Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2008, 17:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

suman , the constables saw the fire and then called the firebrigade, did they see actual accident itself ? I dont think so .
Old 28th July 2008, 17:56   #17
Senior - BHPian

Sad thing to happen whether irrespective of who is at fault. May his soul RIP & may his parents & loved ones have enough courage to go through this loss.
Old 28th July 2008, 18:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
suman , the constables saw the fire and then called the firebrigade, did they see actual accident itself ? I dont think so .
Black, I don't want to start off an endless discussion on this, it won't bring the poor boy back..........as you can imagine, there are multiple versions floating around - all I can tell you is that the truck didn't look like it was anywhere on the wrong side. At the point of impact, it was exactly where it was supposed to be - in the correct lane.

I haven't met the constables either but they were on beat duty right there - its an open place, no police chowk or anything, its a cross-road below the expressway. I am told they saw the whole thing but as I said, I haven't met them personally, nor do I wish to start a debate.
Old 28th July 2008, 18:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks agree , lets not debate. If the constables saw this , why dint they remove sid from under the bike and let the fire engulf him . What ever lets not debate .

May his soul R.I.P.
Old 28th July 2008, 18:29   #20
BHPian

Assuming the speed that he was travelling, I think he didn't stand a chance once he hit the truck, and even before the cops must have realized what happened, it must have already caught fire.

But more surprising is the fact, I am sure he was travelling with a 'biker' group, none stopped to help him or stood by the accident site, according to the reports, they all fled, which is a disgrace.

May his soul rest in peace, and god give support to his family.
Old 28th July 2008, 20:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But more surprising is the fact, I am sure he was travelling with a 'biker' group, none stopped to help him or stood by the accident site, according to the reports, they all fled, which is a disgrace.
Yes he was travelling with a well known group which claims to have only `responsible riders` in there gang.
Yeah right.!
Old 29th July 2008, 00:17   #22
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Apparently the biker group was on the flyover and he was only catching them up using the service lane. The "Biker group" mentioned here , is headed by very senior people who ARE responsible. Lets not get into the details of the accident or the group, nothing is going to get the young rider back.

May his soul RIP and his parents and loved ones have enough courage to go through this loss.
Old 29th July 2008, 00:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Like Faithless and aZa said i also met him during the bikers group meet once!! You are right Faithless he has a 08 Busa, black color, AFAIR he is the same guy who had removed the Exhausts when the meet took place!!

Nobody knows exactly what happened!! Numerous theories are there, but thats a fact that rest of the Group was on the flyover when the incident happened!! And yes the group rides very responsibily!!! I have seen and witnessed it myself!!

May his Soul RIP!!!
Old 29th July 2008, 00:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

Let us not speculate idly. My speculation is sort of different.

a. I believe Sidd was wanting to fuel up/buy something. If I recall right, the pump at the end of the flyover has Speed 97 and a nice IN/OUT. Remember it was 5am - that would be the last good pump/convenience shop for many many km.
b. For someone coming from Vasant Kunj, the route (even if to catch up) is to go STRAIGHT full throttle on to the flyover. He'd had to slow/brake to take the service lane, which means he had some work - else its just a slower/side diversion for someone going to Jaipur.
c. There is an theka (alcohol vend) at the corner. I would suspect that the truck came from there(couldve just been parked only), which added the surprise.

All said, highly unfortunate to see a sensible (despite his years) no-airs good rider go like that. The guy up there is not fair.

Last edited by phamilyman : 29th July 2008 at 00:43.
Old 29th July 2008, 00:48   #25
Senior - BHPian

I think the Fuel Up reason is the best justified because as you rightly said why would someone enter a service lane if you want to go to Jaipur??

And i agree, When i saw him riding the last time, despite his young age he was one terific rider!!!
Old 29th July 2008, 01:35   #26
BHPian

Here's another link i found on the net

Truck in wrong lane kills biker BUZZ

It also supports the service lane theory.

May his soul R.I.P
Old 29th July 2008, 10:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
^^ you got the wrong info , there is nothing like 1300 cc yamaha turbo .
its 2008 hayabusa .

@black12rr & rahulkool

Very kind of you gentlemen to correct me. I only said what a family friend told me.
Old 29th July 2008, 16:18   #28
BHPian

well i had a word with the member of the group who were there at that time and they were saying that he was driving at a good high speed but there was no one at the intersection and suddenly this truck comes in way to the bike and he does not get much time handle it and collided straight into it ,his tank exploded(this is because there is much more octane used in SBk's and are prone to these things),within few seconds his body was on fire and asp er them he died at the spot not due to the burn!

May his soul RIP!!
Old 29th July 2008, 23:28   #29
BANNED

RIP dude.

Such incidents send a chill down my spine. He was riding superbikes since he was 16, dont know what to say but his parents could have done better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks