Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 15:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

That was close SS-Traveller, real close. And the lioness's are the ones who do all the killings most of the time.
Old 25th March 2009, 16:39   #32
BHPian

Being brought up in Kenya, I can safely say that this is quite common when you get a pride of lions in a good mood. They do jump on the top of the car too sometimes, but usually will sit and laze around even if you are just 10 feet away.
Old 25th March 2009, 17:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
But then, it was from an open Gypsy. The animal came right up to the car, and although the guide and driver kept assuring us that it wasn't likely to attack, we were far from convinced. Take a look. These photos are not cropped, and shot without long zoom.
The third pic explains it all! That was a close encounter!
Old 25th March 2009, 17:31   #34
BHPian

Have seen these pics floating around in email forwards, but all said and done this must have been one hair raising experience watching those huge lions that close. Just look at their build, fantastic.
Old 25th March 2009, 19:30   #35
Senior - BHPian

I actually saw somewhere (maybe was in discovery channel) that these guys actualy look forward to vehicles coming their was as they can sit under the vehicle and get some shade.

Is that true?
Old 26th March 2009, 10:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

The closest I have come to a jungle terror is this mock charge by a mother of a new born elephant. This was taken on the main Masinagudi - Mudumalai road while we were coming back from a safari.

I was sitting in the last seat of the safari van when the driver slowed down on seeing this elephant behind the buses only for the charge to happen. It goes without saying that the driver did not stop the van. You could see the tail turned up, trunk twisted and ashes flying out of the fire line on the ground as she charges out of the bushes.

Have You Experienced Jungle Terror?-charging-mother.jpg

This is terror of a different kind, the monkeys in Bandipur are notorious for pulling away eatables out of your hand if you are not careful, look at his eyes.

Have You Experienced Jungle Terror?-monkey.jpg

Most Viewed