Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How often do you think you need to wash your car ?
Once a week 96 48.24%
Once in a month 34 17.09%
Once in 3 months 7 3.52%
Every Service (6 months) 6 3.02%
Never 1 0.50%
Daily 55 27.64%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 09:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Wash the car myself once in a fortnight, use car shampoo once in a month.

Last edited by sukiwa : 28th July 2008 at 09:41.
Old 28th July 2008, 09:46   #32
BHPian

I drive only on weekends for externals and internals every 15 days, As I take my car out only on the weekend.
Old 28th July 2008, 11:15   #33
BHPian

Car gets a basic wash every morning (or previous night), plus interiors, mats etc. on Saturdays and pressure wash at the service station about once in 2 months or if we go on a longish trip.
Old 28th July 2008, 11:22   #34
BHPian

I use my car 2 to 3 times a week. I wash it in the mornings everytime i plan to use the car.
Old 28th July 2008, 11:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Unless it rains and there is mud around on roads, my car stays clean for a week. I don't want to waste water and hence wash it once a week. Once a month or so, I get it pressure washed.
Old 9th August 2008, 12:14   #36
BANNED

[quote=GTO - Touring;917918]For those who wash their cars once a week (or less frequently), is it because of a labour problem, or that car wash guys aren't available in your neighbourhood?/quote]

1. I wash my car myself so no time. (most important)
2. It does not run daily.
3. Wont run much even when used daily - will be washed when dirty in such cases.
4. I use a car cover when parked. The light weight blue/black inside & silver colour outside one. Cost just Rs. 600/-.
5. Wont bother finding a "car washer" for daily wash even if required.
Old 9th August 2008, 12:22   #37
BHPian

I don't wash it daily or even weekly, but once in a month for sure! or some times for a special occasion.
There were days when I used to get it washed alternate days as GTO pointed out its labor problem for me and I am too lazy for frequent washes
Old 9th August 2008, 12:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

I tried two wash guys before deciding to wash it myself. In the name of cleaning they have been scratching my car. Also it was just an eye wash.
I have been washing it for the last one year.

Mostly it is washed once a week or twice a week, sometimes once in two weeks.

On weekends, I clean the interiors and polish the plastics.

Waxing the car has become a rare phenomenon. I get it 3M polished once every 6 months.
Old 9th August 2008, 12:46   #39
BHPian

Daily normal wash, once a week wash with car shampoo and waxing/polish once a year along with service.
Old 9th August 2008, 13:11   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Learn something new every day!! If this poll serves as a good sample, only 20% of Indian cars are washed everyday . With labour being as cheap as it is, I had expected the number to be several times higher.
Old 9th August 2008, 13:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
With labour being as cheap as it is, I had expected the number to be several times higher.
I also expected the number to be higher; but would not call the labour as cheap - many clean their cars themselves and it is not cost, the time and effort is what matters.
Old 9th August 2008, 13:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Learn something new every day!! If this poll serves as a good sample, only 20% of Indian cars are washed everyday . With labour being as cheap as it is, I had expected the number to be several times higher.

Labour is cheap and available, but I could not get good quality wash without leaving scratches. Getting someone who cares for car is very difficult. I think scratches are left by the rings they use or lack of cleaning the cloth.

So washing car on my own which makes everyday washing not feasible.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Yup. Beter to have the car dirty then getting it washed by someone who doesn't know how. Scratches and swirl marks would be the result. Better do it yourself.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:21   #44
BANNED

My Indica and KB125 are washed everyday (except Sunday) when in Madras. The interiors of the Indica are cleaned (almost) every Sunday.

I'm yet to find a good car wash "service provider" in Bangalore. I watched the other cars in my apartment being washed for a few days before concluding all of them scratched more than washed cars.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:33   #45
BHPian

I wash my car myself, usually once a week or every fortnight.

Car runs only on the weekend and is covered with 2 covers, on the inside the light silver one, a thick cloth cover on the outside. This is to mainly to prevent scratches from dogs and cats who have a habit of sleeping on top of cars, and to prevent scraping by other cars when taking out of the parking lot.

Labour is not an issue, there are plenty cheap "washers" available. But all they do is recycle the same soiled water, use dry cloth to wipe the dust which causes more harm than good. So I have cleaning the car myself since the last three years, even if that means sacrificing 2-3hrs from my weekend and carrying buckets of water from the third floor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks