured
source : 7 blasts rock Bengaluru; 1 killed, 4 injured
Old 25th July 2008, 16:51   #97
Senior - BHPian

I am in office @ Electronic City, could not use mobile phones but landline came handy (got a call from wife at home). gtalk also came in handy where in i could chat with sister who's office is in Koramangala.

These guys didnt spare even Bangalore, the city which was always peaceful !!

Abhi
Old 25th July 2008, 17:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

I work at my Langford Road office. Apparently, there was a blast somewhere near my office, which we did not hear. I can see huge traffic jams here. Looks like it will be a long journey home.
Old 25th July 2008, 17:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i just reached home. Seems like the traffic is returning to normal, I was able to reach home in the usual time.
Old 25th July 2008, 17:05   #100
Senior - BHPian

The best people can do is not to panic and go about with their normal work. What the nutcases want is terror and panic!! I for one am going for the movies today in Forum. Only worry is forum might be shut down today becoz of the blasts. Can't find that out as no one is picking up the fone.
Old 25th July 2008, 17:08   #101
rippergeo

So far only 1 casualty reported on the news. that is 1 casualty too many.
I'm glad everyone is safe and the blaming/pointing fingers has cooled down on this thread.

Our governments reaction to a terror attack follows the pattern as described above by some of our members. there will be sketches and names in 48 hrs, politicians will blame a "foreign hand", A compensation of 1 lakh for the deceased's family and 10,000 for the people injured will be announced. then we will forget, and go back to our lives. all of us.

I dont know if its good or bad, but in one way, I prefer it(our response), to the state of lockdown and paranoia that western powers put their citizens and other countries' citizens under.

our apathy, calloussness and short attention span actually seems to work for us.

the other thing I noticed, there is a huge crowd of illiterates swarming around the blast site, rubbernecking and gawking. this sort of behaviour is the ideal oppurtunity for a well organised terrorist group to exploit for secondary blasts.

Most of us are educated and sensible enough to stay away from these areas, but if it is in our powers, we should warn people we know, of the danger of hanging around a terrorist attack site.

Old 25th July 2008, 17:08   #102
BANNED

Serial blasts in Bangalore

There have been about a series of 7 bomb blasts in bangalore today which has claimed two lives so far. This has come as a shock to bangaloreans who have only read and heard this kind of disaster only happen elsewhere.
The blasts are centered around the Koramangala area which is a busy locality and is in proximity of IT companies too. The police are suspecting the [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Lashker-e-Taiba which has got some sympathizers in this state.
We had so far believed that places this south of the country were safe but this act proves us wrong.
Most of the companies have encouraged their people to leave early and reach home safe. This kind of dastardly acts cannot serve any purpose and until the responsible lunatics are put behind bars we have to be ever watchful.
[/FONT][/COLOR]
Old 25th July 2008, 17:08   #103
BHPian

The networks have returned to normal now. Calls on mobile phones going through.
Old 25th July 2008, 17:09   #104
Senior - BHPian

There's a hug thread on this already.. U are probably 100 posts too late.
Old 25th July 2008, 17:15   #105
BHPian

i got back home from mg road to kormangla via IRR - its all ok no traffic problems as of 5pm, suggest not to go through congested roads like vivek nagar, etc.

Most Viewed